galbeedi

Dr. Edna Aadan should stick to healthcare which she does well and leave politics to others.

galbeedi   

Before I start this article, I want to declare that as a Somali nomad, I will not engage anything that undermines the honor and dignity bestowed by our tradition to Somali women in general. I will strictly abide by that rule and only engage on the political side of the argument. 

Soomaalidu waxay tidhaa, nin durbaan tumay cilaaq dalabay.

The reason I am writing this article is the false impression the Somali people took from the actions of Ms. Edna Aadan during the reconciliation conference in Djibouti last week. . While her defence of the secessionist cause might be applauded by those she represents, many Somalis feel that her over kill victim statements and description of Southern Somalia as a foreign land inhabited by murderers , could have been shaped  by her past history of victimization at the hands of the military regime.

Some even suggested that Dr. Edna could have been traumatized by the long incarceration of her former Husband and statesman " Allah ha Naxariistee" Mohamed Ibrahin Cigaal. 

Yet, the truth is further from what most people believe or told.

Dr. Edna was one of the first Somali women to earn a degree in nursing and healthcare. She is a pioneer in her own right. Her maternity hospital in Hargeisa which was opened in 2002,  has trained many Somaliland young women to be midwifes and nurses. The sun cannot hide her achievements in terms of healthcare and helping women. Dr, Edna was a person of privilege since she was a young woman. She was the wife of one of the most successful politicians in Somaliland and former prime minister . Unlike many who may have suffered during the war instigated by SNM in the eighties, she had a comfortable life both in Mogadishu and Hargeisa from 1969, when her husband was incarcerated by the military regime to 1991 when the Somali state collapsed. While she left Somalia in early eighties, she frequently came back,  stayed and worked well with the military regime. 

She never suffered one single a day after  Cigaal was overthrown by Siyaad Barre . In fact, as soon as premier Cigaal was booked to jail, Ms. Edna married another man immediately. Cigaal shared visitor food and other prison needs with the help of other relatives of incarcerated leaders like general Mohamed Abshir, Berda Cad and others. During the Kacaan years , she was taken cared of as those who were the closest to Siyaad Barre. The military government built for her a huge house in Mogadishu and when she moved to Hargeisa in the late seventies , the commander of 26th division general Salxaan was instructed to build another house in Hargeisa for the former first lady.

To set the record straight she wasn't traumatized about the incarceration of then premier Cigaal.

Ye, looking her statements and over exaggerated victimization and the way she describes other Somalis as evil, the good doctor might be over compensating something we might not know. In America, it is not difficult to discover the hypocrisy of certain right-wing politicians who accuse other of infidelity while they themselves were guilty of that same crime. Newt Gingrich, Robert Livingstone and others come to mind during Clinton Impeachment.

In Somaliland, there are few actors who usually very loud on the issue of denigrating southern Somalia or showing extreme hatred toward unity or understanding. For example,  Cawil Cali Ducaale, Dr, Edna Aadan and Faysal Waraabe,  to some extent,  fit perfectly to this category. Yet, they never suffered one single  during the Kacaan years. In fact, they prospered during the military regime. Cawil was dishonorably dismissed by the civilian government of Aadan Cadde and Sharmaarke in 1962. The civilian government was elected, goal oriented and confident back in those days. Imagine,  officers were arrested for a coup and after court proceedings they were found to be young, angry and overzealous. That government never even felt threatened and the court found them gulkity and dismissed them dishonorably.  that all. Yet, today we see people like C/maali Coldoon and others sentenced and incarcerated for years by saying the current regime of Somaliland is traveling the road of failed regimes. It is all about paranoia and being the wrong leadership.

Cawil Mucjiso flourished under Siyaad Barre as an ambassador in Africa. Faysal had worked for the state in different capacities for 20 years. Yet, this group is louder than those who have lost loved ones during the civil war or witnessed the agony of war.

They could be compensating their past actions of being close with the former regime they despise at this juncture of history. Today in Somaliland everyone has carved his/her own history and story. Politicians and pretenders go on TV and record their own narrative with no one second guessing or correcting the record. The southern Somalis, except the few educated do not even know most histories other than the collapse of the state.  

One day some us might get the right resources and uncover about these false prophets.

I know Dr. Edna Adan's performance in Djibouti conference had rattled many feathers. She  dominated the talks, and earned the title 'Wasiir-ka-roon'. :D 

In any case, her history is well known but you want to hear it from the horse's mount, I provided the link below for her latest book 'A Woman of Firsts', indeed a great read.  

Hopefully after you have read the book, you can revisit your post here and apologise to the lady.

a-woman-of-firsts.jpg

cadnaan1   

Now it makes sense her extremist behaviour is to hide her past working with siyaad Barre just like you mentioned waraabe and ina mucjiso but you forget waran cadde  he was also another nss officer.

galbeedi   
6 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

but you forget waran cadde  he was also another nss officer

Cadnaan1,

You are correct. Waran Cadde is the same category. He was not only " Nabad Sugid", but some people placed him at the villa-Somalia beside Siyaad Barre the night before he left. He was what the security people called the senior guard comander of the night . Waxa uu ahaa sarkaalka heeganka ee habeenkii dawladu baxday.

Waar dawladii way dhacdee meesha iskaga teg ayaa lagu yidhi. Now he is Mujaahid and extreme Lander in Hargeisa.

3 hours ago, TRO - AJT said:

Evidence please that Edna Aadan was working with Siyaad Barre while he was massacring her people in the north.

Listen kid, when the bombs were flying in Hargeisa in 1988, she was out of the country. The irrefutable evidence is she prospered and did well under the Kacaan while her former husband was languished in jail. 

What I stated here about Dr. Edna is the truth,. Siyaad Barre had given her huge land near Asluubta in Mogadishu. Her big house in Hargeisa was built by Salxaan., but if you want hear say, here is one.

I heard that she was informant for Siyaad Barre.

TRO - AJT,

You are correct. Marwo Edna Adan became a senior at WHO and eventually became the Country Director for Djibouti from 1986 until retirement in 2000. 

As with regards to Husseen Ali Ducaale (Awil), he was appointed as an ambassador to Kenya in early 1970s and defected in 1977.

galbeedi   

How many times I told you guys do not debate historical facts with those of us who have PHD in that category.

The Wikipedia page says she left Somalia in 1981 and later joined WHO. Why not find out what she was doing from 1969-1981. Go serve the internet. All you will get is generic recycled material.

7 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

As with regards to Husseen Ali Ducaale (Awil), he was appointed as an ambassador to Kenya in early 1970s and defected in 1977.

Suldaanka,

Ambassador Cawil defected in 1977 as you stated but that wasn't the end of his game. Since Siyaad Barre sidelined many capable military officers in 1969 and surrounded himself and the  two dozen or so well trained junior officers joined the Supreme Revolutionary Council. Thus he needed to re-activate the dormant officers who were senior officers before the 1969. He released many from jail including Colonels C/laahi Yusuf and Aideed, and since Cawil was a graduate of Sandhurst elite military college and probably specialized in intelligence,  he was called from ambassadorship and asked to serve  in the Doolow military zone. . 

He was carrying military intelligence dossier and rather than join the Doolow unit and cross to Somali Galbeed he defected to Kenya and then proceeded to London. Not only he defected, he held a press conference and accused Siyaad Barre and Somalia for not only instigating war against Ethiopia but also have plans to invade Kenya soon.

Yet, in 1978 ambassador Cawil came back to Mogadishu to the surprise of everyone. Everyone thought Cawil will be executed or sentenced a long prison term since he released national secret.

Again there was another surprise. He was re-appointed to another ambassadorship and went about to his business. People say he became informant and might have even kidnapped anti government SNM people and others  to Mogadishu. THere is more , but now is not the time to rehash all again. Yet, today he is among the loudest critics of South and unification.

Listen guys, politics is an art of deception, misrepresentation and on another level an art to make things possible and work with people to make things happen.

The main issue here  is these people like Dr. Edna and Saleebaan Gaal who are over eighty years old are the past can not be part of the future.

Nabad iyo Caano.

• Thanks 1

gooni   

Nin yaa beri sakaaraday, markaasaa islaantiisii rogi wayday nin kale oo dariskeeda aha bay oran jirtay ila rog-rog 

Maalinkii uu dhintay yaa mid kale usoo dhawaaday tacsi ka dibna si sarbeeb ah ugu sheegay inay ka war hayso asayda ka dib.

Waxay ku tiri mid kale yaa ila rogrogi jiray marxuumka intuu xanuunsanaa.

Edna dhakhtar hal eray lagama qorin berigii kacaanka odaygii cigaalna tacsi uma samayn waxayna ahayd liberal xor ah ama gabar soomaaliyeed wanaagsan.

Maanta markay waynaatay waxay ahayd inay cuqdada ciyaalka kala dhex bexdo si ay u helaan noloshii ay kusoo raaxaysatay oo kale.

5 hours ago, TRO - AJT said:

I do love how our beloved Dr Edna can get under the skin of these old wanlaweyn fools. They rewrite history to make her seem less significant, less qualified or speaking out of turn. All because she continues to wipe the floor with the corrupt, incompetent fools they have representing them.

We love you hooyo Edna. Continue to make them miserable in their old age!

You are extremely naive and brainwashed,how old are you?

You debating with elders, dad usoo joogay, oo waayo  arag ah, hala doodin,, and Waayeel sida wax u ogyohiin uma sheegaan, please stop it there and let us say EDNA did exteptional, excellent job in health care.

While Somali legal Prime Minister AUN, Egal , her husband was locked up in under ground, was being tortured daily, instead of running away ,or objecting, and seeking justice,  she started partying with new Somali Ministers,  and when Egal found out and divorced. She was and still addicted to power.

This is just tip of the iceberg, many dark stories for her and WARAABE and others.

Keep digging son, open your mind, get the truth, and don't let pple using  emosions  brainwash you.

And people deciding your future, know their character first.

3 hours ago, TRO - AJT said:

I'm old enough to be your daddy, little boy. So hush up before I put the cane to you, you ignorant little miscreant 😅

Also, I don't taking lessons from vile, disgusting weasel like you who calls a distinguished, educated Somali woman like Dr Edna a "Sirqad".

Unlike you, I don't just take the words of ranting old men as fact, I require evidence before I believe something.

Edna and M.X.I Cigaal (AUN) were already divorced by the time he was languishing in Afweyne's jail, and she had remarried to an economist. So your stories about her are nothing more than the toilet water that streams from your mouth. Read the Lancet article about her (Transformation in Somaliland: Edna Adan Maternity Hospital, page 5), which proves you to be nothing more than a lying rat. 

In fact, most people believe it was the Maakhiri "flower girls" who were not only partying with the Somali Ministers, but also providing "relaxation" services to the Kacaan. No wonder you want the Somaliweyn days to return, your women have been "out of work" for too long.

So while whoring for Siyad Barre Officials?, was this part of rebellion cause? And where in the world, people think she is a hero now?

Only delusional and emotionally screwed person would follow this.

Seek help son.