Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Akon Lands in Kenya

American singer Akon finally landed in Kenya in style – with a 24-man crew in tow.

Most of the people in the artiste’s entourage are security men and journalists were not allowed into the VIP lounge at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport when he arrived at 9 p.m. on Friday aboard a British Airways flight. He briefly addressed them at the Arrivals area.

The Senegalese-born American musician, whose real name is Aliaune Thiam, thanked Kenya, MTV and Zain, for giving him this opportunity to perform at the MTV Africa Music Awards.

“We have been trying to come to Kenya for a long time, different logistics issues have contributed to the failed visits, but I’m glad I’m here and I am ready to rock Kenya,” he said.

After the short media briefing, he left with his crew in grey Crysler limousines for Tribe Hotel, Gigiri, where he was booked.

MAMA pre-party

The multi-platinum musician did not attend the MAMA pre-party at Blue Times Club, Museum Hill.

On Saturday, Akon made a 10 a.m. visit to Starehe Boys’ Centre, courtesy of Zain, where he encouraged the students to work hard in their studies.

“I’ve made mistakes, I’ve been in and out of jail, but I can tell you one thing, education amongst the youth will empower Africa, and it’s the best tool to fight poverty,” he said. He urged the students to dream of big things in life and get them.

“I was your age one day and it wasn’t easy. Work hard now, go out there, make good money and live a good life,” he advised the students.

Afterwards, he proceeded to Kasarani Gymnasium, where he was supposed to rehearse before the main performance on Saturday night.

Akon had been trying to come to Kenya for the past three years and different reasons were given to the failure to honour his promises.

SeeKer   
:D:D Oh God I forgot how ugly starehe boys uniform was. So ugly! You would think after all this time they would realize blue pants with red shirt is just a NO NO

STOIC   

^That Uniform sucks right!If I had a son I'd have pressured the poor soul to get an admission slot at Starehe boys.The best school in Kenya hands down!!

One time I was at the airport and Akon came through the exit door from the plane.I was sitting among white folks and one black lady was sitting two rows behind me.When she saw Akon she screamed. White people freaked out thinking Denzel was on the plane...Hehe poor soul Akon with an entourage darker than Sudaneese was all they saw and thinking who in the freaking jesus is this guy? Priceless looks in their face lol

Originally posted by Allamagan:

Like Snoop Dogg, he is just telling the kids to be motha-fvkng hustlers when they grow up! good role model!

more like,Convict.

L0L@Starehe boys. What a fantastic combination of colors