galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

Private sector is extremely efficient and zero corruption, everywhere Somalia where all public sector is rotten 

Illyria   
7 hours ago, galbeedi said:

We might have been even duped long time ago. I know some Somalis had put their hard earned money, but looking back , the quick manner the money was raised , and the millions still pouring while making probably 10 cents to the dollar, I suspect the Emirates could be the owners behind the curtain.

Balderdash sir! As an investor, I could say none of that is true. If a deal is to be made with an investor, say Abu Dhabi Ports & Terminal, it would have go through, be vetted, and approved by the Wadaagsan Executive Board. PL is an investor in the project, has voting rights with some influence, but not a majority voting rights. If and when the Board sees business reasons to partner with, to complete the project, primarily the 3G road, then it shall have to secure majority vote. The intent is, and was, for the project to be Somali owned and operated port. Rest is just waffle. 

Illyria   

Let me see if I read this correctly: so, he opposes Deni, parties ways with Islam Bashir, the de facto Issim of Mudug, and is calling for Hasan Sh to dispatch Turkish army to Garacad? Again, he does not want UAE, but wants Turkey. He wants Turkey armies on the ground, on the sea, and in air. Why Turkey, but not UAE? He is no longer an Issim, but a politician. A former CID man, Shirwac, has been on the wrong side of history ever since Siyad Barre crowned him to replace Islam Cabdulle in the 80s, was forever a Kacaanist in the worse possible time working against SSDF, allied with al Itixad in the 90s, opposed the bottom-up approach during Arta, where he was canvassing support for the TNG of A/Qadim & Galaydh, sided with Cadde's jabhad in the 2000s, sided with Farmaajo during his rocky tenure against Gaas, and is now placing the cart before the horse for HSM. This is his way of trying to undermine Deni, and stymie the project. Reer PL know of his dark history.

galbeedi   
On 4/30/2024 at 2:59 PM, Illyria said:

If a deal is to be made with an investor, say Abu Dhabi Ports & Terminal, it would have go through, be vetted, and approved by the Wadaagsan Executive Board. PL i

Mr. Iliria, it looks like you spilled the beans. Are you even entertaining to make a deal with Abu Dhabi? They are our competitors, don't produce anything and we could be a free port just like them. 

Waar bal aduunyadan eega. Waar maxaa hanidii Soomaaliyeed suuqa loo geynayaa.The road to the border could be paved any day and suddenly you got a 10 million customers in your neighborhood. Please don't sell Garacad and just wait few years when the right leadership shows up.

Illyria   
14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Mr. Iliria, it looks like you spilled the beans. Are you even entertaining to make a deal with Abu Dhabi? They are our competitors, don't produce anything and we could be a free port just like them.

O' just a bit of an insight, hypothetically speaking, predicate on the conditional clause of "if and when". Competitive perhaps, but for now, we are neither blessed with the wealth nor the human capital AD port & terminal offers, and unlike DP World of Dubai, it is neither as cut-throat business-wise nor degenerate as al Maktoumi's Dubai, but foreign nonetheless. A city State of half a million Emirati, I do not see it as a threat as, say Turkey, an empire seeking to regain its glorious departed self.

Is any part of Somali territories primed for entering into long-term exploitative contracts / agreement with any foraging nations hunting for treasure troves? I think not. Are there benefits to be gained? Check Berbera & Bosaso (DP World), Xamar port and airport, as managed by Aufot General & Favori respectively. I think so. Sell off, or auction an inch of any Somali territory? Never! Trust any politician to doing that which is in the best interest of the nation, or the right thing? Never!

14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Please don't sell Garacad and just wait few years when the right leadership shows up.

Again, it is not for sale.