Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

riddles

Urban   

again, calm down dear, it just a riddle!! and he answered it :D (The answer is a Jack)

But i don't understand JB's riddle

chubacka   

haha I give up! he answered it!

I was trying to make myself feel betta for telling you off for no reason last night!! haha

sorry Sheek ;)

can you translate your riddle?! (plz)

Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

I don't know it in English but waa jeega gaadhiga lagu dallaco ,,,,,,

now answer mine
:D

Ingiriis kuma aqaani ayaa leedahay, haddana "jeega" ku heysaa. Ingiriis bahalkaas "jack" lagu dhahaa, oo "jeega" mid la Soomaaliyeeye ah.

Afsoomaaligana giriig loogu yaqaanaa.

Fabregas   

$ THE MISSING DOLLAR RIDDLE $

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

ANTARA   

^ Abu nice question, there is a missing $ only if you do it the way you showed us but it adds up as following:

cost of all 3 persons = $ 3(25/3) (don't round up just use fractions)

tip (assuming it is tip)to the motel owener = $ 2

money refunded = $ 3

above adds up to 30

if we do it ur way it is no doubt very confusing, makes you think basic maths is not working.

remeber each paid 27/3 and not $ 9 (i.e 27 is the 25 cost of the motel and 2 tip for the guy)

Fabregas   

^ thanks, though it wasn't my question, here is the answer:

SOLUTION

The facts in this riddle are clear: There is an initial $30 charge. It should have been $25, so $5 must be returned and accounted for. $3 is given to the 3 friends, $2 is kept by the bellhop - there you have the $5. The trick to this riddle is that the addition and subtraction are done at the wrong times to misdirect your thinking - and quite successfully for most. Each of the 3 friends did indeed pay $9, not $10, and as far as the friends are concerned, they paid $27 for the night. But we know that the clerk will tell us that they were charged only $25 and when you add the $3 returned with the $2 kept by the bellhop, you come up with $30.

From Ward, another way to look at this one: My answer:

The following night two friends check into the same motel. Once again the clerk charges them $30, or $15 per person. After the clerk remembers the total rate is only $25 he sends the bellhop upstairs with five $1 bills to pay the two friends back. The bellhop knows he got away with larceny once so he tries it again. But this time he pockets $3 and returns $2 to the hotel guests ($1 per guest). So each of the two guests got $1 back from their original $15. Therefore each paid $14 which is a total payment of $28 for the room. Now the bellhop has $3, the guests paid $28, for a total of $31....THERE'S THE MISSING DOLLAR!!!!

:D

ANTARA   

^ wasn't ur question to account for the $30 ?

That was an A* answer I gave you yaa abu zaylici..btw you forgot to add the link :D