Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Eating with your HANDS

Modesty   

I know it's the sunnah to eat with "3" fingers as the prophet Muhammad(saw) did. BUT, I see alot of Somalians savagely take their whole hands and dig into a bowl of pasta or bariis and go for it while mushing the banana with their hand. I think it's disgusting. There is nothing wrong with USING a fork and a SPOOn. I think it's so uncivilized and unattractive. I work with alot of flight 13s and it's annoying. Also, I noticed they don't close their mouths when they eat...ESPECIALLY the guys..Seriously, I'm giving up on Somali men.

Mawa   

We've got more pressing issues to deal with as a community and all you come up with is this i'm a bit dissapointed in you. by the way its ok for you to go for non somalis you dont have to have an excuse just go easy on somali men.

Do you think we're cursed as people I'm begining to think that. No place to call home, no people to be proud of i'm talking about the majority here Ya Allah forgive us for whatever wrong we have done and make us the strong nation we once were.

Modesty sis no offence but u seem to be on the look out for very betty issues done by somalis. Let me tell you, ur far from perfect.so instead of picking on things like eating with ur hands, just look deep inside u, may be it all is in ur perception.

As for the eating with hands, you said it, it is Sunnah , why do think it is encouraged by islam?

While ur intentions may be good, it is not wise however to belittle ur own people. i know u grew up in some western country, but u remain somali and u will always be so better get used to alot things otherwise unwestern. I wish u could see how hungry indians eat spicy biryani even chinse r so proud of consuming worms and flies!

Modesty   

IT"S NOT SUNNAH TO EAT WITH HAND, it's sunnah to eat with 3 fingers, Somalis simply don't understand.

mawa wrote:

Do you think we're cursed as people I'm begining to think that. No place to call home, no people to be proud of i'm talking about the majority here Ya Allah forgive us for whatever wrong we have done and make us the strong nation we once were.

I don't think Allah hates us, we are just doomed people. Our forefathers were tribalists, and cared about tribes instead of unity of Somalis. Maybe we are a cursed nation, who knows.

Modesty   

Jacaybaro, I don't have "wiswis"...I'm simply civilized and like to eat like a "normal" person that's not from the jungle. :rolleyes:

Urban   

*mmmm mushy bananas with bariis*

How the hell can you eat with just 3 fingers? especially with bariis..

First scoop a handful of bariis with your hand, then gently massage it into a neat ball, and chuck it into your mouth. Finally, sprinkle the bits of rice stuck on your hand back into the plate. Start again once swallowed. :D

*edit* lol@jungle. Honey, that's how your own parents/grandparents ate back in the day lol, civilised kulaha. :D

Aaliyyah   

Modesty calamada qiyaamaha ka mid ah maalinta reer badiya magaalo isku faanayaan.

dadka dhaaf gacantooda wax hakaaga cunaane

by the way, all guys eat in uncivilized manner not just Somali guys. Let's just say they have a huge appetite, they are growing men dear. ;)

Pucca   

There are certain foods that require spoons, knives or forks and then there are those that are better eaten with ones hands. If you think eating with hands is uncivilized then do go on and eat suqaar and canjeero with a fork and knife and be 'civilized'.

The Zack   

Lol@I am civilized. Walalo Don't pick on Somali men that much.. Each culture has its own weaknesses. Be proud of who you are! No matter where you were born or raised, To the country that you were born or raised you are still seen as an outsider or an immigrant si kastoo isugu dha-dhajiso, trust me on that.