Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Meet new Management of Daallo Airlines

New Management takes over Daallo Airlines.

CEO's MESSAGE

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Daallo website.

Earlier in 2008 Daallo Airlines was bought by Istithmar World Aviation Holdings, one of the investment arms of Dubai World. It is the intent of the new management to turn the Daallo, as the National Airline of Djibouti, into one that meets international standards of quality and reliability and I’m very pleased to say that process has begun. We have already doubled our operational tempo and brought our on-time reliability to new heights. Over the coming months we will be phasing in new aircraft and equipment in order to expand our network and your comfort in and out of Africa.

Djibouti represents an unspoiled destination with unrivalled opportunities as a strategic hub and a holiday destination for diving and many other activities. From the friendly people of Djibouti to the 5-star Kempinski Hotel, we believe Djibouti will become a jewel at the entrance to the red sea, and Daallo will seek to serve the needs of our passengers whether transiting to Paris, London or Dubai, into Africa and beyond.

As we move to new tomorrows and horizons, I hope that you will join us on our journey.

Sincerely

Howard Leedham MBE

Chief Executive Officer

^^ New aircraft and all that might be good but I think the Airlines' "Somaliness" of doing business is lost forever.

I mean, the airline used to fly to anywhere in the country regardless if there was skirmishes or fightings. The management had contacts with all different people who guaranteed the safety of the aircrafts. But it looks like the new management is taking an "outsiders" view of things. Consider what happened in Hargeisa recently, the small public demostrations. Daallo Airlines suspended its flights to Hargeisa.

I think that is the sort of new thing we are going to see in the near future. And if that becomes the norm, Somalis are doomed.

Specially when the management is few coward Arabs who can't scale the risks. I think this will give a good chance to the Ethiopian airlines which increased its flights recently from daily to twice per day.

These guys don't even know how to compete ... i think it will be the end of Daalo.

daallo and ethio airlines should be banned from all somali lands. this just proves that somalis are not independence no longer and their money is taken by foreigners instead of it getting invested in somali lands.

nuune   

^^^ Bad deal waaye sxb, Daallo management could have replaced their planes, is a matter of leasing lee wax weyn maba ahan if you know the business, they could offer cheaper fares which can attract more customers, not the so 300+ dollar one way which is ridiculous, Ethiopian Airline ayaa ka faaiideesatey kana raqiisan which operates less money to Hargeisa about 100 or 150 dollar.

Is all about customerka la soo jiidanaayo, and Daallo guys don't know anythign about that waxoodana waa fixed price going up lee, they never offer any discounts to frequent flyers etc, always waxooda expensive luu ahaa.

The Daallo days are over anyway, more regional airlines are on the way competing.

Malika   

So the Arabs are buying everything Somali in bulks miyaa? From airline to livestocks,fishery and wild animals..maxaa kalee haree they havent bought the rights to?

Oh,well they are our "Arab brothers" afterall.. smile.gif

nope...dont ever trust an arab! they dont give a damn about us! next thing u will see getting shipped will be xalimos...just the way arabs r doing in pakistan and india.

as the saying goes..al carab jarab waman shaafa harab.

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^ Bad deal waaye sxb, Daallo management could have replaced their planes, is a matter of leasing lee wax weyn maba ahan if you know the business, they could offer cheaper fares which can attract more customers, not the so 300+ dollar one way which is ridiculous, Ethiopian Airline ayaa ka faaiideesatey kana raqiisan which operates less money to Hargeisa about 100 or 150 dollar.

Is all about customerka la soo jiidanaayo, and Daallo guys don't know anythign about that waxoodana waa fixed price going up lee, they never offer any discounts to frequent flyers etc, always waxooda expensive luu ahaa.

The Daallo days are over anyway, more regional airlines are on the way competing.

Indeed Daallo had a bright future for growth, specialy in the Horn region where there is huge room for growth in the aviation and tourism industries.

I wouldn't have sold the airline unless the money was too big to refuse. I mean, at least USD250M or over. Anything less than that, is a sell out of a great business.

Daallo days are over and they failed big time weliba by selling out the airlines.

Ethiopian airlines are raising prices now coz no one is competing with them in the market. Daallo was the only challenging airlines.

al carab jarab waman shaafa harab.

:D:D