Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Looking for old friends

Malika   

"The two locals gave us what they thought was the American version of dirty dancing, which was filthy and coming from two men quite provocative, and simply would not believe the version we tried to show them was correct."

^^^I found this to be disturbing.....lol,dirty dancing kulaha!!Bisinka..geeljire muxuu kaa yaqaan dirty dancing.

"We entered Somalia on the 18th of June, 1966, arriving in a vintage cargo plane. There were no seats. We squatted on the floor in the cargo hold and held on to straps. The only view we had of the outside was through bullet holes straffing the aluminum walls of the aircraft"

Subhanallah,isnt this still the same case today?..we surely stuck in mud,ancient times..daadka kale hormar,somalis..stuck in the era gone by.

RedSea   

Okay this is great oppurtunity here.

Grant

Do you by a chance know Jeana Da'heam (not sure if I spelled last name correct) she was peace corps volunteer during at that same times. She use to teach in what was little remote town called Arabsiyo in the Gabiley district.

Jeana Ha'deam tought there for some time, she even wrote fact/fictional stories about her experience. The book is titled, The last camel stories.

Thanks in advance.

BTW...welcome to SOL friend.

Grant   

Muj:Red Sea,

She lives in New Jersy and teaches at William Paterson University. You can e-mail her at jmdhaem@aol.com .

"I am always very pleased to hear from former students or friends in Somalia."

Re: the pictures- I am being accused on Snet of being a selfish liar for "withholding" the pictures, or possibly worse yet, not having them. I want to make it clear that IF I still have any, they are VERY low quality and all but two or three of them show nothing significant. The person making these accusations clearly does not understand the magnitude of the mess in my garage. In other words, no one should have any great expectations here, and I will get back to you if and when something materializes. Sheeesh..