Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Latent Racism: It's real

Kashafa   

During a November 17, 2006, standup comedy routine at The Laugh Factory in West Hollywood, California, Richards responded to an African-American heckler with racially charged comments, yelling, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside-down with a ******* fork up your ***" (an apparent lynching reference), and repeating "He's a nigger!" The heckler responded by calling Richards a "******* cracker-*** mother******" and "******* white boy." The incident ended when Richards walked off of the stage, leaving an employee from The Laugh Factory apologizing afterward. Although Richards performed at The Laugh Factory the following night without incident, the company has since stated that Richards is no longer welcome at the venue.

And here's the vid

and CNN's piece

Reminds me of verse 3:118 "...Qad badatil Al-baq'dhaa'u min afwaahihim waa maa tukhfee suduuruhum akbar....."

".... Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse..."

Here's a supposedly educated man from Hollywood's liberal elite: The kind that are supposed to be super-inclusive of everybody and everything. And in a fit of anger, he reveals what goes on in his mind but can't say everytime he looks at a black man. Put this man and many others in a time machine, turn the dial back to 1956(just 50 years ago), and he'd happily lynch a black man for the fun of it.

I saw this on most of the news channels, monday night.

For those of you who don't know MICHAEL RICHARDS, he is "KRAMER" from seinfield.

I know most of you remember that sitcom, jerry seinfield and his loser friends, george, elaine and kramer.

Anyways, kramer apparently didn't have much going for him employment wise and he decided to take the stage and tell jokes, only he couldn't handle folks taunting him, so he went off on a black audience and revealed his true colors.

What's worse is, monday night, DAVID LETTERMAN had JERRY SEINFIELD THE SCAMBAG as a guest, and Jerry had the audicity to say MICHAEL is on VIA satellite and I think we should hear his side of the storY?

I think JERRY SEINFIELD IS MORE RACIST THAN KRAMER IN MY OPINION...he even went as far as hushing the audience when they laughed at KRAMER as he was telling the viewers and david letterman how sorry he was, who does jerry seinfield think he is?

Talking about, I am not racist but I was outraged and I couldn't stop some of those words coming out of my moutH? Now u know he is a crackhead because he couldn't even make sense of what he was saying. Anyways, I think the black audience member handled himself very well, he fought back, this loser doesn't deserve anymore coverage than he already got.

On the other hand, it makes me wonder because, apparently, this past tuesday, it was the debut of the Seinfield Show season 7 on DVDs, it could be a publicity stun on Kramer's part and Jerry conveniently played the hand he was dealt.

Jacpher   

Thanks Kashafa.

I never liked that show or the character he plays. George plays a better character. Did you say David Letterman? Hmmmm.

Lock this nigga hater in a room with Mr. T and have him tell his side of the story, if there’s a story to tell. What’s the point of apologizing really? The voice tone and the body language show the real picture.

NASSIR   

The thing I don't understand and I will never understand is why is it ok to abuse the N word within African Americans themselves but aberrent when other races like white employ it against African Amricans? Of course, the very act revives the subject of ancestral memories of forced labor and the ownership of human being as property.

Biibol, let's be fair.

Dave Chappelle is allowed, by a very cheering and rapturous so-called "madoow" people, when he repeatedly utters absentmindedly a litany of the infamous N-word and reinforcing racial stereotypes on his shows.

He was preceded by the late, very respected, slur-prone Richard Pryor, who is viewed larger-than-life to this day; who was applauded and honoured to opening bravely the road that would be followed by every famous, successful African-American comedian, from Martin Lawrence to Eddie Murphy to Chris Rock to Chris Tucker with their irresistible N-word-based commedy.

Events should be put in perspective. If they do not like the infamous, with such a sad historical weight behind, N-word -- they should start with themselves to refraim from using it, if especially they are offended this easily when others use.

Eniwey, Kramer waxa u qarsanaa on his guts ayaa fakaday. [Yes, I am a Seinfeld fan, the first and last American show I ever watched.]

As he himself admits in the very tape: "It shocks you, it shock you what lays buried."

As inexcusable as it may seem, waxa calooshii ku jiray ayaa afka ka xaday. Wuu cabsanaa, perhaps. Still waxaas haduu caloosha ku heystay, let it air, at least healthy ayee u tahay. I would rather have see or hear the racist tirade aired than intuu isku qarin lahaa, as fast majority of humankind do.

Who really isn't prejudiced, by the way? And Soomaalida would be the least to comment about discrimination iyo prejudice -- a shameless people who wouldn't allow their very brothers and sisters to marry their very own sisters and brothers that share with faith, colour, culture, language, ethnicity and history.

Gif mi e biriik.