Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

You have the right to...

You have the right to be offended.

You have the right to ignore that which offends you.

You have the right to your opinion, and to defend that opinion if questioned.

You have the right to speak your mind in public venues, or in your own.

You have the right to make your opinions known to those willing to listen.

Anything you say may, of course, be held against you in the court of public opinion.

You do not have the right to insist that others hold the same opinion as you.

You do not have the right to define what is offensive for others.

You do not have the right to censor others in venues not your own.

You have the right to remain silent.

Consider exercising it.

September 04, 2005

Anonymous

Hopefully this makes it all clear, eberyaalyahow. :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by La Femme:

I am utterly and unequivocally offended by that statement,You're lucky that I'm just gonna ignore it.

Baashi   

Maybe you meant to say: you have the right not to be offended. I figure this is a typo.

I don't like to be offended missy. I can let unintentional dig slip once a blue moon but I will not let any faceless screen character have fun at my expense. Manly men are not weaklings. They lose temper at the slightest percieved provocations :D .

You can't balme them. Reason being that screen character and realworld character can sometimes become one. If and when that happens lil chicks can became a drama queens eager to have all the attentions they can master. Likewise, grown up men and old hags can loose the nerve and smash the screen and make fool out of themselves.

In light of these possibilities, I the great Baashi granted the right to not intentionally offend and provoke other nomads. In my great wisdom gained from the school of hard knocks, I reasoned that this is not good for the foruming. :cool:

On the other hand, the lil kid in me is vying my attention and I kinda heard him pleadimg but Sir!...the topics will be dull and the fun as some nomads defined will not be there. To please all the voices I will overturn my earliest fatwa on this thing...and completely contradict myself by conceding that the lil child in me have a point.

Once again, in the eyes of endless heads of seemingly nice and eloquent fellaz and the need to be acknowledged I change my firm and unshakable opinion. Today I declare the right for every1 to offend other nomads and the right of not to get offended can be easily reconciled. All you need to have is great wisdom Allah ahs endowed me. You see this is not that comlicated.

The Lion Teaser Jr. will be delighted and Moderators will see to it that my words be engraved along side the great wise Greeks if I let in my little secret on this score.

I have to get paid first...nothing comes free right! No free lunchs, No free lunchs....

PS: Off to lunch and when that's done off to Politics section where my report of Maxaa la yiri is past due...markay isku dbabdhacdo ii yeera dee I will be wrestling with the lions a la manly men.

LOL@Libaan. Hadaa xanaqdid, darkaada maa ka badnaaneeysaa?

Baashi,

1. I am offended that you called me 'missy'. Please take that insulting word back before I slap you so hard, your grandkids will feel it.

2. You are provoking the feminist in me when you refer to guys as 'grown up men' and girls as either 'lil chicks' or 'hags'. :mad: That is unfair, underhanded, and cruel of you. I demand a public apology with sincerity.

3. By assuming that I have made a 'typo' you are implying that I am an !diot such that I cannot recall the 4 lines I have written. If this is not a direct attack at my reading comprehension and ability to proof read, I don't know what it is. If I wrote it, read it as it is. I am old enough to re-read and correct any misktakes I have made. I am devasted by your implication and complete disregard for my feelings.

Jacpher   

Originally posted by La Femme:

Baashi,

1. I am offended that you called me 'missy'. Please take that insulting word back before I slap you so hard, your grandkids will feel it.

2. You are provoking the feminist in me when you refer to guys as 'grown up men' and girls as either 'lil chicks' or 'hags'. That is unfair, underhanded, and cruel of you. I demand a public apology with sincerity.

3. By assuming that I have made a 'typo' you are implying that I am an !diot such that I cannot recall the 4 lines I have written. If this is not a direct attack at my reading comprehension and ability to proof read, I don't know what it is. If I wrote it, read it as it is. I am old enough to re-read and correct any misktakes I have made. I am devasted by your implication and complete disregard for my feelings.

You do not have the right to insist that others hold the same opinion as you.

You do not have the right to define what is offensive for [ you and ] others. ** :D

You do not have the right to censor others in venues not your own.

**Edited