Sign in to follow this  
Mawa

Are the guys lagging behind?

Mawa   

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

Almuminah what I call desperate is not the effort these girls put to get married from other races, that is ok becouse i dont decide whom they should but..... what I call desperate is bashing and insulting all somali men in the process.

really :eek: Would you mind explaining your previous comment:

That despearate. Going to local mosque to look for men from other races whom they dont even know yet?

I expected better from somali woman. Now i can understand why pple like modesty n da'wa r ranting against somali men.

Ps.I wish ladies could be fair with their expectations and admit that we too have our owm shot comings. Iam married to a somali man and never in my life before and after marriage have i thought of marrying foreigner not that i have anything against those other brothers in islam, but i found my love from within and alxamdulilaah it gets more blessed by the day.

I was talking about the type of girls who practise the deen and perfer someone they think could measure up to their expectations (not the half tradition half deen that sort of brothers, but wadaad to the core. If you disapprove of their choice thats your problem and by the way i never said anything bad about somali men, infact if you read the second paragraph you will see i was more leaning towards them and asking if we're expecting too much from them but anyway next time make sure you read and re-read if you have to before you jump on someone's throat.

One last thing why would anyone want to wreck someone else's home by marrying a married man. think about it if a man has a wife and a child/children and he somewhat suffers from mid-life crisis syndrome do you think wife number 2 can provide him what the first wife couldn't. Maybe in the honeymoon period things may seem to look fine but once they pass that or if they're lucky when the first child comes into the picture he'd properly regret his decision and divorce her without a second thought. by then first wife has lost the respect she had for hubby and may insist divorce. so you see its unwise to settle for a married man.

PS you're married right so I'm assuming you're one of those raaliyo type my advice to you is be careful what you wish for

Mawa   

as for the rest of you, you need to enrol in an anger management class, i feel your negative energy is flooding around bisinka take it easy.

actually some people understood the topic better than others. is not about somali men in general its about the practsing brothers and whether or not we have enough to accomadate the need for the growing market. ;)

Originally posted by Dhubad:

A wadaad once told me that he was approached by an Imam of a local mosque in London and told him the majority of sisters who are currently looking for marriage are Somalis and irronically most of them said they prefer men from other races.

So the Imam said to the Somali wadaad "what have u done to your sisters" the wadaad was dumbfounded and couldn't give him an answer.

To the sisters what is the problem? I am sure no one is 100% perfect but I believe is better to stick with your own kind, makes the life easier I guess !

Dawa these comment was what i replied to.

If you revisit the first page, u can clearly see I had no problem with ur topic though u used that famous generalization that all the good somali men are married.

If you have decided to go to a local mosque searching for a husband, pls dont generalize and say i cant find a good practising wadaad. we have plenty. :D

Iam also tired abt all these somali lacking this, somali men lacking that. yes they r far from perfect and may not be the best husbands but they r the best fathers atleast to me :cool:

Nehanda   

I think what we need is SPEED DATING. A unique place where Somalis can mingle with the opposite sex with the opportunity to find a worthy partner. Of course there must be certain criteria, for instance

1)You must be Somali

2)Over the age of 21yrs

3)Well educated

4)Working

5)No criminal record

If one put together a sound business plan including various stats/bar charts and even use quotes from SOL and other similar Somali sites, this would be a profitable business.

For those contemplating opening an internet cafe, this is for you. An untaped market with low competition and high number of customers.

Quite few number of willing investors too.

Mawa   

why are you misspelling my name, if there is one thing i can't stand it's people who misspell/mispronounce names. if you're doing it to annoy me congratulations you've won. redface.gif

I wasn't generalizing I was talking about the ones I came across who had everything going for them which made me wonder if the wife had something to do with their success.

Iam married to a somali man and never in my life before and after marriage have i thought of marrying foreigner not that i have anything against those other brothers in islam, but i found my love from within and alxamdulilaah it gets more blessed by the day.

Iam also tired abt all these somali lacking this, somali men lacking that. yes they r far from perfect and may not be the best husbands but they r the best fathers atleast to me :cool:

One minute you telling the world how you found your love but the second comment you're saying he's just a good father and nothing more than that is that why you seeking a second wife for him in the hope things will change. :D You need to attend a marriage counselling sessions ASAP, you've got so many issues to deal with.

what's with the continous double standard and contradiction who are you trying to impress abaayo its ok to be different, a pat on your shoulder and wow comment from the opposite gender isn't going to make you popular. we're not in high school no need to seek for approval. :D

Blessed   

Originally posted by Ma'wa:

I wasn't generalizing I was talking about the ones I came across who had everything going for them which made me wonder if the wife had something to do with their success.

Err. Perhaps, she married him because of his success? ;)

Mawa   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

quote:Originally posted by Ma'wa:

Err. Perhaps, she married him because of his success?
;)
These men didn't have all the formula for success priory to marriage either Missy used her magical wand or they realised the need to change either way marriage was the cause for the transformation. :D

[QB] why are you misspelling my name, if there is one thing i can't stand it's people who misspell/mispronounce names. if you're doing it to annoy me congratulations you've won. redface.gif

I apologize

I wasn't generalizing I was talking about the ones I came across who had everything going for them which made me wonder if the wife had something to do with their success.)

Yes, see smart wives

Iam married to a somali man and never in my life before and after marriage have i thought of marrying foreigner not that i have anything against those other brothers in islam, but i found my love from within and alxamdulilaah it gets more blessed by the day)

This comment above was dedicated to my husband :D

This comment was dedicated to my father :D

[/quote by Ma'wa]

One minute you telling the world how you found your love but the second comment you're saying he's just a good father and nothing more than that is that why you seeking a second wife for him in the hope things will change. :D You need to attend a marriage counselling sessions ASAP, you've got so many issues to deal with.

Hehe. I have the best marriage counselling at home. The Holy Qur,an and sunnah of our beloved prophet. I do not need any one else to tell me how I should stay married ;)

[/quote by Ma'wa]

what's with the continous double standard and contradiction who are you trying to impress abaayo its ok to be different, a pat on your shoulder and wow comment from the opposite gender isn't going to make you popular. we're not in high school no need to seek for approval. :D

Was it not you who started the thread? Even if as you say I try to impress them, what would I or they gain from it? they know am the oldest woman in SOL icon_razz.gif , they all know am married. All am trying to say is no one is perfect, everyone including you and I. U admitt that the succes of these husbands may be the result of their wife, why not be smart and transform one too.

Dont take things personal sis.

Ibtisam   

Ummuyeey, that is a very generous offer. I just might head you way in a few years :D

P.s. Men are crying there no good women, every guy you see is complaining and women are complaining there are no good men. I think there maybe a communication problem here.