Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Cruel, Unusual and uncalled for......

Gediid   

People

I have this friend(innocent but really hardworking computer geek who makes 6 figures) who happens to be in a very similar situation ,believe it or not the dude just bought a beamer,a condo and spends lavishly on this girl who he thinks really digs him.I just don't have the guts to tell him that she is in all definations the proverbial goldigger,in for the money and the ride.

I on the other hand am caught up in all of this because the dude happens to confide in me all that is close to his heart but I tried telling him in very subtle ways but this does not seem to work.Should I tell him the true nature of this girls affections(the change he carries) or should I keep my big MOUTH shut and see him suffer at the hands of this girl.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Gediid, you can never really know whats goin on between two people. Since you haven't given any evidence of her exploiting him financially only and provided they are still together, I suggest you keep your nose out of this relationship.

I really cant see the association of a guy who has a mind to earn 6 figures with unreasonableness. If he loves his girl and wants to spend on her - who r u 2 tell him otherwise?

Jealousy isnt very becoming mate!

underdog   

Lakkad: me and the girl have no beef. When you have a friend with a thorn in his foot you'll be happy when he takes that thorn out even though it didn't affect you directly.

Legend of Zu: Be my guest, I hold no patent on those words. I hope they bring you wealth and prosperity

Flying-Still: Bullseye??? me??? No way!!! I wouldn't do that. You might make me feel guilty and that I have to make it up to you some way or the other.

416 is "prefered". I know secluded, romantic spots all across the GTA. I'd be a tourist if I ventured outside those borders and that diminishes my Suave value.

Gediid: It's a tricky situation. You have to say enough to later say "I told you so". without having your friend think "this guy's a loser, he just jealous of me". Thin line.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by underdog:

Flying-Still: Bullseye??? me??? No way!!! I wouldn't do that. You might make me feel guilty and that I have to make it up to you some way or the other.

416 is "prefered". I know secluded, romantic spots all across the GTA. I'd be a tourist if I ventured outside those borders and that diminishes my Suave value.

No need to feel guilty....I can take it...I'm grown a$$ women and a feminist at that..remember ;)

416 prefered huh? You can't just stick to your comfort zone you know... live and learn...thats what life is all about.

Sauve value? must've missed that quality...my bad :D

Blessed   

I, on the other hand, am still very single (by choice) so any lady in the 416 areacode want to go catch a movie and some dessert is all good
:D

(no purchase necessary, must be over 23yrs old. cretain rules and regulations apply. skill testing question must be answered. Results may vary.)

lol ;)

Best of luck, and if that add does work can you allow me to have a look at your regulations?

Gediid,

I'd just let him figure it out on his own, if he really likes her then chances are he won't take your word for it. Maybe, you can hint to her about golddigging...!!

Lakkad,

Been hanging with you too much dee, now am all up in ppls buissness like some brotehr I know ;)

Originally posted by flying-still:

BArwaaqo...I feel for the guy your talking about. My grand mother told me that the only way you can keep a man hung up on you is to make sure he buys you the best of things. Her logic is that he would be so busy paying off teh dept that he won't have time to get another wife or decide that he doesn't love you anymore. I still don't understand her logic...if I love him wouldn't it be logical for me to make sure I don't cause him any hardships?

Peace and luv

Hmmmm...I don't get it either. But that logic is ingenious in a twisted way! :cool:

Gediid...

Sometimes we take an instant dislike to the ppl our friends date for no obvious reason. On the other hand, it is always best to trust your instincts about ppl. The difficult thing is knowing when to interfere and when to stand back. At the moment from your post, I'm not sure if saying anything will have an effect on your friend. However, so that he doesn't blame you and you don't feel guilty later, it might be best to subtly let him know about your misgivings.

Something along the lines of "I know you are happy/in love with hebla and I'm glad for you, but I get the impression that she is not all she makes out to be. I could be wrong of course, in fact I'm frequently wrong about these things but I think you should be careful. Don't rush into anything until you feel u know her well enough".

This way, you won't be stepping on his toes, and he won't immediately assume that you are jealous or you have it in for him.

Whatever you do, do it discretely. You don't want to mess up your friendship.

Iffah   

Ouch! That's cruel...but she had it coming. Good to know he's happy now.

loL@nafisa...I think he was blinded by jaceel bilaash ah.. icon_razz.gif

underdog   

Flying,

the suave value is very easy to miss when its not directed at you. But, make no mistake about it's existence. I'd probably have to prove it you and show you how smooth I really am by treating you to some pure unadulterated romance.....but in respect to your feminist manifesto that frowns on such activities, I may have to save the debonair for someone who won't think it's a trap ;)

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT BROTHA X GOT OFF LIGHTLY IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.PLUS A GUY IS WILLING TO PROVIDE FOR HER EVERY DESIRE WHY IS SHE A GOLD-DIGGER.X SHOULD HAVE TOLD Y WHERE THE H3LL TO GET OFF.START AS YOU MEAN TO GO ON.BUT WHY SPEND MORE $$$$ ON Y WHEN HE WAS GOING TO DUMP HER.IF SHE GOT HIM ONCE SO EASILY IM SURE SHE CAN DO IT AGAIN MARRIED OR NOT......PLUS LAKKAD GET OFF FLYINS BACK OR I MITE HAVE TO STEP IN AND AVENGE 4MY SISTA.

START AS YOU MEAN TO GO ON....BE ****** AND YOU'LL GET PLAYED.

UNDERDOG....IF U KNEW WHAT WAS GWAANIN (HAPPENING)WHY NOT WARN THE BRO.OR WERE U TRYIN TO TEACH HIM A LESSON

PS...IF A GIRL DONT WANT TO BE ROMANCED TO THE POINT SHE BARFS THAT OBVIOUSLY MAKES HER HAVE FEMINIST VIEW.ON THE OTHER HAND IF SHE EXCEPTS EVERTHING THEN SOME SHE MUST BE A GOLD-DIGGER :rolleyes:

TO ALL THE BROTHAZ.....YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPLASH UR CASH TO BE ROMANTIC.

Xafsa   

Flying,

the suave value is very easy to miss when its not directed at you. But, make no mistake about it's existence. I'd probably have to prove it you and show you how smooth I really am by treating you to some pure unadulterated romance.....but in respect to your feminist manifesto that frowns on such activities, I may have to save the debonair for someone who won't think it's a trap
;)

That must be it....darn it!! I missed out on the romance....c'mon one more chance :(:D

Maybe I should rethink my feminist views huh? Maybe all men aren't out to cut off my leg...hmmm I'll run with that train of thought and see where it leads me ;)

Xafsa   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

]Hmmmm...I don't get it either. But that logic is ingenious in a twisted way! :cool:

It does doesn't it...when she said that..it made sense for a split second. Its something to think about smile.gif

underdog   

Originally posted by flying-still:

That must be it....darn it!! I missed out on the romance....c'mon one more chance Maybe I should rethink my feminist views huh? Maybe all men aren't out to cut off my leg...hmmm I'll run with that train of thought and see where it leads me
;)

I see you shoot from the hip and sarcasm is the primary weapon. It kinda cute. But it also says a lot about your state of mind. Can't let anyone get too close before you throw up a large wall of witty comments. As far the feminist views, you are what you are and you rethink opinions on your own terms. Might be surprised if you meet a guy who makes you stronger by standing by you.

you want to run with that train of thought, will you be trying to make it succeed or hoping it derails?

Xafsa   

^^ lol walaahi you had me laughing. won't let anyone get close to me huh? Your not the first to say that...But I think i've made some progress these past few years...but you never know. ;) But then again sarcasm and I have grown very close...its gonna be hard to let go. On the other hand A strong man by my side would be nice...hmmmm....which one do I pick? :confused:

On a more serious note....I am not a feminist...so the comment before about running with that thought does not apply here. But if it did I would be hoping for a more favorable outcome instead of hoping it would derail..as you put it.

Peace and luv