Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Our Day Will Come by the artist called Somalia

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Ms DD
and
Paragon
sounds like two white people trying to speak "black".
icon_razz.gif

Ma'ila aragtaybo? Dirqis.com...

As for Gabadha, maba fahmin wexey shegoyso...Laakiin quruxleey waaye, been waa cilmi sheydaanee!

Haha, Adam

Sorry to disappoint you darling, but I'm not her. Just because I'm stating the obvious, I'm assumed to be her. Though, she is a member. Hehe

Miskiin she does need a fasion stylist, she should consider hiring me, I'd transform her from innocent looking girl, to one hot babe lol

I always read, I'm not the typer type. lol

But you said that she needed fashion, so I assumed you know a bit about fashion nooh.

Thanks

Blessed   

Originally posted by Uniqueness:

Blessed, how can K’NAAN compete with top poets, when all he does is copy those exact poets?

I’m frankly disappointed when it comes to his lack of originality!

Apart from a few songs where he uses traditional Somali songs in his hook- I don't know of any plagiarism?

I was talking about the narrative and depth of their work. Warsan Shire is also a very talented young sister who evokes emotions with her works. This sister just didn't do it for me, if I'm honest. smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

I love her sense of fashion, it is simple, laid back (not over the top with crazy curls and make-up on from head-to-toe), not to mention it is up-to-date trend wise... ;) It is the innocent look that's making people take a second to listen to what she's saying...She isn't offering her looks but her lyrics, she wants to be heard - skills keeda baalarabaa not inee total babe u ekaato... smile.gif

Besides, you can simply tell that she has a great sense of style by the classic parked behind her...

Apart from few Somalia songs? lmoa, 'few' would definitely be considered misused in that sentence, knowing that he uses not only Somali legendary songs, but also other EAST AFRICAN and AMERICAN oldies samples in his songs. Even most of his beats were re-sampled from oldies, like the rest of the hip hop world nowadays. I liked his old "the dusty foot philosopher" album, but this one is just too comaecialized. I like the brother, but he'll gain my full attention and admiration when he becomes original. Besides, you're judging the girl by reading the lyrics, and you haven't even heard of her song yet? lol Well, check this out. They should have made the "streets of amerika" her single instead of "day will come" which I heard so many freaking times. So listen to "Streets of America" and let me know if you change your mind. here is the link http://www.ilike.com /artist/Somalia I tried to search it on itunes but i can't find it.

PS. Who is Warsan Shire? Never heard of her.

Kool Kat, I'm sensing that you're SOMALIA. lol The way you laid out everything, makes me realize that her dressing code and her innocent look is a seller. lol I kid you, but she is tight, and i like her, and no, I'm not being a sexist just a little feminist with a little love for music coming from the sisters ... LOL

Kool_Kat   

^Do you not see the resemblance in my avatar? I am not her, but could be her mummy... icon_razz.gif I give credit where credit is due, she doesn't need any help in that department...Shaqo kale raadso... :D

Ms Unique is very interested about qoftaan Soomaaliya la baxday.

By any chance, you are still claiming not to know her and she is not you? Kamoon hee. Wax ayaa idinka dhaxeeyo adiga iyo qoftaas since every post of yours is about her, knowing her facebook page, and now her particular site on ilike.com, too.

You are doing a reserve advertising, aha? :D You go girl, do your thang.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

Wax ayaa idinka dhaxeeyo adiga iyo qoftaas

:eek: Ceebeey tacaal!!! War maxaad ku hadashay? icon_razz.gif