Sign in to follow this  
Sweetlady

What is single mother?

Bissmillahi raxmani raxiim.

As salamu caleykum wa raxmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.

I have a question for users of this side, as many u of are aware or hear one of problems that many somali families are face in western counties are SINGLE MOTHERS. So I want to know what is single mother? Why so many so somali mothers are single mothers? I work at hospital I have been asked my colleaugues why only mothers bought their children? What the somalian fathers do?

If u go to parents meeting at schools most somalian pupils are with the mothers.

Wabillahi towfiikh.

Hibo   

I dont know why there are so many single mothers....but could it be that most of them are not single mothers but report that to be the case to keep getting the welfare checks, while the hubby is still working....or maybe the husband is not fulfilling his duties and the wife figured she is better without him since he is no help anyway

about your other question....most parent teacher meetings are frequented by mothers regardless of nationality...probably mothers have a need to know how their kids are doing in school and the father relies to get the info through his wife....

P.S why is the divorce rate so HIGH among somalis?? cwm21.gif

------------------

"Prayer is man's greatest means of trapping the infinite resources of God."

- J. Edgar Hoover

Hibo   

woow alot of good Qs.. well i really don't know why there is single mothers or not. but about the somali mothers being here and there well that is a good thing so far. but yeah as indhadeeq said to get the damn welfare which is not worth any of the things they doing to their kids or family to get that check. and about going to parent teacher meetings well yeah mothers are caring and all and like to know what is happening with their kids. but not always

coz me personaly my dad was the one going every where u name. but i guess having one parents is better than nothing.

about why divorse is high among somalis. well think about it alot of ppl get married not knowing the person well so after while that isnot who they wana be with so it is time to say ta ta. and also lack of communication.. i won't and i really dn't wanna generliate them all but we know somali couples don't sit and talk or even listen to each other. they both talk at the same time and get mad the fact the other person isnot listening and most of the times end up divorcing each other for lil thing that they can solve.

or how about ppl. why our ppl like to see other couples destoryed? i don't get it.. i have seen some i won't say all somalis are like that but what do they get out seeing or making other couples fight and go through hell?? well anyone has answer or ideas feelfree. i sure wana know that.. well peace out for now.. masallama...

------------------

peace in the middle east.

Hibo   

SOMALI MEN ARE NOT REAL MEN ENYMORE

ALL THEY KNOW IS HOW TO CHEEEEW JAAD

DEE NAAGIHIINE WAY KU XEYRAAMEEN OO KABEEYEEN

Hibo   

It is really absurd to accuse your pple of Cheating the System on a "Puplic Forum"!!!

Believe it, its not their choice to live in such a humility (begging & living with only $500 cheque) nor they want to live off Welfare Forever..! Pls check your facts before any accussations.

Which reminds me of this African Proverb thats just about the right thing to say: "Home Affairs Should not Leave Home."

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Buubto   

Sweetlady

Only Allah subhana watacalaa has the right answer to this question. All I can say is we are in totally crisis we don’t want to admit but the bottom line is we r corrupted completely. Look at us cadaab rabaani ayaa na heysato dhulkeena hooyo kuma daganin oo nasteexo kuma heesano dhul shesheeyana kadaalik. Cadaab rabaani ayaa na heesata wax ilahay ogyahayna wey socotaa. Wherever we go we r on fire constantly, is time we smell the coffee & remember Allah cuz that is where we went wrong. Ilahayoo kaa magan galnay cadabtaada (Amin).

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

Kool_Kat   

Indhadeeqa, I agree with you...

Soul_Lady, some of the Somali ppl may not have any other choice... But I've seen a lot who, like Indhadeeqa said, report it that way... If what you said is true "Believe it, its not their choice to live in such a humility (begging & living with only $500 cheque) nor they want to live off Welfare Forever..! Pls check your facts before any accussations. " Why don't they try to get a better education or work... There are a lot of free training programs they could enroll, if they really wanna go futher in life... But all they see is free money... So they figured, why work or go to school when I can get free money from the government... And the funny thing is that you see them at weddings wearing $500 set dirac, gabasaar and dahab or may be even more... So help me understand where they get that money from. cwm44.gif

BTW, I am not say all Single mothers are the same... On the other hand I see some that work real hard... You know, they bend backwards just to meet ends need... And I give them mad BIG UPS... You know... But there are only few of those...

Hibo   

Kool_Kat thanks girl couldn't have said it any better smile.gif

Sould_Lady

if that was the case who is holding them where they are....does anyone have a gun on their head syaing go get that check and spend it on DIRAC AND GABASARO

salaam

------------------

"In the end we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, we will understand only what we are taught"

--Unknown

Hibo   

Ok, "Cause and Effect" think about that for a sec. All i'm hearing is unsubstantiated/just plain wrong assumptions - You'r assuming choices and decisions are their responsiblity - Let me tell you this.. Fate have no choice!

And its convenient and easy excuses for most of you to not look deeper into the welfare recipient's history ie; - the environmental causes, social/family conditions etc.

Even the psychotic homeless person sleeping under cardboard on the street is assumed to be to blame for his/her condition. Our explanatory labels given to these needy people convey no deep understanding of the origin of their problems. Our thinking is simply to blame them.

Why would we do that? If we can pin the responsibility on the victim, we might aswel dismiss the importance of unequal education, wealth, health, etc. If the addicted, incompetent, emotionally upset, and psychologically disturbed are "responsible" then why bother with exploring their business! - Sounds like a mind-set to prolong ignorance to me.

God Bless.

------------------

"Indecision is like the stepchild: if he doesn't wash his hands, he is called dirty; if he does, he is wasting the water."

Kool_Kat   

Soul_Lady, I hear you sis... But there are still a lot more who abuse the system... Way way more than the once you're talking about...