Sign in to follow this  
SkyWalker

after 12yrs,where we stand

Sa laam calykum:,allah u naxriisto our brother Maxamed Ismaaciil,janada allah kawaraabiyo:::

Let me try to make short and clear, I have heard and seen some of our bro/sister being hip-hop stars, doing some rap music, I was just wandering when would be the time that we get involved politics or professional sports. Even a position that requires higher level of education, I know we have couple of professors and I think no more than 4doctors do we have in MN area. So the Q is when are we ever gone have some mark in this country, the only active person we had was arrested and he is in bad situation now. I also heard once Somali guy who was running mayor in one of the cities in Canada ( I don’t know if he won), is any one have any idea where we stand in this country…remember you are not different than the all the Asians, Mexicans and all the other none natives who are trying to be in everywhere.

just wandering :rolleyes: , enjoy ur days

yeah its not somethin that should be planned, its all on the insdividual really and their skills and even aspirations. i agree that people shouldnt be limiting themselves because o their "immigrant" status, but i really dont think that is the case with somalis.

u r so right and i do see where u comin from but these days somalia ppl think they cant do anthing and they r becomin so lazy...

somealien i really do know where u comin from they think just caz they r "immigrant" they cant do anythin and that aint right we need to stand up for your selfs!

shyhem   

Originally posted by Tagane:

Sa laam calykum:

I was just wandering when would be the time that we get involved politics or professional sports. So the Q is when are we ever gone have some mark in this country. any one have any idea where we stand in this country…remember you are not different than the all the Asians, Mexicans and all the other none natives who are trying to be in everywhere.

just wandering :rolleyes: , enjoy ur days

Forget about politics,we just don't have enough campaign money and the necessary pple to achieve that.

Yes we're different than the Mexicans and the Asians,they have a functioning country,while Somalia is almost becoming history in our own eyes.

In simple langauge, we are either a cursed nation or we are plain dump and looking at the youth,our future in this country is just as messed up as the politics of Somalia.

Gediid   

Tagane

First generation immigrants usually do not benefit after just having arrived in a new nation however its the second or third generation that greatly benefit and assimilate into society.What Somalis are now going through is the initial stage or the shock stage where everything is alien to new immigrants.

somalialien u right, it may not be the case, who knows it may be lack of education.

dadt curll, as it seems we might stand up slow, maybe step by step we want halla stories to shoping malls, shoping malls to who knows "little mugadisho town" may be haa like china town or little canada haa

shyhem true no enough or nacessary ppl to acheived but having no gove back can not limit your apptions where u ever u are.

gediid true, history tell us the second or third genaration family gets involved politics in all,the young once coming from elamentry or high school,it doesnt look like they really have good role model...