Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Vent Room... Let it out what pisses u off about Somali people!

Hibo   

Charity begins at home..... Beware trashing ya own is like akick ya backside too.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Lady: Its indeed true that we do belong to Somali culture no less than those that we have finger pointed. However sis, I do disagree one thing u said,"Bringing out the Bad/Negative things about your Culture Won't Solve the Problem rather it's only adding to it.." The more we clearly state the problem, the better chance we have in obtaining a solution...that is the first step in resolving any problem.

We love somalis, we love being a somali, yet trying to eliminate those factors that emit negative impact is not only right but its honorable. Maybe the way we criticized made it sound like we hate being somali more than we r proud. No. WE ARE PROUD of being SOMALI.

BY the way there is nothing wrong with the way we dress. I usually were pants, not too tight not too loose, its Minnesota, come on dirac is not an option. The second thing, I always look for long skirts, the only ones that I find r those sold at the somali malls. Not only every skirt in every dukaan looks the same, but every somali woman that enters the place n r met in the streets r in it. U being a sister u know how we feel, about that. No girlie thank u, I rather have my own sense of styling...but than the good news is, I am going to Abu dhabi this summer so hopefully I will get me some long skirts, of my own style... cwm20.gif ..

To make a long story short, we r not haters we r just pointers..... cwm32.gif

Buubto: Now about the girl friends I do disagree/agree in some ways. Well I do disagree coz, there r two girls I am best friends with, n believe me they r much more worth than the time I spend with them.. let alone regret.

I do agree with ya, coz there r girls out there, the minute u turn ur back, they r backbiting u. Its just simple....be careful of who u befriend. N before u pour ur heart out to her, investigate, n observe.

I love my sisters, though most of my friends r guys...n this is mainly b/c of my love for soccer . Now my aim is girl friends... n I am certain there r plenty of them out there.

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Okay, okay I gotta mention this honestly Somalis were considered clean ppl until recently cuz lately even I noticed myself that most of the Somalis I encounter smell like frigin "raw sewage" bulaacad in another words. WHY? WHY? All it takes is applying some water and soap to your body. I smell constant DHUUSO when i'm around them or they smell like BUKHUUR which gives me Migraine.

Hibo   

There are many things that i'd like to see change but it doesn't matter to me that much. I've worked with Somalis as partners and even worked for them doing business. I know who is who and all the things most of those who think they are civilised hate about Somalis, but it is part of me.

You just feel starred at coz you know you are not doing the right thing at the right place. The starring of the people is a reaction to the non-cultural things you do, simple.

I dont stare and I am a Somali

Hibo   

LadyFatima **yaaaay** All the gents should take their hats off, and the ladies their Gorgorads just for you~~~ B-R-A-V-O

Lordy, lordy, lord, thought this whole thread was suppose to be where we offer advices, not a throw-up corner. To make the stereotype that all Somalis are loud mouthed arrogants is a bit too harsh I'd think. Its time to put the differences aside, support each other, show love to our fellow man.

How do you think a Non Somali passing thru would react if they see all the dissing/ hate among us?

When you break it all down we're all the same(Somalis.) You won't get any special treatment simply cuz you act, talk, and behave different then the so called "other somalis" -- Don’t be so shallow.

God Bless

------------------

Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised".

Hibo   

I Hope any1 of you who read my poem "SILENCE"

understood what I meant . I firmly believe the more you give attention to what some1 says about you, the more you let him disturb you!. So my theory is: ignore any negative remark said about you and carry on your bussines.

As far as our culture is concerned I don't see it wrong to discuss and point out the weakpoints of our culture, what we r talking about isn't a religion but a culture and it can have certain drawbacks.

Mind you!! there's no culture which is 100% correct and nothing is wrong about borrowing few good habits from another culture.

Silent_Guy

cwm16.gif

[This message has been edited by Silent_Guy (edited 04-03-2002).]

ARAWEELO   

THESE ARE SOME GOOD AND VALID POINTS FOLKS!

SOMALI PPL STARE AT EACH OTHER. I DON'T KNOW THE REASON BEHIND IT. I THINK WHAT GETS PEOPLE'S ATTENTION IS NOT WHO YOU ARE WITH OR HOW YOU ARE DRESSED BUT MORE LIKE HOW YOU BEHAVE IN PUBLIC. IF YOU ARE SOMEWHERE WITH SOMEONE AND SOMEONE STARES AT YOU STARE THEM BACK, THAT KINDA WORKED FOR ME. YOU HAVE TO DEVELOP A REASONABLE WAY TO LIVE IN THE COMMUNITY WITHOUT BEING VICTIMIZED.

THE BEST THING IS TO HAVE A TOUGH SKIN AND NOT TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY DO OR SAY.

DIFFERENT PEOPLE ALWAYS JUDGE FOR DIFFERENT REASONS NO MATTER WHAT.

cwm24.gifcwm44.gifcwm4.gifText

TAKE CARE WHERE EVER YOU GO AND SMILE AT PEOPLE THAT WILL MAKE THEM FEEL BAD AND WILL NOT STARE. cwm29.gif

Okay Jamal and Soul-sista,

I actually had to go back and check the topic after i read your reply. Correct me if i'm wrong but it says "vent room, let it out, what pisses you off about Somalis"

STOP trying to be goody goody and spill your guts aight.

Jamal you said ..people stare cuz you're doing something culturally unappropriet.What is culturally un-appropriet about bringing someone of a different culture to eat at a Somali restaurant.What could i possibly do that is so wierd with my boss...nah they were staring simply cuz he is white and judjed me without knowing our relationship.

If a group of females walk into a Somali restaurant, ppl stare why??? is that "culturally unappropriet" too.

Hola back bro.

Soul-sista, you have a point, but loosen up sis.

raula   

Lady Fatima...U did a good job of analyzation...galfriend...BRAVO...

However, gals, 1 thing U got to understand is that every culture has up's & downs, they have the nastiest & the betta one, the got the ugly and the cutests, the un-civilized( in other words...washamba in swahili) & the modernized, the backbitters & the calm-non of my business ones..........

in short pointing out of the negative issues that exist in ur community will not only create a different view about ur culture from a "foreigners" perspective ...but will also accelerate hate within ur inner self...i.e...this will just make u hate ur pple even more...thus increasing the tensions of Qaabil & confuse ur bout ur identity of being a somali......

Frankly speaking, I have witnessed all those negative factors in our pple...but if I use it against 'em .....wat is that gonna gain me with....notha!! ....except fight w/ my instincts to the fact that Iam facing an identity crisis....i.e...do I really wanna be a somali coz of all the negative factors sorrounding my community??...or maybe I need to act a certain way ...in order to potray my image of being a "different" Somali........but the fact in the end come 2 dat U r a somali....so betta accept wat U r...or otherwise change ur identity @ all...

basically, all iam saying is that IGNORE everything that u see,.....avoid the VICE....& keep the VALUES, & THE VIRTUES......b/c there is no betta virtue than having a culture that GUIDES u to the shining light @ the end of the tunnel........

Oh! &..to be honest...having a galfriend to share secrets w/...is much more relief than w/ guyz....even though I've got mostly male friends....

No offense to anyone...just a piece of my ulitimate honesty...( thx to Hibo)...

Midwesta

raula   

4 got to mention wat pisses me off...bout our commu......

Parents...marrying off their gals to older men...4 doh( Nyiado-Money)..when they r bout to go overseas.....this is sick...& later the gal..faces the drama of raising the kids w/out their dad...& culture shock....

Midwesta

Hibo   

Raula: Even u!!.. what was with ur complaints than...mise online u r raula...n in mpls...u r F...lol... anyways u know what we r saying is right....

Folks this is a vent room...not...wacdi...so safe us the energy...when ajinabi is in the picture we got another face...when its among us...its totally different story...so beat it!!!

No one in here is not claiming to being somali...we all r somali...but than we gotta address soem of the issues we have...that is it!! cwm23.gif

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

Isii-sisinta: Don't mean to dress you down, but I find your approach on the subject rather unethical -- calling your own kind 'Dhuuso+Bulacad' is not justifiable.

A little 'political correctness' on your part would perhaps get me loosen up.

Is it so hard to get through life without taking a strong attempt to change a culture, or how one behaves? 'Old habbits are hard to change' as they say -- Get on over with It.

God Bless.

------------------

Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised".

Hibo   

the only reason that we stare each other is jaceyl an isku qabno. it doesn't matter where i'm at when i see nomadz, i love to holla wuth them.

Soul_lady-

Don't make me turn this into "cross fire" Don't trip cuz you lack the ability to pay attention to detail. Go back and read what i wrote aight. By the way you still need to loosen up cuz i wasn't even attacking you.

Ashkira   

Ma Anigaa Waalan Mise Cadan baa Laga Heesaya

Where have you all Somali Haterz been hidding loool. Walaahi this is a dumbster talk subhana Laaah. Stop disrespecting.

I am one proud Somali Female, If i had the chance to choose my nationality all over, i would defenetly want to be a SOMALI again.

You guys lose a lot of time hating people,be aware of the ground for your own behavior than to understand the motives of another.

Sh!t man, that was a cheap shot buddy the one who said Somalidu stink oo waa Sewege and the girl who wants no somali girlfriends you two need Raxmad ALLA. cwm1.gif Gaalo people do not even wash after their %$#@@ think twice. lol i am swinging my UUNSI to your way, hope you smelling me.

[This message has been edited by Ashkira (edited 04-03-2002).]