Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

The Fifa World Player of the Year Award

Here we go here we go :D

Baay bro like i said some where else your team is yet to qualify, and even if you do so i dont see u progressing further than the next knock out stage, if u get that far. I could be wrong, but i no my Footie very well :D . This is not out of spite, its just relaity mate, ur team performs crap in champions league because they are not good enough simple.

Wolrd Player.

All the greatest payers that have graced the sport, with the exception of Cryuff and Pele have plyied their trade in Italy, and have set the standard for world player. Maradonna, ZIco, Van Basten, Weah, Zidane, Ronaldo etc etc, and i think the trend will continue, and ightly so, it reflects the fact that Sera A is the best league in the world

Now let me see.

Whats the Confederations Cup?? whats its significance?? Nothing...

whats this about aggregate scores?? lol

Bro u team deservedly beat my beloved Roma 3-1 who were below par last year who (Finished a lowly 8th in the league) so thats not saying much, And you team lucky escaped with a draw at home (rember monetlla's last gasp miss)despite being 1 man up for most of the game, ( btw did u also notice how Emerson bullied Viera) despite it being a crunch game? Now thats a mark of an average team. Also where was henry that night? AWOL again :rolleyes: , missing in action??

I'll remind you here was in Samuels ack pocket :D

Might i remind you also that if u want to go on wins then i could easly turn around and remind you that Roma have Beat Real away 1-0 and Valencia 3-0 last year, AWAY from home!!! not many teams do that. Also Braca 3-1 the year beforeOlympico? But my team was not good enough to progess to the last round. Am a realist i dont by the hype around one off results.

Conversely did you see the way Juve Played away from home at the Nou Camp with Davids off? Now that is a great team, with great players.

I measure great teams or player on performance in Crunch games. Not small games

The fact remains that Arsenal have not done so well in Europe despite several years in arow in the chapions league. WhY? I suspect the answer s pretty obvious, average players and average team.

Again i will give u a good example, u beat Bay Leverkuson 4-1 @ home, But u still get knocked out. Bay on the other had Beat liverpool and man u on their way to the final losing to a great Zizou Goal. Now that time was a good team.

I dont hate any players, i just dont by the idea that 'A' Henry is on Par to say Ronaldo, Thats Pure Hype and Media Hystriea.

I would luv to see him prove me wrong but i doubt it very much, he is a premadoner.

Baaniyal   

so i guess by the above quote that rules out:

Del Peiro,Totti,Vieri,Kluivert,Raul(Spain)..etc

all who went missing at crunch games either for country or club. So what if Henry went missing at the return leg of the Roma match,he torched Samuel enough in Rome to even have you backtrack your assumptions.

The only thing you are right about is the fact that most of Arsenal's players are average players,with Henry and Veira being the exception. But then how does this club with a small budget and average players, manage to compete with the richest club in the world yearly for the domestic title,and also embarass the big boys of Seria A in the CL? I mean something has to give here!

N.O.R.F   

Zidane is my choice, at least he won La Liga, went to CL Semi (he should taken that pen against Juve,not Figo, the outcome would have been different), may not score as many as henry and Shevcenko, but when he does score they are special!

Arsenal have a good team, not a squad, they also have the highest number of converts in recent years. Maybe 7 out 10 of every Arsenal fan i come across supported a different team a few years ago. Including teams like Newcastle,Leeds, Spurs, etc, r u one of those Bay???????

Baaniyal   

Are u asking if am a bandwagoner? If that was the case,then i would have no need to defend them so staunchly,eh! With success comes many converts, Pool and United should know alot about that since they have the Asian market on lock.

Anyways i have been a fan of Arsenal since the george graham days,when we used to be known as "Boring Boring Arsenal". But it was a joy to have that chant reversed for the Houllier era in Pool,lol.

N.O.R.F   

^^^^lol, ish happens bruv, it worked for u so we stole yr idea and it worked for us,lol@asian market on lock,Pakis-Man Utd, Indians Liverpool is usually the case

Totti receives Platini praise Sunday 7 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Serie A legend Michel Platini has praised Francesco Totti and compared him to Zinedine Zidane.

“Totti is a magician on the ball,” explained the ex-Juventus hero, “and sometimes can perform tricks that nobody expected to see.”

The Roma captain is among the candidates for the Balon d’Or, although Serie A victors are more likely to be Pavel Nedved or Paolo Maldini.

tottiitnews.jpg

Totti has at least picked up one award this season, as the football fans of Haiti presented him with a trophy as World Player of the Year.

:D:D:D

“Zidane is more consistent than Totti,” mused Platini, “but then again Zizou was not born in Rome.”

The Frenchman was speaking at the get-together for the 2006 World Cup qualifying draw in Frankfurt and cast his eye over the football scene.

“Juventus are a very powerful side with Alessandro Del Piero’s inventiveness and the finishing skills of David Trezeguet.”

“Milan are stellar,” he continued, “and can continue winning 1-0 because they very rarely concede a goal. Inter are among the best sides, even if the results don’t always show it.”

WingA   

i would like Henry to win coz he's the best player in the world without a doubt but i got a feeling Zizou will get it!!

peez..

N.O.R.F   

Platini is JELOUS, bruv, Zidane has won it all and he didnt, how can u possibly come out say such a thing,,,,the best way to judge how good a player really is, to ask yr average xalimo, ask if she knows Totti 9/10 will say no, ask if she knows Zizou 9/10 will say yes, there u have it,lol, the xalimos have spoken

"ask yr average xalimo, ask if she knows Totti 9/10 will say no, ask if she knows Zizou 9/10 will say yes, there u have it,lol, the xalimos have spoken "

I must strongly disagree, I have no idea who Totti is, nor have I have ever heard of Zizou, but as for Henry, well he is on a class of his own ;) ,

so there U go, your average Xamilo has spoken lol...

N.O.R.F   

Nedved scoops top award

Nedved's Juve retained their title

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has been named World Player of the Year by readers of the magazine World Soccer.

The 31-year-old Czech had more than a third of the votes in the annual poll.

Nedved pipped Manchester United's Ducth striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, with Real Madrid marksman Raul, of Spain, finishing in third place.

Arsenal's French international Thierry Henry, who is widely tipped to win Fifa's World Player of the Award next week, finished down in fifth.

Nedved helped Juventus to retain the Italian league title last year and steered his side to the Champions League final, where they lost to AC Milan.

If only he didnt get banned from the CL Final,,,,then he would also be in contention for the FIFA World Player of the year. Winning Seria A and taking Juve to the CL Final almost single handedly. My vote goes to this man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,