Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A Somali Mississauga man calls 911 claiming he killed his daughter

peelincident02.jpg

A 16-year-old girl "Somali origin" is fighting for her life in hospital, Monday, after Peel Regional Police received a call from a man claiming to have killed his daughter.

Peel police told 680News the 911 call was received at 7:55 a.m. The Somali man told the dispatcher he had killed his daughter.

Investigators said the incident happened in the Hurontario Street and Trailwood Drive area, at 5363 Longhorn Trail -- six houses away from a school yard.

Crime scene tape wrapped around the front and back of the light-brown brick, double-garage house, which had four cars on the driveway.

peelincident02

Police told 680News the woman was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries. She had no vital signs when paramedics arrived on the scene, but she was revived.

"We received a call from a resident on Longhorn Trail here indicating that a male had just killed his daughter. We arrived on scene and located a 16-year-old female who was suffering from life-threatening injuries and she was transported to hospital," a Peel police official said.

The 57-year-old man, believed to be the girl's father, is now in custody.

Several people were taken away by police for questioning. It's believed close to a dozen people were in house when police arrived. It is unclear how they're related to the victim.

There is a report she was strangled, but police have not confirmed that.

files.php?file=peelincident_631580606.jp

Pujah   

Several people were taken away by police for questioning. It's believed
close to a dozen people were in house when police arrived.
It is unclear how they're related to the victim.

Was it too much to stop the old man from nearly killing his daughter? :rolleyes:

Nephissa   

Not a Somali, nonetheless very tragic walaahi.

Teen Dies After Being Choked In Her Own Home

Tuesday December 11, 2007

CityNews.ca Staff

She wanted to be more Western.

He wanted her to be more traditional.

And that clash of cultures may have been what led a father to allegedly choke and kill his daughter on Monday. Police are saying very little about what happened in a home on normally quiet Longhorn Trail in the Eglinton and Hurontario area of Mississauga. But the friends of 16-year-old
Aqsa Parvez claim she was desperately trying to pull away from the strict traditions of her devout Muslim family.

And they contend that led to the attack that eventually took her life. She passed away in hospital overnight. The sad story began just before 8am when a man called police to report he'd murdered his daughter. Authorities found the girl clinging to life. She'd reportedly been choked into unconsciousness.

Her father, identified as 57-year-old cab driver Muhammad Parvez, was taken into custody at the scene. Students at Applewood Heights Secondary School, which the victim attended, tell of a troubled family life, with the teen refusing to wear the traditional head covering hijab, and preferring more Western-style clothing.

They say she'd moved out and was staying with a friend, and may have gone back to get her things when the confrontation began. "She's kind of rebellious a bit," confirms classmate Heather Bottecher. "She's supposed to wear the hijab. But she doesn't usually wear it. And she usually wears short sleeves when you're supposed to wear long sleeves. And she wears, like, low cut shirts and stuff like that."

"We noticed a drastic change in her appearance," another friend named Shianne Phillips recalls. "Like, she used to dress religiously. Now she's dressing in, like, more causal clothing, like other people."

There are reports the teen would wear the special garb to school then change when she got there to fool her father.

Parvez makes his first court appearance on the newly upgraded murder allegation on Tuesday. The girl's 26-year-old brother, Waqas, has also been charged with obstructing justice.

Aabe dhaaxoo Soomali ah gabar wuu dili, hadii meeshan caruurta lagu sii hayo.

chubacka   

sad story man, this is what happens when you come to these western countries in search of a better life. something has to give...but you dnt have to go dat far an strangle da poor thing and land yourself in jail. :(

lmao@NEefey

Kaalay, why aa J-baro saas ugu ceebeenee? LOL

J-baro, how many times aan kudhahay, post your sources, without them, its almost impossible in waxaan serious loo qaado, ee nadaa, pakistani iyo wexe eey yihiinba yey nawaalin.

Magacyada ayuu inoo soo badalay, lol(but death wax joke loo qaado maaha@Jbaro) title ka marka aan hada aqriyay, I was shocked, KK meydey???? Neefta aaba igu dhagi laheed.

Kool_Kat   

^LOOOOOOL...Wuusoo subkaday...

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

I wanted to laugh at the name
Mississauga
thinking it's Jaceylbaro's abused form of
Mississippi
but it really exists lol

Heeeeey, leave my city alone...

Sad indeed...Allaha u fududeeyo kuligood...

NASSIR   

There are staggering statistics about many homeless children in the United States. Almost all of them faced sexual, physical and verbal abuse. These children develop violent behavior and become prone to physical violence and other illegal activities as they grow. It is not wise to beat up your children or even abuse them verbally. Keep bad peers at bay and where your children grow up, esp what neighborhood, matters.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:

Mississauga
thinking it's Jaceylbaro's abused form of
Mississippi
but it really exists lol

I'm serious before this topic i never knew a city in the world existed with the name missisausage :D (j/k)

I agree with Puja this group of individuals at the house should be held accountable aswell unless they arrived after the incident.

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:

Mississauga thinking it's Jaceylbaro's abused form of
Mississippi
but it really exists lol

I'm serious before this topic i never knew a city in the world existed with the name missisausage
:D
(j/k)

I agree with Puja this group of individuals at the house should be held accountable aswell unless they arrived after the incident.
Daa'uud, Mississauga -- pronounced as Misisaaga -- is Koronto's little sister city, literally next door with some 700,000 people, many of them South Asians.

Chimera   

I know Ottowa,Toronto,Calgary,Vancouver etc etc but Mississauga?? i feel like an American

American: where your from?

Asian Canadian: I'm from Mississauga

American: *chuckles* you mean Mississippi boy?

Asian Canadian: no Mississauga!!

American: Missisaga Missiga something familiar about that name Ohh i know it's that island next to Korea and Japan where they sell nice sushi,right right?

hehe

Kool_Kat   

American: Missisaga Missiga something familiar about that name Ohh i know it's that island next to Korea and Japan where they sell nice sushi,right right?

LOOOOOOL...Good one...

Mississauga is a suburb of Toronto, but faaaar from looking like a suburb - very very buudhiful...Some of its landscape architecture Toronto xataa ma qabto...Still not half as popular as the big cities in Canada... :rolleyes:

SubhanAllah.

A 16-year-old... God, some people are just out of their minds...

"There are reports the teen would wear the special garb to school then change when she got there to fool her father. "

That's what happens when you suffocate your children by not teaching them about the religion and GOD, but just what they are "supposed" to do in order for the family to look like an average Somali family.

Us Somalis take Islam and being a Muslim for granted. May Allah guide us all.