Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Scientific Strange But True Facts!

Curly   

Since people like my usless facts I thought I'd share some more with you!

Did you know that in Japan there have been two cases where men have been thought to be Alcoholics for years but had both claimed to not have not drunk a drop of alcohol for years. After one of the bloke’s doctor had become extremely worried about the guy’s health he was sent off for a biopsy and there in is lower intestine they found Alcohol producing yeast :D which had grown on this gut lining and was fermenting his food and in turn passing alcohol in to his bloodstream. This obviously gave both men a drunken disposition practically all the time. :D

http://www.ei-resource.org/candida.asp

I think I’ve mentioned the gay animals somewhere before, but I thought this was so hilarious I had to repeat it!

Well apparently this was researched into by a group of scientist using rams. They found that rams who behaved in a homosexual manner had in fact different size hypothalamus to that of the heterosexual rams. They also found that this was true in gay men; however this was through a study using the brains of dead AIDS victims. :(

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993008

A recent study has shown that people with implicit prejudices are left mentally exhausted after interacting with someone from a different race.

Strangely the study showed that areas in the brain associated with self-control light up in white people with implicit racial biases when they are shown images of black people. Weird huh?!

http://www.newscientist.com/hottopics/humannature/article.jsp?id=99994388&sub=The brain

Oh and obesity has been associated with breaking up sperm DNA, therefore the study showed that overweight men had more DNA fragments in sperm which lowers fertility and increases the chances of their partners miscarrying.

Also another study has shown that in the early stages of a romantic relationship spark activity in dopamine-rich brain regions associated with motivation and reward. The more intense the relationship is, the greater the activity. So it’s not really love at first sight and this very same activity is similar to the activity seen in the brain of people enjoying chocolate.

See science isn’t BORING! :D

Curly   

*still sniffing*

Well I'm touchy about stuff like that! so watch it...but you're forgiven! :D

sue...woow..

walaahi . u internet addict ...

how u come accross stuff like day

google got to ur head haa

but nice findings

i love the bit about gay men having smaller hypothalamus than the str8 people! i always knew they were retarded!!