Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Blame It On Camel Milk!

Nur   

Yes indeed indeed, I have to admit that I drank a full haroob of Camel Milk in Hargeisa restaurant recently, I did not realize how strong the milk I gulped was until it kicked months later with such a weird and an unbecoming suggestion from my part to an audience that for many years have followed e-Nuri Brand products around, I have never realized how wrong my opinion was for this Nomadic audience until I got so much applause ( Clap, Clap, Wadaadka Dharkii baa ka dhacay, Hypocracy etc.) and sympathy ( He had too much Camel Milk, The title of Post) to seek redemption.

Why e-Nuri post such posts ?:

To search for answers, it wouldnt be a learning experience if we know what we are doing. That is why I responded to Rahima's question with : "I dont know"

In our e-Nuri Company Profile years ago we wrote:

It was found that the only time the Chief Executive Officer of e-Nuri is prone to make a mistakes or commit a sizable goof is when the Dhiker Signalling stream is interrupted due to preoccupation with worldly concerns that blur his guidance capabilities, thus compromising the above declared Vision and Mission.

The Purpose Of This SOL Forum:

The exchange of ideas on issues that face our people both at home and overseas, define the challenges, pool our expertise, and devise solutions, an idea is just an idea, if it is not presented, we will never know if it was right or wrong, at the end of a day, we are after a solution to a challenge that has been identified, and for that matter no idea is too far fetched as long as it does not defy the tenets of our faith, which alone forms the basis of right and wrong in morality ( Some of my critics disagree on this point, and I respect their point of view, diversity of opinion is always healthy, even the Devil's Advocate failed to live up to her job in my case, she did not come in my rescue as expected from a Devil by deviant).

In our quest to find solutions to these serious social challenges, we turn every stone and consider every idea, no matter how sinister the thought may be, again for the purpose of finding a solution among several options. By demonizing an idea, we may not only risk forgoing a workable solution, but also we may kill the intutive and creative thinking needed to solve complex problems.

Worth mentioning aslo is the mix up between persona and principle, at e-Nuri, we have repeatedly carried a slogan that loudly reads, that we attack problems, not people, after reading responses, I was quite let down by the reactions unbecomong of people who I considered to lean on reason instead of emotions when facing daunting problems that makes little boys age starkly grey quickly. However, I realize that emotions are here to stay as long as we are discussing traumatic experiences of some of the Nomads who may be very bitter of episodes they suffered in the past, and for that alone I apologise if in any way my words added insult to a fresh injury.

My vocation at e-Nuri has been that of a brother in faith, who happily sacrificed his time to share with you the little knowledge that Allah has taught him, because he cares about you. So in my writings, what makes sense is from Allah, what makes no sense can be a comprehension challenge, or a sheer mistake, but when it is an error in judgement, we should not forget the drivers of the error ( although this issue is not yet fully all resolved) , as it was for seeking right answers, and unfortunately we may have stumbled on an erroneous judgement, A Somali Proverb says : "Sow aniga Kalgaceyl Kuu Xambaaray, oo tabar yari kuula kufay" when I stumbled, the crowd for which I have selflessly sacrificed so much of my time to share with what I value in my faith, came so strong on my persona, labelilng me a hypocrite, while the kind ones who could not bear looking ceebteyda, started throwing a towel to cover my exposed body, so much for goodwill.

But contrary to suggestions of a runaway wadaad by some, this experience only increased my resolve to spend more time with this crowd, ( I have notified my business partners that I will devote a third of my business time to my e-Dawa work by next year inshAllah)

Also if I may correct a notion from some Nomads, I am not here in a contest to win an argument, instead, I am here to win the right answers for the right challenges, regardless who presents it, in no way does my ego get in the way of humbly admitting my mistake if proven, because there is no shortcoming in a person greater than an insatiable ego, I seek Allahs protection against mine, and I hope everyone else follows suit. I also hope that at the end of any discussion that my adversary is right, and that I am proven wrong, because, only then can I be certain that I was taught a lesson that I did not know, and deservingly so from Nomads that I have spent with valuable years sharing my knowledge on many issues, serious and humorous, its only fair we trade places, they teach me and I begin learning ( Except From The Devil in the crowd).

Nomads who took the time to respond fell in four categories, Those with:

1. Right Intentions, right conclusions

2. Right intentions, wrong conclusions

3. Wrong intentions, right conclusions

4. Wrong intentions, wrong conclusions

I wholehertedly thank the first category, I seek clarification and further discussion with the second, as for the latter two, i kindly suggest not to use this controversy to poison the well from which many Nomads have benefited for many years, after all, all points considered, my record proudly stands as a champion of Somali womens rights and my unblemished respect for their role in society is well recorded on many forums as far back as 1997, and no matter how much name calling and accusations of hypocracy and flip flopipng I am accused, I shall cointinue to be a voice for moderation and reason. I take the persona slaying comments by some readers with a smile, to be the man they love to hate, again serving another valuable purpose on this forum. I realize lynching needs an ugly enemy to energise undeclared undercurrents, It is said that " Seddex, seddex kama aar gudato, runlow kama aarguto beenlow, caaqilna kama aarguto maangaab, Allah yaqaanna kama aarguto Allah midaan oqoon"

Disagreements on points of view is a fact of life, how to resolve these differences can separate order from chaos, we need a set of standards to subscribe to that we all agree on, the majority of Namds subscribe to Islam as the guiding principle for that standard, so we accept Allahs call : In case you disagree on a matter, refer to Allah ( Quran) and the Messneger ( Sunnah ) "

That standard, the devine standard has a moral behind the law, which are:

1. Sanctity of Faith and its protection ( e-Nuri Aqeedah Vigils)

2. Sanctity of Life and its protection ( e-Nuri Topic about FC)

3. Sanctity of Reason and its Protection ( e-Nuri Opticians)

4. Sanctity of Wealth and its Protection ( e-Nuri Business development)

5. Sanctity of Human Dignity and its Protection.

As we are all aware, the most important of the above is the protection of faith, Allah SWT says " Wal Fitnatu ashaddu minal qatl" meaning, for a person to be aimless as to turn to a kafir is worse than death" . It is well known the story of the Ukhdood, people who died for their faith by choice. The sanctity of the human life is the second important element, for that reason, murder is illegal, and for the protection of the mind and intellect alcohol was prohibited. Usury ( interest bearing loans) was prohibited for the purpose of prerseving wealth as Ribaa is evil laden practice, and finally, premarital sex was made illegal for preserving the dignity of the human being, family and children.

From that background, we find ourselves in bold new world of many streams of ideaologies contrary to our faith, some make sense others dont, but at the end, we face stark realities that call for answers, in such a sutuation, we can either deal with business as usual, or consider any solution, in the process, we toss off suggestions that dont solve the problem and learn from the excercise and move on.

I must admit that the article that i have written was half baked, by all measures, seriously speaking, it needs an extensive research to validate the cons and pros. Alcohol; was banned because its evil outweighed its good, and like the hurricane lady's tagline reads, fighting for peace is like kissing for virginity, in our case the question was, does gudniin stop promiscuity which leads to teen age pregnancy, and is teen age pregnancy in the west ( rare in Somali baadiye) as serious a crime as the one being committed on some girls in baadiye ( from the new western perspective and arguably Islamic perspective, depending on procedures intensity and extent of injury to victim)?

That question was indeed very confusing as the practice is working uncontested in Kurtunwaarrey as we speak, and the entire village rallies around the decency issue, but same sinister idea could never work in Bristol UK, where the freedom of the individual is the cornerstone of values. Again, I must admit that that post was not one of my well thought-out topics due to a lot of work related pressures, a desire to kep up the e-Nuri business running on SOL, and lack of quality time to refine my point of view which to this date remain under development, all of which are compounded by my inability for a timely response against mudslingers which has further aggrevated the situation, at the same time giving munitions to my " Friends" who we may had arguments in the past on other issues, who saw me as a " gaal god ku dhacay".

In Conclusion, I believe that this issue is personal issue, it is not for the community to decide, no one should inforce a social remedy on another human when there is no unambiguous devine message, I believe that this issue is far from being scholarly addressed on this forum, both in scientific or religious considerations, its is not as simple as the SOL crowd may think, because here is a crowd, with a unanimous opinion on an issue, affecting people who have lived thousands of years in another way in a far land, as much as I would like to ban the practice, another discussion in Kurtunwaarrey town hall meeting for the same topic can show a different perspective. Are we ready to sit in a hut in Kurtunwaarrey to suggest the ban of the practice there without being accused of being gaalo? . Like The Rer Xamar say: Mukulaal minankeeda joogta, mici libaaxey leedahay

Nur

2005 e-Nuri Controversial Topics

Winning an argument is not our goal, winning Allah's pleasure is

----------------------------------------------------

The Good People's Attitude toward others:

1. They Trust Others

2. They Give the benefits of doubt

3. They are gracefully forgiving when wronged

The Evil people's Attitude toward others:

1. They are suspicious of others

2. When in doubt, they think ill of others

3. They enjoy smearing others reputation when wronged

Cara.   

Nur,

Your "apology" here is more in the line of "Sorry I don't knew you guys would be so sensitive and irrational", than a real apology. Or perhaps you are apologizing that you did not "polish" your idea better before introducing it (a mind-boggling idea in itself). The thing is, no one asked you to apologise, just to defend your position as any other forummer would be expected to. It's understandable if you weren't available to do so, creating a momentum against your views.

You also weren't lynched, far from it. You had a lot more defenders than detractors, and I think the defenders did more to create a "situation" than a couple of sardonic comments warranted.

The martyr complex is not flattering either. Naturally it's not pleasant to be the object of ridicule, and I too wish some hadn't attacked you personally, but you are not some archetypal representation of Good, and no sacrifice is ever selfless when one hopes for an eternal reward.

Nur   

JB

I am honored for a first, I pray to win a second, inshAllah.

Callypso

Sister Rahima has requested that I come clean on this issue, her suggestion was that I start with " I made a mistake" which I candidly did, so that should put your claim that an apology was not demanded in perspective, secondly walaal, in all frankness, your comment caught me unprepared, playing a martyr role was not my idea if indeed that is what you gleened from my post. You see Callypso, the driver of actions for a Muslim is supposed to be for the sake of Allah alone, I hope you get the point, besides, I have never elevated myself higher than anyone else around here, it would be a scarilige to do so, may be I am the most senior writer on SOL, neither am i jokying for recognition, I am not in it for the glory, if i did, it would be shooting myself in the foot, I hope that aligns our perspectives.

Nur

^^Another immovable dweller, are ya?

Good one Nur.

I too hope this ends those vengeful bawls. Their cries were not over spilled milk after all :D .

x_quizit   

Excellent points Layzie.

Nur, thank you so much for that back handed apology, I have seen the light now. Excellent diatribe of Good Vs Evil and we can all guess what category those that had the gall to speak against ur falsehoods belong to. In any case, I'd have prefered a "let's agree to disagree" rather than a condescending sermon, playing the victim, if you couldn't summon or even try to see things from our side. I almost expected a picture of jesus when he was crucified 'cause thats' exactly the image u portrayed of urself.

To sum up your view/motto, bad gurls go everywhere, good gurls go under the knife. Thank you for ur great work in championing women's causes everywhere, with friends like you, who needs enemies?

:rolleyes:

Castro   

^ Nur should have put this way (sans the if I offended you conditional apology):

FGM is as wrong as abortion in that it is ill timed. The former is done to every girl without ever finding out if she would become a 'bad gurl'. Same with abortion. The fetus is aborted before we know it's a good kid or a bad one. Instead, both FGM and abortion should be left as an option during the critical years (say between 14-22) when you are fairly certain the girl has gone bad or that fetus (now this gangsta punk) is not worth keeping.

I think we could all agree on the above, no?

All this apology(or backhanded ones) talk is quite amusing. People do not apologise for opinions(Flawed or not). They retract from a postion(s) if they accept that it was wrong/flawed.(As is the case for this Nur-Gate scandal).

Sheqqow,frankly speaking I think you should promptly stop addressing on this issue . You need to focus on spreading Da'wah and the good work you have done in the past. We are not getting any thawaab out of this back & forth accusations & counter accusations.

PS. This is all my opinion, Do not expect me to apologise for it. smile.gif

Dare I say that my ears are privy to Nur's secret supplication, the Sage is praying thus: Eebbow Nin gob baan ahoo guni rifeysaaye. Would it were that the case.

Though it betokens a sense of immodesty, I fancy myself the interlocutor who can deliver of himself a few letters that will bring to an end this natural storm of violent protestations.

Nur opined that the circumsicion of females would effect lower rates of abortion and promiscuity; however,

I. He did not provide a shred of argument for this claim (statistical elements, biological implications, scientific correlations).

II. When pressed for any semblance of substantiation for his stance, good Nur went on a respite to the city of Toronto, abandoning the virtual city(the thread) which he created, forever.

I must needs say that I was horrified by his first intellectual sin (I) not so much because it is "controversial" or "sentimental", rather because it was pregnant and bloated with fallacies (مغالطات) and sophisteries (سÙسطة) unbecoming of a schoolboy, much less, SOL's religous schoolman. The crowning horror, however, was to be found in the second intellectual sin (II). The schoolman provided neither explanation of his view, nor a conspicuous recantation thereof.

It is a philosophical principle held by some that an effect oft has, or must needs have, as much reality as the cause. The above-mentioned sins of the schoolman were the causes that led to the schoolgirls:-

III. levelling charges of Hypocrisy, Misogyny, and other mala fide will

IV. relentlessly pursuing him wheresover he flew

Now, the schoolgirls attack (III) on the personality of the schoolman was porportioned to the carelessness and meaninglessness with which the schoolman presented his thesis. In like manner, it requires not a great fund of acumen to foretell that the schoolman was going to be mercilessly pursued thence(II-->IV).

By the schoolman's own admission, there were numberless factors which affected, or more appropriately, impeded his judgement(tales of the torment of abortion, travel) when he posted his sentimental piece. Equally sentimental were the charges of hyporisy and misogyny. Be that as it may, an effect is always "representative" of its cause. The schoolgirls, no less, visited thier emotions on the schoolman by means of disparagement; that is to say, in the same coin he was paid back (emotion with emotion).

The discussion, if emotions are thwarted, will be more benign than malign; and, in this vein, all sentiments ought to be blotted from remembrance, lest old wounds bleed afresh. The schoolman should be the first to treat this matter objectively.

Reason bids me that I query the schoolman whether he denies the verdict that his article was sentimental; should the answer be in the affirmative, I shall ask him once more: have you so much as slender evidence (scientific) for your stance? If not, wherefore do you embark on a mad career?

P.S. If the schoolgirls insist on labelleling Nur a misogynyst (his article was sentimental and want of logic, not misogynistic), and, hence, persist in thier emotion, or rather if the emotion persists in them, I shall ask them a two-winged question: a) what mean you by "misogynist" and b) What are the misogynistic elements in Nur's varied writings.

I spake, or rather have writ on this subject more than allows leisure; hence, be assured, it is my last.

Cimuu Thalaaman

With Salaams,

PK

Good Castro, blame it on Camel Milk, says Nur; I find myself agreeing with him without much thought; Camel Milk has never been kind to taste buds of mine. Somalis ought to declare a moratorium on the drinking of such milk. Has she, Somalia, no great-uddered kine roaming her plains. :D

Castro   

^ And all this time we've been blaming it on clans and tribalism. I think you're on to something here Mutakalim.

Question for you, though: why do you wait till xabadu wiif wiif has almost come to an end before you lay down some rules for discussions? By the time you arrive, the dead far outnumber the injured and the living.

^^The eagle has landed, you right. But what seemed to his eagle eye as an enticing prey is indeed a worn–out bone :D !

The cow has already been out of the barn, good Mutakallim :D . Your well-constructed sequel will have a boomerang effect as eNuri has already retracted that position.

Move on old chap, and don’t let the past cloak the horizon of SOL.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Castro:

Instead, both FGM and abortion should be left as an option during the critical years (say between 14-22) when you are fairly certain the girl has gone bad or that fetus (now this gangsta punk) is not worth keeping.

I think we could all agree on the above, no?

Yes, let's kill or maim all teenagers. Bloody beasts eat too much and contribute too little anyway.