Sign in to follow this  
Haashim

I've come up with this idea to help the MARXUUM

Haashim   

As you all know we lost a dear brother and friend (Maxamed Ismaciil) I saw these 2 articles on BBC, as you'll see both institutions need help from us, so my idea is to give charity to these institutions and ask ALLAH to give this reward to our brother MAXAMED ISMACIIL and to enlarge and enlighten for his grave, if we could make SADAQA JAARIYAH (ONGOING CHARITY) it will be much better and depend upon how we're organised and i recommend it even if it's one dollar per month it could be between US$ 2.000 - 3.000, I think this is better than to give one time a huge amount, because one will finish and other will last untill .........

So, please give your feedback and even if you have other part of somalia which we can help and remember the MARXUUM don't mind where is it but he desperately, as other muslim deaths, needs rewards from real SADAQA (charity).

Thanks.

War on terror hits Somali orphans

By Hassan Barise

BBC, Mogadishu

Thousands of Somali orphans cared for by a Saudi aid agency could have their lives affected by the United States' war on terror.

Somalia's biggest company was closed down for alleged terror links

The Saudi Arabia Government has ordered its international staff working for al-Haramain aid agencies to leave Somalia after a recent allegation from the United States Government that it has links with terrorist organisations.

The offices of al-Haramain have already been closed in Bosnia, Croatia, Indonesia and Malaysia.

In the last few days the Ethiopian, Kenyan and Tanzanian offices have also been told to close, according to al-Haramain officials.

Food worries

> He said: "Our camps hardly have enough food stocks for the next 10 days... and we don't know what will happen after that".

Despite his worried expression, Mr Qumaysi said that the orphanage has been contacted by Somalis living abroad who are related to the orphans and told them to keep the children for a while, while they look for money.

Some Somali businessmen have also asked teachers at the orphanages not to send the children onto the streets, but to wait as they try and raise the funds.

Mr Qumaysi said: "It is strange that the US says the Muslim aid agencies are terrorists, but they don't bring their own agencies to replace them. Isn't this just another way of killing the orphans whose parents have died during civil strive in Somalia?"

Transit point

Al-Haramain has five orphanages in Mogadishu as well as others in Merca, Burao and the self-declared Republic of Somaliland. They employ over 700 people.

This is not the first time that al-Haramain has been accused of having links with terrorist organisations.

About a year ago it was put on a US list of terror groups, and then later removed.

Mr Qumaysi said the al-Haramain office in New York remains operational, but nobody knows why their offices are being closed down.

Last month, a United Nations report found no evidence that international terror groups were based in Somalia.

However, the 62-page report does say that those responsible for recent terror attacks in East Africa passed through Somalia.

Puntland university seeks peace dividend

By Robert Walker

BBC, Bossaso, Puntland

A new university in Somalia's semi-autonomous region of Puntland is giving students the chance to study for degrees for the first time.

The East African University has high ambitions

And the university hopes the recent ceasefire in Puntland between government and rebels will allow it to expand further.

The ambitiously named East Africa University opened its doors to students two years ago, but construction of the new campus - on the seafront close to the port of Bossaso - is still continuing.

Abdi Weli Abdirahman is Dean of the Faculty of Business Administration. Like many of the teaching staff, he has returned from abroad.

"I am an economist from the United States. I came back to teach my people in Puntland. I am a Puntlander", he says.

Too dangerous

But the past two years of fighting in Puntland has made it difficult for the new university to establish itself.

Students know they can go to university and get a job and they can compete with the rest of the world

Abdirizak Mohamed, Unicef

Business student Abdirizak Abdullahi says many in his class stayed at home during the conflict.

"Classes stopped. We could not come to university which is 5km from town because of the fighting. Everyone went home to save themselves," he recalls.

The fledgling university is desperately short of funds.

Dean Abdi Weli Abdirahman hopes the recent ceasefire in Puntland will bring a much needed peace dividend.

"The new university is very costly to run. We do not get the funding we expect from the state, because most state revenue goes to security.

"Soon, the peace is coming, we expect more money," he says.

Future hopes

There are few further education opportunities for school leavers in Puntland.

The university offers everything from Sharia law in business studies

Abdirizak Mohamed of the Bossaso office of the United Nations children's agency (Unicef) thinks it is important for the whole education sector that the new university succeeds.

"If we have a university, we expect the enrolment in primary schools to increase.

"Students know they can go to university and get a job and they can compete with the rest of the world. It's good for the future," he says.

Back at the university staff and students say there is one key thing the university needs if it is to grow - and that is for Puntland's new peace to continue.

NinBrown   

salaam

Muraad its very good and lets act on it and see how far we can go...Mohamed was very much intersted in these projects and was very much involved fundraising for university of East Afrika.