galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

30 minutes ago, Holac said:

Good to see our people pushing infrustructure initiatives like this without any governent help. Cidi uma maqna. 

Efgt0XjXYAAJwg6?format=jpg&name=medium

You cherish what you built.

galbeedi   

Boosaaso is abandoned by UAE long ago. 

Even C/laahi Deni, in an interviews with C/salaam Hereri, confirmed that since the assassination of the port manager, UAE is running the port from long distance by just collecting money.

There is no resolution in that port at the moment, and since it is election season in Somalia, no Puntland leader will raise his voice this time.

Puntland is reaping the fruits of federalism. The federalism naysayers wanted reer Puntland to go to Xamar for everything and don't have a say on how they govern their affairs.

This project was opposed by Farmajo & Co. it is surprising his Guulwadayaal here on SOL are jumping on the bandwagon now it is on it's last legs.

15 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

👏👏👏 First time you posted anything positive about Puntland Kkkkkk. I think you hate the idea of federal Puntland but you have to learn to live with it Che kkkk.

Being from the region [tribally speaking], I wish it to be prosperous much I like to wish for every region of Somalia to progress. As far as federalism is concerned, I am all for it, but we have now can't be considered federalism. It is at best confederacy.

3 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Being from the region [tribally speaking], I wish it to be prosperous much I like to wish for every region of Somalia to progress. As far as federalism is concerned, I am all for it, but we have now can't be considered federalism. It is at best confederacy.

And a Confederacy it shall remain until they centralist supporters come to their sense. Puntlanders aren’t naive. While federalism might the law of the land, we always knew it would take time for all stakeholders/Somalis to come around to embracing it. And so we are in it for the long haul, unlike the centralists who are always deluding themselves.

May Garacad, Puntland, Somalia prosper and May all other Somalis learn from it.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:52 PM, Che -Guevara said:

So in your opinion Puntland should have said yes to everything Farmajo came up with? Puntland wants federalism based on rule of law and not the wishes and wants of one man. We have been there with Siyad and don't have no interest to go back to it.

galbeedi   

Garacad was possible for  two main reason, and neither of them has nothing to do with the federal system. 

First, both the centralized administration of Puntland and the Mogadishu based federal governments are very weak to either  support or reject the initiatives of the citizens.

Second, the Boosaaso disaster supervised by the Puntland administration had failed miserably which pave the way for these businessmen to flow a different model. If Dubai had succeeded to strangle  and totally own Boosaaso  , it would have denied anyone to build another port in the region with the help of C/laahi Dani and others.

So, as the logic goes, Somalia needs a decentralized system of government where locals could develop their economy without the grip of oligarchs in  Garoowe with the current federal system or the Mogadishu based centralized system.

We need a new model.

Looking at the pictures of the new port, it exactly looks like the Dooraale terminal in Djibouti built with over $350 million dollars. .I know local people here in this town who have shares as low as $5000.

Job well done.

galbeedi   

Che,

The debate about the relocation of the capital from Mogadishu has started among Somalis. yesterday I was talking to some people about the relocating the capital and many people said Baraawe or Baydhabo. The northern guys said, " we are already 2000 km away from Mogadishu, and we need a central location".

I suggested Garacad since it is brand new town, with Indian ocean type with mild climate. I guess those of us from the north and those from Mogadishu should meet in the middle, and this new town could fit the bill.

Yes debate has started, it is the President and Mps that can push, but of course needs courage as they are hostages now.

Great progress from Garacad! Soomali waa isku dayataa many will follow,