Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

US rapper to expose media lies about Islam

Mutah Beale launches TV show to present "true Islam"

Islam is backward, breeds terrorists and suppresses women, are just some of the lies the media promotes about Islam, says American rapper and convert to Islam Mutah Beale, who is set to launch a TV show next month to counter the negative stereotypes about Muslims.

Beale, who shot to fame as a member of the "Outlawz" formed by hip hop legend Tupac Shakur, is set to launch Napoleon TV on Dec. 1 to introduce people to the "true" Islam and counter what he terms "media lies about Islam."

"It seems like here in America the media is attacking Islam in every way possible, so I decided to use the media to give people an understanding about the true religion of Islam, which is whole and peaceful" Beale told Al Arabiya.

Napoleon TV, named after Beale's rap alias, will be launched in Britain on cable network Sky's Up & Coming channel where Beale will present his audience an eclectic mix of segments from introducing top celebrities to Islam to explaining verses of the Quran.

The show, which will reach people in Europe and North Africa, will also give Muslims in the West unprecedented access to scholars in the Middle East with a segment on fatwas, or religious edicts, where people can call in and seek advice from accredited scholars in English, a feature Beale says will help Western Muslims in need of guidance on religious matters.

Beale will also use the channel, which brands itself as a "platform for up and coming TV channels, to air his documentary, "Life of an Outlaw," which is currently in the works and will be produced by Hollywood actor and comedian Mike Epps.

Audiences will also be treated to an inside look in to the daily life of the rapper, who left hip for Islam, with a segment called "Napoleon--The Real Me," a reality show that will follow Beale, who is now a motivational speaker, around

When asked what makes his life so interesting, Beale answered:"I want people to see that being a Muslim is a part of everyday life, which could be me taking my sons to a soccer game or me in a business meeting."

"People will get to see me going about my business while always striving to get closer to Allah."

The audience will also get a look at exclusive footage of Beale in the African nation of Gambia where he is currently working on opening an orphanage with U.K.-based charity Muslim Global Relief.

"I was an orphan and this is something I want to do because it is close to my heart," Beale said, adding "I will not be making a single penny out of this all money raised will go towards helping orphaned children."

The next stop after Gambia, could be from Gaza to Kashmir "anywhere where they will have us," Beale said.

So who should tune in to Napoleon TV?

Muslims who want to learn about their religion and non-Muslims who have misconceptions about Islam or anyone interested in understanding why someone would give up the luxuries gained from selling more than 40 million records worldwide.

"My goal is to introduce people to Islam and let them leave with an accurate understanding of the religion of Islam."

Napoleon TV will be launched on Dec. 1 on Sky channel 843. The show will air daily from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

large_15958_90244.jpg