asha aviv

how many laguages do u often hear in the somali language

:D somali dosent even exsist

lol

if u look at all somalis

native somalis u'll find some lookin like

arab white mixed wit black nd white

indian sri lankan paki

Qofkaan threadkaan bilaabay, waxaan moodnay iyo waxee/wuxuu noqotay/noqday. We thought s/he was a keen, sincere seeker of Soomaali language, but alas, s/he isn't, oo ciyaarnimo ayee la timid meesha.

We will remind you again, soo baro Afsoomaaliga and then come back, to have a decent dood. But I will give you a benefit of doubt, once again, going after your words.

fargeto-fork-italian

shukoman-towel-italian

roti-bread-african nd carribean krio

sitiman-month-italian

sharmouto-the "b" word-lebanese

kibir-selfish-lebanese

kourbeto-blanket-italian

Let's start from the last.

Kubeerto is, rightly, a Talyaani word used some reer Koonfureed. The correct Soomaali word that doesn't obviously exist in your Soomaali language is buste.

Kibir in Afsoomaali is islaweyni ama santaag ama even jees.

Sharmuuuto: Dhillo [You are now forcing us to explain dirty words on a family site, yac.]

Sitimaan: Toddobaad. [And don't even try to to bring usbuuc of Carabi.]

Fargeeto: falqaado ama macalgo. The words, though qaado is a bit different, are referred for spoon as well. [PS, the word fork itself in English is Laatiin in origin, either from the Talyaani or Faransiis words of forchetta or fourchette, respectively, which proves again English itself is culprit once more when it comes borrowing carelessly.]

Rooti: Soomaali word is furin. However, as we previously mentioned words like gaari rooti, is nothing new. Reer Hindiya might borrowed from us, who knows, since they have plenty of Carab words in their midst, why not a word from us.

Shukumaan: Qalajiye. Southerners may use "shukumaan" and the Northerners "tuweel." The correct word, though rarely used, is qalajiye.

Rooti, as we previously mentioned like gaari, is nothing new. Reer Hindiya might have borrowed from us, who knows, since they have plenty of Carab words in their midst, why not a word from us.

--------------

Me, ninkaan magaca ardeyga wato was a former member of here, and I don't know why uu magaciis hore u retire gareeye and few months later registered with this ardey name. He is a Carab Xamar ku dhashay that likes to downplay anything Soomaali eh or divides the unity of Soomaalida, oo maanta uguma horeyso. Waa ninkii yiri koofibarawaani Soomaali ma'aha. Hadana yiri dirac Soomaali ma'aha. Hadana yiri hoosgundi [macawiis] Soomaali ma'aha.

Maantana muxuu keenay? Afmaay Soomaali ma'aha, xataa dadkii ku hadlaaye uu la doodayaa. Anigii u dhashay, oo guri Afmaay loogu hadlo kusoo koray ayuu na leeyahay afkaaga aan kaa badiyaa, asagoo qirtay xataa in uu ku hadlin. Waa yaab iyo nuskeeda.

Let's see the first paragraph of the little article uu keenay that is supposedly in Afmaay. One thing aan horta dhaho: If a language is written in any other foreign formula, the said language becomes obscure and misunderstandable to the natives of the language. If Ingiriis is written in Afsoomaali -- like 'baliis, kamoon, biibol' -- the natives of Afingiriis may not decipher it.

So, let's see the first sentence of the said Afmaay paragraph, which was supposedly written not a universal writing system of Afmaay.

Farty Afky Maayky may liing etheegsythey Alifky Roomangky, yeetho haruufo bersho liing doorythi weerdhingty Afky Maayky ing gaarky e. Alifky Afky Maayky may leyaa lapaatung i afar shibly 24, shang 5 shaghal oo aasa'aas e, i hal 1 shaghal ing yaal.

That is Afmaay. Yes, it is. But it is written a non-recognizable form to confuse people. Let's put in a plain standard Soomaali.

"Farti afki Maaygi mey liin edegsadi alifki Roomaanki, yeedoo haruufo bershoo liin dooridi weerdhigti afki Maaygi in gaarki eh. Alifki afki Maaygi mey leeya labaatun ii afar shibli [24], shan [5] shagal oo aas'aas eh, ii hal [1] shagal in yaal."

Now tell me which maryooleey doesn't understand the above sentence, even a cursory glance. Let's put in Afmaxaatiri now and see how they differentiate, some of confusing Maay words now in brackets.

"Fartaan afka Maayga waxaa [mey] loo [liin] adeegsaday alifka Roomaanka, iyadoo [yeedoo] xaruufaha barkood [bershee] loo doortay [dooridi] weerdhigta [weerdhigti] afka Maayga u gaarka ah. Alifka afka Maayga wuxuu leeyahay [leeyaa] labaatan iyo [ii] afar shibil [24, shan [5] shaqal oo aas'aas ah, iyo hal [1] shaqal u [in] yaalo.

Now, it is obvious most words in Afmaay and Afmaxaatiri share same roots, same basic structure, which makes dialects be a language.

Dadka qaarkood waa iska muran jecelyihiin, markee dooda muran isku badasho, waa laga baxaa meesha, otherwise qofka asagaa daalaayo.

me   

MCXamar, where does docter come from, its origins are not english.

What is the etymology of doctor, doctor comes ultimately from Latin docere `teach.' It entered English around the turn of the 14th centry as doctour `early teacher or father of the Christian Church.' It was borrowed from Old French, which took it from Medieval Latin doctor `religious teacher, scholar,' from Latin doctor `teacher.' This comes from docere `to show, teach;' interestingly, docere originally meant `to make [something] appear right.' It came from decere `to be seemly, fitting.' The sense of someone who has received the highest degree from a university arose sometime prior to the late 14th century. The same is true for the meaning `doctor of medicine,' although this sense did not enter wide use until the 16th century. http://www.takeourword.com/arc_logi.html#barber

So dhakhtar doesn't have to come from english, since even the english borrowed the word.

MMA, mahadsanid, tusaale fiican ayaad na siisay.

Dad badan ayaad u moodaa in ay u nool yihiin in ay dad isku diraan, ama wax dhibaato ah un in ay wadaan.

RedSea   

^how do you pronounce your name, waxa kale iska daaye?

Anyways,either teach or be taught,but don't come in here and say Somali is bunch of stolen words,c'mon.

After all,Somalia is the land of poets,did you not know that son? uhuuuuaahaaa,eehheee,ihiiii.Waamaxay kan yar ii sikalaysani.

p.s,rooti iyo furin waligaa ma isku cuntay,i did,yummy! :D

Candho Qoys

Rooblaan or rooblane.

Che, intee ka keentay ereyadaan?

Are you sure 'candho qoys' is Afmaay, and not Afmaxaa, since Maay doesn't have the "c" letter. Qoys is qoys nooh.

'Rooblaan.' Amee tahay Afmaxaa oo 'roob la'aan' laga wado? Ma fahmin ereyada, ee hubso dhawaaqa iyo spellingka inay isleeyihiin.

I should have clarified that my bad. Both are Maxaa tiri..The second word is actually roob-laana(singular).

I can't believe people in here are actually saying Af-May May is not Somali. Amazing.

RedSea   

^Af may is Somali indeed,those who say it's isn't simply are being arogant and racists,not intended for anyone in particular here offcourse.

As for the dude with the funny name..what have you learned so far? uh ah ayaad ku haysaa maanto dhan eh...cajiib.