Sign in to follow this  
TT

Fear of childbirth?

Haneefah   

^Right, from conception to birth, it's one amazing miracle after another. Subhanallah.

I made the mistake of once walking into the labour unit while my sister-in-law was delivering and let's just say, I now look at mothers in a whole new light. Bravery would be an understatement.

Nephissa   

Waxan ka xanaaqaa naagahan kaxaysanaayo other female relatives. Where are the husbands horta? Were they not there at the conception [start]? Should they not be there at the Birth [end]? :mad: .

Cara.   

I dunno, I like the idea of preserving female mysteries. Firmly pushing the guy out the door (as if any Faarax would be around anyway), gathering the older women in the inner sanctum, doing whatever secret rituals need doing (eg, something involving foox?). Then coming out carrying the little bundle and watching the men cower against the wall.

Power.

Naden   

^ Hmmm. I sorta agree, Cara. Maximum manipulation and mind control for the next 40 years require complete secrecy. I gave you children. I lost 2 organs, tore 5 sinews, messed up 8 hormones for your babies. Now your soul is mine. ALL MINE. Men have no idea how much evil motherhood entails.

Cara.   

Wait, Naden. We can make up some of the organs and hormones right? I don't want to lose any real ones!

As far as female plumbing goes, it's a black box anyway.

"I had to have my celiac palencium removed when I had little Abdi. And to this day the levels of rofurestren released by my opthalmic nodults haven't been normal."

Nephissa   

:D @ you two. Leave your power and evillness outside the delivery room and pick it up on the way out.

Cara, Unless the older women were there at the conception too, they have no business staying there. It's such an emotional and personal experience which is thousandfold enhanced by a loving partner to share it with. ['the 'ell with their foox]

It's bout time the Islaamo stepped out, and fetched these men to the labour wards.

Cara.   

Nephthys, let's face it. The older women might not have been there at conception, but they most certainly knew more of what was going on than the loving partner. At least going by the merciless teasing, winks and guffaws the poor brides in my family were subjected to.

'Course, since then those "X for Dummies" books have enlightened the brothers somewhat.

I'm not looking forward to being an old lady anymore, all the fun has been taken out of it :(

Zafir   

LoL@Cara and Naden.

Neph, Yaa kugu yiri iraac? Hihi.

Ps: Cara, I need a copy of that book pronto! I don't know what I am doing wrong.

TT   

Nephthys...I agree with you, the husbands should be present at the birth. If they can make 'em then they should be able handle being present at the birth. Thats the least they can do right? I don't agree with all this 'keep it a mystery for the man' BS either. What mystery?

I honestly believe when they attend the birth, a husband will truly appreciate his wives sacrifice and what she had to go through to bring his child into this world.