Sign in to follow this  
DJUK

SOMALI NUMBERS

DJUK   

Can anyone help me with something thats been nagging at me for a while, a few weeks ago while chewing (khat)a friend and i were arguing about the somali population both back home ( africa) and abroad. so if u guys can give me even an approximate number it will be greatly appreciated.

thanx

Som@li   

aslamu calaykum

after extensive search and study this topic, i came to conclusion that somali population is between 10-15 million.

wasalaam

NoVa   

^^^^10-15 million...don't ya think that's a'lil bit too much....I thought we were around 8.5 million before the civil war....how about those that died????....maybe about another million were born afterward...but i don't think 15 million' of us are in this world....

underdog   

were you guys having that marqaan discussion on "if every somali on the planet gave you a dollar, you'd be a muliti-millionaire" :D:D:D

NoVa   

lol^^^ ya remind me of this lady that was a teller in a bank...she use 2 take one penny from everyone's account...after couple years later she had about 2 million in her own account...unbelievable'huh'...what a lil wise'lady' she was....

Jaabir   

Originally posted by rudy:

may be if didnt chew, you will get up and research yourself!! :confused:

Afkaa caano lagu qabi Rudy.. my thoughts exactly..

i like how u keep it real saxib.. ;)

mmmmm walaahi wacajiib ninkhaat cuni uunbaa iska soo fariisan waxay katusin in uu ririyo dadkii somaliyeed..oo ileen marmar ayuu khatku ra'iyo fiican produce gareeyaaa.....ok any way,somalis in this world are many and not many at same time...wonder why?do not,they are scattered everywhere in the world and no one can conduct a thorough cencus.even u.n tried but fails to do so.

i will say we are probably around 25 million. i am talking about somali not somalia.(the republic of somalia)the somaligalbeed and n.f.d makes around 10 million(8 million in s.galbeed and 2 million from n.f.d).

and djabouti 1 million that makes around 26 million. we can conqure ehtiopian kenya nad ertrea.

nuune   

^^^^ daba Musbaar and dhajjis is the one he is chewing i guess, the daba musbaar one is hot, it makes your eyes go backwords, by the way am not khat chewer, i have seen some friends who chew daba musbaar type ,and they were wild like sagaaro

RaMpAgE   

Its funny the somali population has been estimated between 7-8million only in somalia for the last 35yrs, seems like our population nevers grows even tho we have one of the highests birth rates in whole of africa

N.O.R.F   

Nuune says

by the way am not khat chewer

so where did dabo musbaar come from?

waar farax ayatahaye iska cadeeso, waa caadiye, waa inakiye ;)

I think the chap asked a sincere question and deserved a sincere answer. Now people can we just do the right thing rather than go into territories that you were never asked to talk about. If your dont know then perhaps you can look the other way.

Data here is pretty outdated and may not be of much help but I guess its agood starting point.

Outdated stats