Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Ur stories: How and Why You support the teams U Support

Macalin   

Haye,This has never been done;(ya am so imaginative-thank YOU!)-axm

You know how you like teams in sports?,how did you end up being a FAN(besides the home status thing)...for example me

FootBall:

I like The Denver Broncos...how i liked them is quite simple.

In the late 90s(97/98) season this team was the A team,and that time of the Yr i was just learning the ABCs of football lol(since i came from afrika the previous YR),so the commentator made me just love the team and dont forget Terell Davis/John Elway....Although i live in the Carolinas i never supported the Panthers.

NBasketBall:Bulls Fan/Wizards-Just follow MJ around

Kings:They Took the Unbeatable lakers to a 7Games-

CollegeBasketBall;Unc Tarheels(i dont have to explain this one...u live in the tarheel state,ur blood is sky Blue)

Baseball: I dont watch teh Damn thing but i was rooting for Dbacks coz they beat the damn yanks.

Over to You now

Abdinuur   

Well, I'm from Cali...California Love, that is. And ever since middle school, I was a big fan of the LAKERS. Dude, I even went to a Laker's game back in the days when I was in Cali...(talk about Pac's rhymes...to live & die in L.A.)

Plus, I've also been a big fan of Phil Jackson and the old Chicago Bulls (but that's history). Since Jackson went to the Lakers and became their head coach, everything changed for the Lakers...a word was born...championship!

The LAKER uniform, the whole team, their public image and persona, everything adds up...I'm looking forward to going to LAKER's NBA Finals against Minnesota....in Minnesota (oops, did I say that)... :D

Macalin   

Kafi,that uniform drives me Nutss adeer

I hate the Yellow Jerseys!......and the whole aroma you just described....

Die lakers again

I'm not fanatic about American games, however i m huge, huge, huge fan of "The Gunners". Why Arsenal you might ask? Well, i just dont like MAN U. The Gunners will shoot a hole through MAN United this season. Arsenal fans come from all over the world. We are very diverse:

binladen-arsenal.jpg

N.O.R.F   

^^^lol, OBL has actually been to Highbury to take in a game....

Ok, i'm not into no american games, alittle NBA when they get to the playoffs an thats about it.

Football Team: Liverpool, 1 mans name will just say it all, John Barnes! Back then in the late 80s when i arrived here, he was just killing it and so were Liverpool. During the Hillsborough disaster, we saw the Liverpool coach actually going to the stadium before the game while we were playing football in the park. That was one chaotic sunday!

Seria A Team: Juve, again one player will explain this, Robby Baggio when Football Italia was on C4 every sunday! Nuff Said!

Who else, Division One team, Sheff Utd, obvious why!

NBA Team: This changes with the seasons, from the days of Magic and Worthy for the Lakers, to Issiah Thomas for the Pistons, to MJ amd Pippen for the Bulls, Kemp and Payton for the Sonics, right now i dont even know whats happening in the NBA!

International Football: England/Brazil/Holland/France/Senagal/Cameroon/ Nigeria/S Africa/

Jaylaani   

For those of you who support the Lakers, Bulls w/ MJ or any other front runner teams, you are nothing but fanatic. and since most of you came here recently, it’s acceptable

I hate the Lakers with passion. I hated them when I was little in late 80s and I hate them now. Their whole image is media creation. And the Uniform….

The Kings were the better team couple years ago yet they were cheated by the league just because the NBA wanted the Lakers in the finals. No one wanted to see the Kings vs. the Nets. Talking about small market teams.

To answer your question,

I am a huge fan of the Sixers. AI, need I say more.

Football, I don't follow any particular team. I considered myself, NFL fan. I pretty much watch every game in any given Sunday.

Baseball, Blue Jays is the team I follow. He has been gone for years but Roberto Alimor is the reason I was hooked on that team. He was my favorite baseball player.

I don't like Soccer and I don't watch hockey. I tried to get into it, I just can't seem to find that little black thing they play with.

College basketball...Temple

College Football.....Michigan wolverines.