Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Information Overload

Originally posted by -II-:

Soodigan leh 'aqoon la'aan waa iftiin la'aan' bal Shades ka xidho hadaba, yaanu iftiinku ku cawarine
:D

si fiican, su'aasha marlabaad u akhri.

Faheema.   

Yes, I did indeed. I felt that in order for me to answer your question, I must first answer it with a question and take your signature into consideration smile.gif Yes, we come a long way since the telegram era but there are also people today who don't use the internet, watch tv, who don't have cellphones or cars.

So, how much 'aqoon' is enough before you feel overwhelmed?

NGONGE   

^^ I think you're black listed now, Mrs F.

He's right though; there is an information overload (that has nothing to do with knowledge).

Ten years ago, had I saw you walking down the street talking to yourself I would be certain that you are mad. Now, I would be certain you are talking on your mobile!

If you get a microwave you will need to ensure you get one with enough power to make cookies and you have to understand half of the nonsense the salesperson is telling you about wats, volts and the like. The same with a fridge or washing machine.

Every item has its own list of words that you need to master before knowing that you are buying the real thing.

Even on the net, you are faced with things like LOL, LMAO, ASL, DSL, SH, BRB, TYT, DND, ARS, Sheikh Sharif, etc.. :D

Aqoon la'aan waa iftiin la'aan is what is making the old man shout there. :D

Aaliyyah   

my aunt who came from hargaisa recently told us she heard people saying " hebel mobile buu qaatay" (she understood it as he has a cell phone so she thought so what u know)...finally she was told " naa mobile buu qaatay waa wuu ku dhuftay"...lol.

lol just wondering why did you add shiekh sharif to that list of slang ppl use over the net? is there a political meaning you are trying to convey here ?

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

does anyone feel overwhelmed with all the stuff that is out there? internet, tv, cellphones, cars, newspapers.

But you can filter it really easy.

Aaliyyah   

lool wa ku dhuftay - he went crazzy...as in mentally handicapped..or no that word isn't used as of late. How about developmentally disabled lol