Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Shocking Somalia Wedding

Nazra   

Okay, so i decided to attend this latest wedding in my town.

I got all dresses up for it, i looked absoultely smashing.

I admired my reflection, i was indeed stunning.

We arrived at 9.00pm, the wedding didn't start untill 11pm.

So the bride arrives late (as usual), i was truelly beguiled by the atmosphere, it was amazing.

To my horror the bridemaids are wearing white dresses, what on earth was that all about???

Bridesmaids were suppose to wear colours other than white. Eg: Purple

I later realise they were trying to imatate a "GAALOS" wedding.

The flower girl did terrible job, after all she was only four years old.

I nearly died of heart attack when the groom pulled out the rings, he tried to place it on the right, yaa allah, i was speachless, all i could hear was his 15 years old newph whispering "abti it goes on the left hand". It didn't stop right there, the countless mistakes continued through the whole night, while I sat at the back observing the scenery and the endless "UUUUULLLAAAUUUULAAAA" sound which reminded me of ZENA, in action.

At some point i felt i had to take more drastic measures. But what could i do, i was only a guest and my clapping was needed to contribute to the african beat. And to display my beauty to make the wedding, PROPER.

We finally made to the cutting cake scene, the bride and groom were to cut the cake together not yet having the slightest idea that it is to prevent a childless marriage.

You guessed it right, the groom did the cutting alone while his wife did all the no smiles for the camera.

That didn't at all, restore my sanity.

I found myself in this predicament situation, with no way out. What made me laugh hystrically was the fact as the bride was departuring she throwed her bouquet, and some married woman caught it.

What a night it was. :confused:

What i don't understand is imatating this gaalo's wedding, does this consider them as civiled people???

I mean if you gonna imatate it, as might as well do it WELL, and right and not to mention to follow the correct procedures.

Why can't they stick to there 'dhiil, guntino and dirac' as well as have the camera rolling. :rolleyes:

Salaama

LOL........gosh that was :( MAMAMIA.....and it shouldn't be a first.....we've been imitating gaalo man for ages redface.gif .....but what sets us apart I guess is the the PACKED DANCE floor...lol..talk about everyone and their third cousin up in there :D ......anywho Nasra.....when u gonna send me the tape to this horrid wedding ;) .....

BTW: i'm shamefully admitting I once wore a white YES a white dress to someones wedding redface.gif ....it was only due to a lil problem my burgundy dress had with the vietnemese seamstress.......Talk about the whole night the Bride giving me deadly LOOKS :rolleyes:

GODBLESS

I found myself in this predicament situation, with no way out. What made me laugh hystrically was the fact as the bride was departuring she throwed her bouquet, and some married woman caught it.

What a night it was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol I suppose that one particular incident sum's the whole night up huh. A compilation of Ironies upon Ironies.

But Trulley Sad to here, but this is steadily become the new trend.

Ibtisaam   

LOL nasra what a wedding u attended there girl DamN...

To my horror the bridesmaids are wearing white dresses, what on earth was that all about??? Bridesmaids were suppose to wear colors other than white. Eg: Purple

What the heck!!! White???. Get out! :rolleyes: What were they thinking?

I thought some of the wedding’s i attended were disaster, but nothing compared to this.

Why can't they stick to there 'dhiil, guntino and dirac' as well as have the camera rolling.

For some strange reason our westernized somali's think that, that is the old fashion style. They think that the ring, cake, bridesmaids etc... are somewhat hormarid, reer magaal style apparently.

Anyways if you ask me am down with my dirac, traditional clothing some real Somali music etc... On my wedding day, not some gaalo style boring as hell :rolleyes: ...gees kuu u socdo iyo geeskiisa kale la kala ogeen.

hahahahahahahaha that was my laugh fro the day nasra! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Yo, somaliz alwayz trying to imitate the gallo ppl. and then messing up. Truthfully a traditional somali wedding with a guuntino and macawis is the nicest....cuz imitating always sets you up for failure especially when you fresh off the boat.

Nazra   

Believe me lady_hustla i would have rolled my eyez at you and gossip about you. I don't blame the braid's deadly looks. Believe me you've would have got some from me. Never the less you had an excuse that the braide didn't know even if she did still u will get :rolleyes:

lol@third cousinz

I'm sticking with you samira...same wedding style.

have you thought about none of them really go overseas for honeymoon...it's kindda a tradation they ignore.

Haneefah   

lol@nasra...what a night huh?

see that's why i don't attend mixed weddings, cuz i'll spend the night paying attention to little details and feeling sorry for the poor newly weds...what can i say, i'm a little perfectionist when it comes to weddings.

U guyz wanna hear even funnier trends...somalis are going Hindi stylin nowadays eh, :eek: like that beats me...with the elangas (mind u, not the typical bride elangas) and not to mention the saris (which are not even meant for brides period), i understand if u have hindi blood in ya, but if not it's better to stick with the international white dress and even better...our traditional bride & groom clothes like many of u said. smile.gif

Poor Nasra, you must have been so traumatized....Been there sis.

How about this for a shocker, I went to this wedding last spring; where the bride and groom taped a video, this video showed their 1st date to how he proposed (on a bended knee).

The Shocking part was that they showed it at the wedding reception :eek: . I didnt know whether to cry or laugh....in the end I laughed redface.gif

I still dont understand why they had to ruin possibly a good wedding, I mean the food was good, music was good, the hotel was very elegant, even the people were semi elegant with the exception of me and KOOL_Kat of course ;) we looked HOT.

And here is the million dollar question; why do somali brides choose bridesmaid that looks better than the bride herself? and please dont give me that we're best friends cr@p, I know and you know that aint the case :rolleyes:

------

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Nasra

Sister every thing you said I have either seen or heard. But what I am the most shocked about is How widely we are proud to imitate (thinking we are rolling with the west not to mention civilized) and leaving our culture (thinking that it is dirt/backward/tastless not to mention uncivilezed)...

Well may be that is whey am still single cuz ama keep waiting till I find that one who is proud to wear our own...

Mad Luve

me too samira....im sticking to my guntino and dhiil....and my man is going to be wearing a real traditional cloth redface.gif

walaahi, I went to a this wedding last week and walaahi they even had this champagne look a like drink,you know with the bubble and all that... :confused:

confuse aa qaaday maa tiraahdaa waa naxay

this is the rudest thing ever. you go to someones wedding, free food, entertainment e.t.c, and all you do is find the faults in it. aght, people like that make me angry. $tupid girls.

Tuujiye   

Nazra abaayo nice story..

What happened to the old fasion arooooooooooooos?? Bariis iyo hilib in the afternoon and buskut iyo xalwo iyo casho for the ladies at night time..No mix..

I don't believe in this fake mix wedding..They spend like 20,000 for one night..loooool..I don't wanna sound cheep but thats CRAZY..Xayawaanimo waaye.. Way don't they use that money for honymoon..go to Barazil, Cuba or Boosaaso..may be not Boosaaso...

reer baadiye loodhiibay a ring..lol..

Aniga silsilad baan u dhiibi lahaa. at least that goes on one place..lol..

ps. the lady that got the flowers, some one should check up on her cause she is cheating..saqajaanada..

wareer badanaa!!

Bess.   

Originally posted by The Rock's Chick:

How about this for a shocker, I went to this wedding last spring; where the bride and groom taped a video, this video showed their 1st date to how he proposed (on a bended knee).

The Shocking part was that they showed it at the wedding reception :eek: . I didnt know whether to cry or laugh....in the end I laughed
redface.gif

------

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

...that happened in my city too...... ;)