Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Huntley gets life for murdering girls

Blessed   

Alxamdulilah.. they locked this monster away .. at last...!

Huntley gets life for murdering girls

By Matthew Jones LONDON (Reuters) - Ian Huntley has been sentenced to life in prison for murdering 10-year-old friends Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman minutes after they vanished from their homes in the village of Soham last year. "The next time I have to see him is like how we saw our daughters, and that's in a coffin," Jessica's father Leslie said. "Our life sentence started last August." After the verdict at London's Old Bailey, it emerged police checks on school caretaker Huntley when he applied for his job had failed to reveal numerous allegations of rape and underage sex. Home Secretary David Blunkett said an inquiry would be launched. "Real concerns exist about the way in which police intelligence about Huntley's past was handled," he said in a statement. "I am determined that we should uncover the full facts through this independent inquiry." For two weeks in 2002, media gave almost unparalleled attention to the hunt for Holly and Jessica. The discovery of their badly decomposed bodies in a ditch, where they had been stripped and burnt, horrified the public and drew worldwide sympathy. "You showed no mercy and you show no regret," Judge Alan Moses told Huntley. "Their lives brought joy to a community and their deaths brought grief. There are few worse crimes." Huntley's former fiancee Maxine Carr, 26, who lied to police by claiming she was with him at the time the girls were killed, was found not guilty of helping an offender but guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice. She was jailed for three-and-a-half years. Sentencing her, Judge Moses said: "If you had had the slightest true regard for those girls, you would have told the truth." Huntley had denied murdering the girls, claiming in evidence to the court that their deaths were accidental. He said Holly died after falling into the bath in his house and that Jessica died when he put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming. "I accept I am responsible for the deaths of Holly and Jessica, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I sincerely wish there was," he had told the court. But prosecutor Richard Latham dismissed his explanation, telling jurors: "Ten-year-old girls don't just drop dead." During the trial, Latham suggested that the "whole business" was sexually motivated, with Huntley murdering the girls when "something went wrong". However there was no forensic evidence to back up the claims and acting Detective Chief Superintendent Chris Stevenson said only Huntley knew for sure what had happened. "Perhaps one day he might demonstrate some sliver of humanity and explain why he did what he did that terrible day," Stevenson said.

Macalin   

Alxamdulilah.. they locked this monster away .. at last...!

------

Subxaanalah,...sure ok let him rott in prison and his aZZ gets pumped!

Somehow i don picture BRITS to be KILLERS they look so harmless... :D:D

nafta   

^^^i follwed the trial too, he gets what he deserves really. It's funny how he claimed they died accidently redface.gif :mad: ...what a psycho maniac, i would like to analyse that twisted mind of his and that girlfriend of his is no better as well. She was proper acting unaware plzz...Right time for me to go before i get my notes out again :rolleyes:

Blessed   

^^This was the nastiest most evil murder case I've come across... and to think that he had the audacity to tell their parents 'that he hoped they found the girls' knowing what he did to them.

Lakkad

'Harmless' and 'The British' don't even go together... waa jinka laiska naaro!

I hope by Life .. they mean LIFE ... I'd prefer having him gassed or somthing -- evil, evil thing!

N.O.R.F   

What can i say,,,,,sick,,,,,,,,

What i found astonishing is the way they lie, lie and lie,,,,,on that programme last night, they lied thru their teeth like it was normal and they were soo convincing,,,,,, :eek:

..Yes they have locked him away, but for how long?... see the legal system is a complete Joke, 2 life sentences means he will only serve max of 20years. Is that the true value of life? I guess not... for me a life for a life will only do.

nafta   

^^ i agree, he should be killed for the lifes he took away, even if he gets killed it would be only be for one person, what about the other lil girl that died then, sick scumbag..that's what he is

NoVa   

^^ Maybe they don't have Capital Punishment in their system like some parts of the states do...

4life Means only serving a 20 years for the British jurisdiction?? I thought serving for life ment serving all his life in prison....this means that he got easy punishment then???He probably apply for parole after serving two-thirds of the sentence after all, those convictors always do and get a parole....

Ian Huntley is a mad man I say! Justice has been done, but Maxine Carr is jailed 4 3n half years its 2 much isnt for a lie? "prevednting justice" they say. I was reading the newspaper this morning and it said the inmates of maxine carr have attacked her same thing happend 2 Ian as well.