Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

HELP needed in dealing with an annoying friend.

I have this friend of mine, who i get along with except for his annoying characteristics.

1)Very childish

2)Very loud, he always has to be heard

3)Always has to be right (even if this means he’s in the wrong)

4)Always has to get his way (at all cost even if it’s to detriment of others)

The straw the broke the camel’s back for me is his insensitive jokes about poor and starving people. I told him especially because of my background (Somali) I’m particularly sensitive to him ridiculing less fortunate people who are starving. He says he understood, but continued to use profanities aimed at starving people aimed at my other Somali friends. His excuse is hebel doesn’t mind and isn’t as sensitive as me. I become quiet because I’m engulfed with rage simmering deep inside me. I don’t care who you are you just don’t take the piss of less fortunate people even if it’s in a joking way.

I’ve known him since university and we have shared many good times, but I’m maturing whereas he seems

to have stayed the same.

One possible explanation for his behaviour is he the last born like me in his family, but he lives with his mother and sisters. So I assume he’s adopted some female characteristics. (Sorry ladies) :D

So I’ve tried talking to him to no avail. So I have decided to cut down on the amount of time I spend with him, hoping to send a clear signal that his behaviour is wrong. It’ll be sad to let him go.

Any advice from mature SOL’ers who’ve strolled down this path before sincerely welcomed.

nuune   

It’ll be sad to let him go.

Don't let him go if you will become sad, change him, if you can't, replace him!!

BOB   

Adeer waa qoloma your 'friend'? ma muslim baa mise waa gaal? ma bilcaan baa mise waa rag rag dhalay? ma shaqeeyaa/saa mise waa on benefit? ma educated baa mise waa jaahil/ad? Adeer all in all you need to be more specific with SOLers.

PS. Adigu ma bilcaan baad tahay mise rag rag dhalay? qolomaad tahay adigu?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Nuune, its hard to change people once they become adults and their ways set in.

Bob, he is an Arab, educated and employed. I'm the same except i'm Somali. yes he's also muslim. the problem is he is childish. i just can't handle childish jokes and stuff anymore.

The problem is my other Somali friends ignore his tasteless jokes and banter, whilst it gets under my skin because i'm aware of the realities ot it.

Ahem.. yarku wuuba idiin sheegay in kale uu ku tuhmayo "female Characteristics" therefore I'd say he is rag rag dhalay.

CUT HIM OFF! Unless you too suffer from that infamous trait of females known as Emotions, which includes excessive sadness over loss of friends.

BOB   

You can't call him rag rag dhalay hadaad kaga shakisantahay inuu nimiyaasha xagooda u badanyahay.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Originally posted by Archdemos:

Bob, he is an Arab, educated and employed.

LooooooooL....are you marrying the guy.

Anyway, don't be weakling.

Nobody makes fun of my qaxooti. It's even more tasteless if he's mocking people's suffering.

BOB   

Tell him to join SOL and Fu-Fu Nuune,Tuujiye and JB will sort him out...I Promise you that.

Peace, Love & Unity.

LOL! BOB, read the whole thing. He is suspecting his friend has devoloped "Female Characteristics" because he lives with his mother and sisters. Ma fahantay? Balse asagu naftiisa wuxuu ku leeyahay waa rag rag dhalay.

BOB   

Shukulaato iyo Malab

Af soomaaliga inaa sidaa utaqaan kuumaan maleyn jirin, hadaan ogahay inaad sidaa ugu taqasustay kugumaan xanteen. Ceebey Tacaal Allow ceebta astur cibaadadana noo toosi.

Peace, Love & Unity.

what i meant C&H is that prehaps growing up in a household dominated by many females is maybe a way of explaing his ways.

To complicate things further i have just found out from a reliable source(s) that one of my other friends who claimed was half somali half yemeni is infact 100% nomad.

we live in a shitty world where people feel ashamed of where they come from.

i always suspected he something wasnt right and he looks more Somali than i do.

Anyway its too embarrassing an issue to bring with him. cant bring myself to do it. :eek: