Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

What motivates you?

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

We face hardships and challenges in life, right? So why dont we all share what motivates us and not give up in the midst of bad times. When nothing seems to be going right, what motivates you to stay focused?

The envy of others, the look on their faces after you make it --- the simple things in life, like ants can carry something like 10 folds of their weight [it could be more, not sure :confused: ].

Coomay   

Calaykum Salaam,

What motivates u? is the question, right I think it's matter of choice or individual's taste, this is my opinion and it can be wrong!

1 - Quotable quotes: The power of words

2 - visualize what u looking for and dream u attain through hardwork and persistance towards the same goal.

3- to recondition ur mind and emotions what ever up lifts you to your maximam perfomance - can Spritual(Diin) - can be soundtrack(music & heeso) u like.

So when the chips are down and budget is low,and conditins are harsh or u up against tough competition,you need to choose what works for you - the american football coach used to motivate his team : by saying while playing on the field his famous saying: When the going gets tough - the tough get geos.

Churchill the british wartime priminister toughing up his troops against the mighty germany warmachine assault - he used to say : a famous words - like - we will fight on the beaches - we will fight in the air.....

Bill Gates - has his own words: like:

Life is not fair; get used to it.

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

I hope I shed a light bit -

So LOng

Haddad   

Originally posted by Raxmah:

When nothing seems to be going right, what motivates you to stay focused?

I have never experienced a state where nothing seems to be going right. I have experienced a state where a few things seemed not to be going right. What motivated me to stay focused is the help, guidance & counsel of those who have experienced it before me. Seeking help, guidance & counsel from those before you is the best option, because you get informed of what to expect and how to solve it. Being on your own, trying to solve it through your own way, the uncertainties and doubts of the unknown make you pessimistic and more apt to fail.

Janna   

If nothing is going right, I don't ask for the help of anyone nor do I speak about it.

If something were to go wrong then I listen to "I Can Make It Through The Rain- Mariah Carey". It works like a charm. After listening to that encouraging song, I analysis the situation. Because in the end it's only me, myself and I

Originally posted by Lexxy:

"I Can Make It Through The Rain- Mariah Carey". It works like a charm.

LoL. You know what every1 is thinking? Tani in la soo hadeeyo ayey u baahantahay. Bal maxaa Quraanka u diidey. :D

What motives me? Knowing that every cloud has a silver lining and everything happens for a reason.

What motivates me ??

Patience is a diamond ,,,,, Trust Allah ,,, never look back ,,,,, try ur best ,,, don't try to do something wrong even if u need to do so ,,,,, walk forward ,,,,,,,,, Take a decision , ,,, don't hesitate ,,,,

That is my golden RULES that motivates me each time i go into a deep Sh*t ,,,

Sky   

I just keep on hanging. I'm always in a state where everything that could go wrong, goes wrong. I'm just one of those people with no luck. So basically people like me are happy to be still alive and come this far.

My faith in Allah keeps me confident and also motivates me. Everything I asked for after a prayer in my life, I always got it.

NGONGE   

It is best to usually give up and have a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow is another day, as one Ms O’Hara once said.

As for what motivates one! The long answer would involve quotes, never-say-die attitudes and principles. The short answer though, is really, habit and routine.

My Laziness motivates me. I get so sick of being lazy at times that I have to tell myself to get on up and get going. I just sing along the "get on up" by Jodeci as well. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is.

Sleep motivates me to get through the day. I try not to think about tomorrow or the future by focusing only on finishing what I'm doing so I can go home and fall into sweet oblivion.