Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's killing each other in Minnesota- gun crime

Hunt for suspects after murder outside Brooklyn Center hotel

Read Comments Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

One man is dead, apparently shot to death, outside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Brooklyn Center early Wednesday morning. The victim was a 31-year-old Somali man, according to a news conference Wednesday afternoon. He was a husband and father one one child. Friends identify him as Mohamed Jama.

The 31-year-old was at the hotel visiting a contingent of basketball players in town.

Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center said the victim was well known in the Somali community. Jamal said the victim volunteered at the Advocacy Center and was a security guard. "He's greatly missed. The community is in a state of confusion right now," Jamal said about Jama.

Authorities are still investigating this incident and looking for suspects. "These types of incidents are happening all too often and silence only fuels more violence," Brooklyn Center Police Chief Scott Bechthold said.

Police received a call at 4:30 a.m. for a disturbance outside the hotel, which is located on Freeway Boulevard near I-694.

When authorities arrived, they found a man dead at the front entrance.

The Brooklyn Center police chief would not confirm how the man died, but original reports were of a shooting at the hotel.

Officials are interviewing hundreds of people in the hotel, which was 80% occupied.

This is the second homicide of the year in Brooklyn Center.

There are no suspects in custody.

^ Very sad.

his brother was killed in almost the same manner a while back .... Alla yarxamu he was a great guy & wasnt even involved in the Qabil/Gang sh!t

Kool_Kat   

Allaha u naxariisto, samir iyo imaana ka siiyo cidiisa...

For a family to go through such experience twice in this life, gosh, I don't even want to imagine...Allaha u fududeeyo...

Geel-Jire, I am new to this state.

Can you expand on the gang/qabil comment?

Also the reaction of the community is appaling. Before him, there was the 17 year old, then before that the two men who were executed at 7am, not to mention the incidents in riverside and so on.

Whats going on?

^ I'm not in Mpls bro ... the victim ayaan qaraabo nahay .. i was @ his uncles house last night because of this incident ... i was told inay aarsi tahay ... a nice wadaad guy was killed from one familly who was not involved in the dispute so they picked off the most promising guy they could find who was not involved either.

what a waste on both sides.

^^^From the news it does not look planned. A tragedy indeed, I know the family of the mother and my heart goes out to her. A tragedy.

But they are going at it here.

Aaliyyah   

May Allah have mercy on him and may he rest in peace.

-------------------------

From the womb to the tomb. That is the whole trip.

money   

i Knew NuurKeey. He was a very nice guy who always greeted you or give you a hug or smiled at you or nodded his head to say hi when he sees you at a distance. I remember just that night, he was at karmel handing out flyers about an event to commemorate the Somali Independence Week. His murderers already killed his brother Carte (snoop) and his cousin Hakeem (Najib) 6 months ago. Another 18 year old, Abdulahi Awil was killed two months ago.

It is going crazy and people know the killers. They are all very well known but no one dares to come forward as witnesses. Every one is scarred and doesn't want to get involved. It is only about 10 guys ( all grown men) who are up to no good fighting and killing each other for something so trivial walaahi.

RedSea   

I am hearing another somali was stabbed to death. If this is true, then somalis are doomed community.

ps. I don't think it's qabiil motivated.