Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

I have an idea guys(the play)! ;)

Hibo   

Subject: Play

Aim : Publish an online play

Authors: Somaliaonline Nomads

Guys, I have a good idea, i mean really if you know what'am saying.

Here is the deal,

---------------------------------------------

The deal is if you contribute fairly in a play written by all of us, then, you get to see the play publish as soon us the play is publish here in somaliaonline forums.

---------------------------------------------

The moderator will be the admins who will make sure the relevant input goes into to the play. The play will be about the life in diaspora. Although the subject is open for discussions. You all know it can be done within a short period.

Jamaal-11, whats cracking hommie. I was actually trying to see if all of us can write a NOVEL ... everybody adds something to the story everyday. Within couple of months, we can publish it and donate the proceeds to the 1977 SOMALI WAR VETERANS or something... biggrin.gif

Hibo   

LOL LIBAAX sxb, anything can be achieved if there is a will, and i think we should make something thats unique and never been done b4. Like writting a play online with everyone contributing. I know it will be the best play ever written coz the forumers are audiance and they can add what ever they like to hear. More flavas from everyone's fantasy will lead to best fiction novel but i think we can write something thats based on our experiances. We have gone through many things and i think it is time we put it in words.

I know everyone is good at something and thats what we want to do. See the nomads writting what they feel and experiance.

Hibo   

BARWAQO anytime is perfect to start. i think we should start it tommorow.

It is always good to have an opening chapter or even the starting notes. You can suggest us a topic hat you feel writting a play about is worth it.

Lets dance... wink.gif

Hibo   

I don't hav any ideas at the moment....but I will let u kno when I come up wit some (Insha Allah).

What sort of play do u want to do? Comedy? Drama? musical?

Hibo   

Good Idea Jamaal-11 but what language would you like it written? Somali, then you will have very few people contributing, since we are talking about Somalis in Diaspora. Why play? Eventhought Sanka taabte is kidding, I like his suggestion the best, at least Novel can be written with in a couple of days. Now play takes time. I should know, I wrote a Somali one. It was kind of hard but atleast I am on the stage were I am polishing. I wish I was not such a perfectionist. I change everytime a little and now it looks very different then the one I started it with.

I would like to come here once in a while and partake this play of yours. Good luck

Text

Hibo   

Me is diyaar...Jamaal..when u r diyaar...sotuurhee...me is desperately sugitaan when this is bilaawaniga!

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

Hey MMA lol, sxb adigaaba majaajilo socota ah. Thats a very good suggestion, writting majaajilo will a homourous way of presenting the truth coz i know i am into homour.

Ashwaaq, Sister, you are right plays are harder to write and even worse tougher to comptemplate their ends and motives, but i think finishing a play here would be an achievement to be remembered. I know novels are best for this kind of situation, we will consider that too.

Hibo, abaayo, smile.gif I liked the way u've written your post, i mean the somali-wise. I thinnk the play or the novel's start is ideal anytime someone comes up with the openings notes. Soon we shall embark on it, insha-allaah sooner than we plan.

Who has a nice opening note for either a play or a novel?? guys we can do it wink.gif

Hibo   

Jamaal

To write a play or a novel for that matter you must know your characters as you know yourself. What do they eat, which side of the bed do they prefer, what do they hate, who was their best friend growing up,etc. Whey you have a clear picture of your character could you then put him/her in a situation.

Oh if you write the idea of the story first you can come up with the whole writing.

You have not answer which language you prefer? Somali or English. I am assuming english.

Good luck

PS: I lost my pasword yesterday, how do I get it?

so, when are we gonna start ... I can't wait for this ... and what did we all agree to start with ... novel or play ... c'mon Jamaal ... take the lead here and shine us with some motivation ...

one love

Hibo   

Hey, I have a note from a story called "illussion and realities" ofcourse written by a somali fella asking questions from life to death, excuse the explicitness of his words though it is not sexual but about morality.

[This message has been edited by JamaaL-11 (edited 05-14-2002).]