Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

SOL Review of The Year 2009

It has been another interesting year here at SOL. Lot of ideas have been discussed and deliberated. For many, its been another year full of negative stories but I am sure many of you might agree when I say, that SOL is an invaluable source of information on Somalis both in the diaspora and in the Somali Peninsula.

Thanks to all those who contributed and have informed us of the latest on-goings, debates and current affairs. I am personally grateful.

Thanks especially to JB for information about Somaliland and Berbera. :D

Cheers!

Thanks to A&T for his outstanding contribution to the site and for typing the word 'Puntland' on the board the most this year. 2009 :D

Also I thank Maadeey for being the only public enemy number on the board for openly supporting Alshabaab even after the disappearance of Khashafa, :D

Last but not least, I like to thank General Duke for breaking the record this year by posting on the General and woman section of the forum for the first time this year, 2009 :D

What a wonderful turn of events the year 2009 has seen, what a change a year brings.

This were the few I have noticed, what is your reveiw of SOL 2009, any memorable moments?

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

^

Your silly ghetto say-walahi nacnac is getting boring sxb.

"Ghetto NacNac" is far better than passing off self obsessive, self hating, right wing- UKIP propaganda, laced with Boris Johnson regurgitated verbal poo, mixed with anti Islamic bull,and tribalistic cocunut drivel, as intellectualism, like you seem to do.

On another note, I have to admit, the saddest incident of the year was seeing a SOLer called Fabregas get the booted from SOL. Some claim he came back as fabregas bruv. I am not too sure. :D

For me, the highlight of the year has been slaying my enemies. One has come to realise that certain individuals can only be defeated through logic and reason lol. I have to say i have put many to the rough knife this year.

On the domestic social front:

The Somali community continues to struggle from the many obstacle that hinder our progress. This is our fault. We are weak and divided. There is no consensus and compromise. There are many rogues within the community, like the benefit frauds from November 2009, and those who travel from nice comfortable and peaceful homes to blow up their peoples in the name of Islam.

On the international front,

Somaliland continues to seek the converted recognition but is closer now than ever. Puntland started well but has since disintegrated into anarchy. South Somalia is burning!