Sign in to follow this  
Qandalawi

Hayfever, How do you treat it?

Cara.   

I'm so glad allergies--like all other modern evils--can be laid squarely at the feet of the West.

An over-the-counter antihistamine like loratadine is pretty effective. You won't feel drowsy, unlike earlier OTC and prescription drugs. You will have to take it daily, and it only relief the symptoms; there's no cure for allergies aside from possibly ingesting intestinal worms (really).

Currently, loratadine is marketed under the brand name Claritin, but the generic drug is much cheaper and just as effective. It works pretty well for me, with minimal side-effects.

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Hayfaver is the SANBOOR ????????

then i must be talking about something elese ,,,,
:D:D:D

Meel walba afkaa la galee, adigoo hubsan xataa. Hayfever yaa ogaado ereyga fever ayaa ka kastay, ciyoowba feebaro mooday ama qandho yaah?

Tukaale, sanboor wax la iska dhaxlo waaye, umana maleeyi inay jirto daawo baabineyso. This is from a guy who suffers from an extreme form of it, kana keenay, like the most of the family, my aabo, who have had an even extremer one that only temporary relieved by his smoking harsh Cuban sigaars and the small one produced by Keenyaatiga diiqa ku sawirnaan jiray, another sigaar kuleel badnaa he favours to this day because it makes him briefly to relief from sanboor. His sanboor xataa wuxuu keeni jiray neef.

Anyway, in Waqooyiga Ameerika, a genetic drug that goes under the brand claritin is very effective -- temporary, that is.

Originally posted by Cara:

I'm so glad allergies--like all other modern evils--can be laid squarely at the feet of the West.

An over-the-counter antihistamine like loratadine is pretty effective. You won't feel drowsy, unlike earlier OTC and prescription drugs. You will have to take it daily, and it only relief the symptoms; there's no cure for allergies aside from possibly ingesting intestinal worms (really).

Currently, loratadine is marketed under the brand name Claritin, but the generic drug is much cheaper and just as effective. It works pretty well for me, with minimal side-effects.

I agree with Cara,,,,,,,, loratadine is the best for the moment and so effective.

Cara.   

MMA,

It's interesting that your dad's allergy symptoms could be alleviated by smoking cigars. If that's the case, Chinese acupuncture may offer him some relief as well.

Acupuncture?

:D:D:D

Maya, maya, sigaarkiis yariiska ayaa u fiican. He only smoked large Cuban ones, which was shipped from Sacuudiya pre-war once a couple months in cartons, and we ship the Keenyaatiga one, another hard, kuleel one, now.

^^Sigaar dawco noqday waa yaab sxb, Whatever works for every one it doenst matter how absurd it may sound, like I said a wadaad friend of mine told me he used black and some how managed to compeletly got rid off it, and even added that he has'nt experienced the problem since now for two years.. my question comes, has any one tried it or had similar experience? Aaway wadaadadii iyo Xabad sowdayaashiii? :D

Thanks to ya all, like Somalis say "Nin buka 1000 latalisay", a wide range of talooyin in display, some used before and clatirin is what keeps my momentum, waa iska temporary solution and after a while hindiso iyo duusaad isku dari hadanna, indhahana kaaga sii daran.

Who said the west waa meel fiican horta? In the winter it is a breezing cold I hate it, and in the summer is this fever aaaaaaargh don't get me started now. :mad:

Dhul gaalo raaxo mataalo

Taliban   

Originally posted by Tukaale:

Who said the west waa meel fiican horta?

If you live in the West over a period of time (+20 years), there's the possibility of contracting cancer.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by Tukaale:

Who said the west waa meel fiican horta?

If you live in the West over a period of time (+20 years), there's the possibility of contracting cancer.
LOL. That's true.

Apparently if you've lived in the west for 20+ years you grow an extra head too?Is that true :(

My cousin suffers from bad hayfever to the point where she is lethargic and just really groggy.I feel really bad seeing her in this state and never knew Hayfever could be this serious until I noticed her suffering.She takes allergen tabs too but they dont seem to do alot.

^I think there are injections available for severe sufferers. I haven't gone for one, although my allergies get pretty bad in the summer, but I'm told the shots are quite effective. I usually use a combination of tablets and eye-drops.

Som@li   

I use 2 have severe allergy, hayfever back in NZ,I used take injections after tablets couldnt help, and since I moved to Gulf, Masha allah, I get it rarely, so changin the location helps, as it is mainly seasonal with all pollens.. Using glasses helps, preventin allergen interein ur eyes/

This page may help you, . Sanboor---Sinusitis

In extreme cases, Some doctors perform surgery, and I was thinking abt it till a month back I read on the paper, a doctor in Abu Dhabi tried to perform a surgery on patient, but the patient died.

facep1.gif