Sign in to follow this  
Decadent Ambition

How Much?

For frequent flyers here and those who travelled through Dubai how strict are they with someone hoarding say 500k in a duffle bag as carry on. I was told screening in terminal 3 now is more severe after the 25 december incident? Anyone notice this and how much would you say is enough to bring along. I am assuming Dubai is a bit lax given the presence of asian, somalis, hawalas and all other kinda of loundered money moving through there. How much would you´ll say is maximum and assuming I am caught(100% chance after duffle bag goes through screener). Maybe the grey area fellas here will recommend a way to cover this up too with a good concocted trade deal involving cash. Lets hear it akhyaarey

N.O.R.F   

^Sounds dodgy. What is in the bag and how can you carry 500kg? Are you He-man? Do you mean 50kg?

Carryon baggage cannot be over 7kg (I think) and must be within the size limits.

Expect to pay AED 100 for every KG after that. They are quite strict about this. Times have changed.

N.O.R.F   

LooooooL

I see. My bad. Erm, when are you travelling and what colour is the bag? :D

I'm sure there is a process. See the website.

NinBrown   

warya c'mon son....you remind me of them old ladies, who dont trust any1 with there money. Why dont u just put it through xawaalad and it will be waitin for ya in dubai.

samonia   

hmmm

i happen to live in dubai, and right next to terminal 3, how about i pick you up from airport,

and mabe go for coffee, :D i will carry that bag if you want :D:D

Aaliyyah   

lol@ samonia..I will carry that bag ehh...count me in too wouldn't mind helping out icon_razz.gif (shantadu laba sido haday leedahya way culustahay mid baan qabanaya lol)...n while he's looking away we can split the money and go "war heedhe maxaad no dhiibatay" :D

Juxa   

anything above 10k, you must declare it, i am not sure whether it is 10k in dollars or pound but if you hide it and caught you risk the whole lot being confiscated.

xawaalada dhigo oo iska sii hormari, they charge around 2%, if you know them as little as 1%

goodluck