Sign in to follow this  
Qodax Qorax

I love Dhaanto--Thread

The Zack;251817 wrote:
^Reer Garowe don't get the moves dee yaa GaroweGal
:D
. Just kidding sis, dhaanto shouldn't be related to a specific clan, it is a popular Somali dance. It might have originated from Western Somalia but that doesn't mean specific qabiil created it. All Somali clans reside in that part of Somalia.

Loving it......

I get frustrated every-time I attend a function and everyone that hails from Somali Galbeed is under the impression they rightfully own this dance. And as soon as they step on stage I wish they would sit and let the true pros (like moi) show them how it's done *SMILES*

I can name three other clans that are known for Dhaanto.

NASSIR;679889 wrote:
Zack, post some Jaandheer or Saylici dance.

GaroweGal, adigana post some nice ones. Dhaanto is dominating the scene. Needs competition.
:D

Here is mine it's hip and cool and coming from the young generation.

Carafaat   

The Zack;814898 wrote:
This (calanka xabashida excluded) is one of the greatest Dhaantos I have seen these days.

I dont object the flag. but the white dude and the rastafari dancing our dhaanto.

dhaanto in dance form. :D

wayaha cusub doing dhaanto.

Carafaat   

Bluelicious, imagine you and me going back to our roots and doing the dhaanto somewhere in myi between Wardheer and Wajaale. I bet you love myi, the smell, the air, the land, the camels. I can take you there.

Carafaat   

Oba, I am trying to obstain this month from Dhaanto, Shirib. But as you tempted me and I am weak soul who is easily distracted. I will share my favourite dhaanto of the year, which is Nimco Dareen and Ali Dhaanto. :D