Sign in to follow this  
Mombasa_QUEEN

Mother's Day

salam caleykum

Mother's Day is may 9 i could be wrong but most of somali people dont celebrate mother's day but to me its very important day when i get to tell my mother how much i love her and how much she means to me and on top i buy her some that she really likes. so i want you all to share these BIG day and express your fellings and words to your'e lovely mother and if your Mom is not with you she way far it wount hurt you to buy a card phone and call her so i think we all should take advantage of the day and make it reallllllll goood.

anwyayz peace out.

yeah i agree, but mother's day is not the only time i tell my mom how much i care and love her..so my point is i don't celebrate mother's day on may 9th but i celebrate every single day in my life. and the gift that i have for my other every year is MOI :D:D:D

helloooooooo we've already celebrated mothers day last month....is this some sort of joke? mothers day is 23/03/EACH YEAR :confused:

better late then never.....go get ur mom present now!

loooooooooooooooool shabela good one but to me i do celebrate and thanx my mom and lil i knw everyday u do but me iam away from my mom and the only time i get to talk to her is some kinda holiday so i think ama take advantage of that day.

Xalimo7   

Hmmmm, i can't blv it , so here i am reading this thread and wondering ,did some ppl become unbecoming, since when, we somalis join the band wagon of the west, and start celebrating mother's day. Yes mom's day is everyday 24/7.But if you only do it 05/09,then you have no relationship with your mom at all,then what happens 05/10?? am waiting.

ala hoyooo could you see what these somali people are talking about these was a post ok if u aint felling it then hit the road iam not trying to sound mean but i have to put these out if you dont celebrate then hush and mind ya bizzness. and if you guyz think aim doing a wrong thing then forget ya if i know iam getting my mom bleasing then thats all i need to care so peace somalizzzzzz.

Okay first of all, so what if it's not an Islamic holiday, it's not like it infringes upon the domain of Islam, it's the opposite in fact.

Also, yes we should shower our mothers with love and attention every single day of the year, however, how many of you can honestly say that you do that?

Mother's day is also a celebration of motherhood, not just an excuse to be nice to her. I'm sure mothers would love to have one day exclusively devoted to them, where every member of the family celebrates her.

Also Mombassa-Queen, it is not good form to say to people to 'stay out of your business' when they don't agree with you. This forum by its very nature invites discussion. smile.gif

hey xu i know what you are trying to tell me but for me its a post just letting people know we should forget our mother on that day to me serious in my family when it comes to mother's day we take my mom out and just have a good time so i wanted to share these to ya but if they dont celebrate its them but they should be saying oh these and that but anwyz i made ma point if ya gonna celebrate thats good and if you do celbrate everyday thats wouderfull my case is closed.

dad kaa badan iyo hir haa badan wey ku qaadaan.

walaalayaal tii soomaaliya dadka soomaaliya joogo aa u dabaal daga, kuwiinaan qurbaha joogo meeshiina ku dabaal daga ok.

so r u guys telling me that non of u ever celebrated mothers day on 23/3?

haa isma dhihin anba!

Somali...amazing!!!

meel walba waa isku haysataan!.

why u already supported THE WOMEN DAY "03/08".

Im just agreed to MOMBASA QUEEN although she closed the case!

but in Islamic side, this is not good to celebrate cuz waa gaalo maalinteed mana fiicna in la raaco gaalada!

I like my mom more than some1 else, and I do every day calling her I say MOM I LOVE YOU i do every single day remembering my beloved mom! and MAY 9 is one of that single dayz!.

peace

lol somali elien thats must be nice watch good for you.

caramel sis i think we in different world or some coz we dont celebrate 23/3 on mother day sis but i do alwayz celebrate and matter fact dont know what to get my mom but i have time to inverstigate what she love and ama get her.

Kruella   

Just a heads up for shopaholics in tdot, there is a huge mother's day sale at the Marriot hotel near the Eaton center on Saturday May 1st 2004 from 11 am to 9 pm.

Salamz

Qac Qaac   

Aren't u there living with your mom everyday, and if u do, u don't say i love u to your mom atleast once a day. mother's day is for gaalo who don't live with their mom, and this is their chance to go back home and say i love u mom. shaabella said it is not islamic holdiay.

we are not against celebrating mother's day for our mothers. but we are against us copying eveything the gaalo do. khaaliful mushrikiina wal kaafiriin. so celebrate with your mom, in noon times, evenings, mornings eveytime u get a chance not only one day from a year.

Mombasa queen nice topic, cutelilgirls, well said. shaabella u closed the case.

CK, what... u actually celebrate... loool waad ilbaxday hayye. ilaahey hakuu siyaadiyo ilbaxnimadaada.