Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Where are the Somali fathers?

Abwaan   

After many years of driving to work I have finally got rid of my car and joined the daily London commuters. Luckily I only had to get one bus from my near my house to my work place. The beauty of buses is that you could be close to the world around you, People hopping on and off.

One painful story I would like to share is this Somali mother who shares the bus with us for a short journey to take her kids to school. She has four kids with her, the eldest being 5 or 6. As soon as she boards in and kids try to filter through the other passengers and jump around then starts her worry and in panic she starts calling their names. Kids are kids they don’t even wait and give her a chance while she shows her oyster card to the driver. While pushing the youngest on a pram, as soon as she leaves the area near the entrance she starts calling their names again and looks around even including outside the bus in order to makes sure that none of them is left outside the bus or around the bus stop.

Once she locates them she makes sure that they are all in a save seat. I just wonder what happened to the father or fathers of those kids. Only one day I saw a man taking some of these kids with him. He could have been an uncle or a distance relative or maybe the milkman himself (a term used for father who either work on night shifts or regular Marfish clients). I was not close to where he was standing in order to confirm whether he is the wanted man?

winnie   

he could be working at those hours---

i mean, if the youngest is a couple of months old, than he cant be that far can he?

Buuxo   

^miskiin.It's hard casing around one child ,i can't imagine 4 or more.WHere is the father ,God knows,maybe he is at work? lets hope :( .

But what is with the somalis in UK and their dependence on public transport? Maalin hore nin weyn oo reer uk baan arkey oo dhahey gaari mawadi aqaan, yaab lee iga soo hartee.War see ku nool yihin dadkaan. :D

What this sister needs is to get a license and car or a dog-leash or all the above.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Abwaan:

She has four kids with her, the eldest being 5 or 6.

Hmmmm, the first thing that came to mind after reading this part of the post: 'wey ku fiicantehee daa'... Yaa yiri saas isaga dabadhal iyada? :mad: She was basically having babies every 1.5yrs which means she was busy getting pregnant every 9months...She doesn't even give time for her body to recover... Some women!!! :mad:

As for the father or fathers (don't see how it could be fathers in this case), he could be busy either working (day or night shift), chewing and getting his sleep during the day (at which point he is just for the sake of 'guribaan leeyahay' OR 'aabaan ahay')...

Which brings me to my last point, parents need to give time between children...Noloshu way is badashaa markii wax la isku dhalo; therefore, they should give each other and the child time to grow and get used to the idea of parenting...Parenting is a joined task, hadeysan caawimaad jirin no need to be popping children from any which way, wah...