Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Violent Islamist Extremism: al-Shabaab Recruitment in America-U.S. Senate Committee

This is unfortunate for Somalis in America, and Somalia!.

Somali community under suspicion and being monitored by homeland security.

The Bush policies to continue in Somalia!

<a href="http://WASHINGTON - A Somali-American community leader warned a Senate panel yesterday that Boston may be among half a dozen cities where youths are being recruited to travel to Somalia to fight alongside a radical Islamic group with links to Al Qaeda.">web page

Just great, now we will Boston PD, and FBI on our behind

rest of the article

STOIC   

Che, I listened to the hearing this morning and it seems like one of the guy was tarnishing the mosque in MNPLS. Don't worry though these senate committees do have the habit of giving their time to any monkey who can raise the Homeland security from guarded alert to Orange level.I thought the whole Somali recruting thing was Isolated incident...

^I was surrpised at the extent of time and effort the security apparutus spend on the issue, and it is not FBI and local police departments. They are looking at Somali centers. What is more disheartening the characterization of the Somali conflict, and how they wanna potray as part of 'global jihad' without any reference to the miseries that befallen on our people, and the crimes committed against the Ethios, and Bush regime.

The investigation continues into why a dozen or so young Somali men disappeared from the Twin Cities and are believed to be fighting in Somalia.

MPR's Michael Caputo spent some time with three teenagers -- the kind of kids who attend class regularly, play sports and hold part-time jobs. He asked the teens what they know -- or what they've heard -- about the disappearances of those young men.

web page

One of the guys who testified has nephew amongst the missing youth. He is bitter and wants some answers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him blame individuals or the Mosque. Not only will the authority watch few mosques or individuals, but also financial transactions Somalis regularly make back to home.

Che, I think most of the panelist agreed that Somali conflict or Al-shabaab have no connections with "global jihad" They were trying to distance Somalia in the broader "world terror" in my understanding. There were several times that the panelist restated how these Somali American kids aren't much helpful for Alshabaab and that Al-shabaab agenda is local rather than global. They also distanced the relationship between Al-shabaab and Al-qaaida, no?

Originally posted by IsseRiyole:

Is she really a Somali? i doubt it.Ka soco

Yes she is Somali and her name is Sokorow Cabdullahi, why would you doubt it?

Indhoos   

Subxaanallah,

Hadii in masaajidii caruurta lagala baqo la is farayo, maxaa ku soo xiga toloow?

Hadii layiri, hadaa inankaaga masaajidka u dirto ciidamaa kaa ka xaysanaya soow talo faro kama haadin.

Ilaahoow noo gar-gaar oo jidka xaqaa nagu toosi adigaa garanayee.

Aamiin.

I was surrpised at the extent of time and effort the security apparutus spend on the issue

Che, my friend you seem very anxious and for your sake I hope you are not hiding anything. :D

As for the topic, follow the evidence until it leads you to the director of the masjid.(I'm certain that he is involved but not sure to what extend)

As for the families, WE SHOULD ALL DEMAND ANSWERS ON BEHALF OF THE FAMILIES. I'M SURE IF say CHE'S BLOOD WAS ONE OF THE YOUNG MEN(god forbid), he WOULD want the community to cooperate with the authority and not resist the investigation. In addition, I'm not sure why some of you are still shocked or even surprised, knowing that one of you made history when he became the first american sucide bomber. (thats a very big deal for america)

Fact about the case:

-First KNOWN american suicide bomber of a somali origin.

-A suspicious masjid

-A group of young men who have yet to be accounted for.

-A community divided among clan lines.

-Grieving families.

I want someone to be accountable and preferably the director.(after all it happened under his watch)

Fabregas   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

quote:I was surrpised at the extent of time and effort the security apparutus spend on the issue

Che, my friend you seem very anxious and for your sake I hope you are not hiding anything.
:D

As for the topic, follow the evidence until it leads you to the director of the masjid.(I'm certain that he is involved but not sure to what extend)

I want someone to be accountable and preferably the director.(after all it happened under his watch)
how are you doing my dear detective constable, lazie G? how are ze investigations into ze zoomali comunnity going? I must say your last case waz not a resounding success. I am talking about Ze GERMAny case, ehem ehem. :D Are you sure you are not barking up ze wrong tree here, again? in ze western law you are innocent till proven guilty, not innocent till proven to have ze long beards. Auf widersen, ukhti. ;)

( ps. why don't the families just send some somali elders to Abu Mansur and say to him, " war inaka iyo ka iyo ka mesha jogo no sheg"?