Sign in to follow this  
Juxa

appeal to all nomads

Baashi   

^ You know him for real. That is not his name though :D Last time I saw him he was telling me how he found very lucrative business in east Africa. He said it is about importing busses and cars. He said the only competition is Indians...they are the only ones who really understands the game I'm about to embark.

^^ Baashi, the name is fake but we are talking about the same brother. Small world.

It is amazing inadeer. I was just reading a thread by a nomad talking about how "investing in Somalia" is "in" and I couldn't but wonder how many nomads have no clue of the new frontier. :D

Baashi   

^I work for a company owned by very shrewd businessman whose only worries is his bottom line. I could get laid off anytime of his choosing. That is all my degree could get me: to work for someone else! Bal maalintii caqliga hadda igu jidha hadaan heyn lahaa. Libaax, in 1995 there were no business in Minnesota you know. As the Brando the actor said in that memorable movie "I could've been somebody" :D Ciiloow wayee :D

Annigoo arkaayaan waddada eyro-goo jadhaye,

Amarkii Illaah iyo waqtigu waa wax kaa adage,

Nin anbadey halkuu aadey wey ula ekooneede!

Rag waa business akhyaareey. Libaax ma i maqleysaa rag waa business sxb barbarkey ka baxdaa waa bakeyle galeen. :D

Baashow, did you say "bottom line"? lol

Wallee we are on the same boat. That is all my degree could get me. Work for a shrewd business man who happens to have the same degree.

Baashow, rag yaanu isu dhuumane sahanku Afrikuu ku maqan yahay. Odaygii igu weynaa ee aanu dirsanayna weli ma soo noqonoo October 24 ayaa la sugayaa. As a matter of fact he got an invitation from Ina Qansax Odawaa and that is how he left in the first place.

Juxa, this is very interesting. Documenting our lives in some way is very important, I wish you luck. I don't know what your project involves but if u can, do not restrict yourself to those that have 'made it', whatever that means. It is hearing of the struggle of others- which continues daily for all of us- that inspires us and encourages us to keep at it. The end result is often not all it's cracked up to be. The honour is in the struggle.

Keep spreading the word via the Internet and email and u will find wholesome, bittersweet stories in the most unusual of places. I should know. Let us know how this shapes up if u can.

Baashi and LS, the degree and its 'end result' too are a struggle. We rely less on our instinct when we become part of a system. Would either of u drop the job and start selling cards in a small kiosk? Even if u knew there was easy money to be made which would allow u to move on to something else?

But that's another topic. I'll stop torturing juxa. :)

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

baashi thnx walaalo

LST, bro what iam after is actually, doqowdi/waxgaradka SOL to tell somali sheeko, old or new. pple who have meant something and made great contribution to somali dhaqan, or life generally.

so, dont be innocent by-stander. i know u are (nomads) hidden treasure.

bilaa caleek wahsida dhaafa,,,,,,,and show me what u can do :D:D

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^ indho-uroon, wadnaha waaxyahiisa, qalbiga qabowgiisa, nafta raaxadeeda, noloshada aawadeeda smile.gif yes i did send u da email. i will send again if u did not receive the first one