Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

A rapid pace !!

Johnny B   

For about two weeks ago i'd the opportunity to spend a whole day with my vissiting nephew, he is 13 , after "Skansen" (Zoo plus ), we took the Metro home as i hate to drive on weekends, on our way back we started talking about Train speeds and formula one (F1), my nephew tells me that back in Dubai they love speed and fast cars , he even named few of his freinds who can drive cars ,him beeing told repeadedly that he both resembles me in looks and charechter, he goes "abti", are you as good as mom says ? , i was like what u mean by good, i sure am good at few things and bad or very bad at many things.

releifed he goes , "Abti" I'm bad in physics, i just don't get it , volocity, speed , time etc etc.

having a reputation to live upto and trying help my nephew get a grip of it , i started explaining the concepts of volocity ,speed and time for him in a simple manner that i thought would suit his level of comprehension.

Everything seemed fine till i came to my following example.

At school i learned in physics that if i stand on a train that is running 90 KPH with a gun in my hand and shoot a shot that runs 60 KPH in the direction of the Train, for an observing person who stood still it would mean a shot of 150 KPH speed.

Without asking what increases the bullet speed in the eyes of the observer my nephew goes, i get it 90+60 = 150 right? .

My initial thought was , what do they teach the kids there , then i thought to myself atleast he's got something after you, he is good in math/addition. :D

At school i learned in physics that if i stand on a train that is running 90 KPH with a gun in my hand and shoot a shot that runs 60 KPH in the direction of the Train, for an observing person who stood still it would mean a shot of 150 KPH speed.

Abti, im deeply disturbed that u would choose a bullet vs a ball as an example for Ur nephew, poor kid :(

Without asking what increases the bullet speed in the eyes of the observer my nephew goes, i get it 90+60 = 150 right? .

Why does he need to ask what increases the bullet speed, just as long as he got the correct answer …. Oh yeah, I got it.. he spoiled ur thunderous ending .. didn’t he ??

see, this is y i dont take children(thunder spoilers) ANYWHERE

abti, next time dont wonder what they are teaching those kids over there *Dubai*? Wonder, what r they gone pay u for teaching those kids a cool physics class, which involves bullets and knifs... now thats something to wonder about :D