Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Cruel, Unusual and uncalled for......

underdog   

This is a story about a good friend of mine, his gold-digging girl friend and the coldest break-up in the history of pre-marital relationships.

About two yrs ago my boy( let's call him X) had the pure fortune of meeting what we (at the time) thought to be the most sophisticated Somali sister on the planet (let's call her Y). She had the looks, the words and was allegedly on a fast track to the top.

X is what you might call an entrepreneur who is allergic to the beaten path. His first mistake was being interested in Y because she (allegedly) had her own cash flow and wouldn't be tapping into his.

That all changed over the next while and X ( against our advice) indulged this lovely lady with that she asked for.

Shit started trickling on to the fan when our vision of loveliness resorted to extortion... "I'll be able to see you this weekend, but can you do me a favor and send $500 to my sister who's sick in Nairobi?" And X ( fitting very comfortable into the role of Punk) would do it.

Without dragging this too far, it got to a point where he decided to grow a pair and say no and she put him on ice. Although she'd call him to see if he was still on the hook. Absence may make the heart grow fonder but it does wonders in clearing up foggy sight. Two months, same city, just phone calls. My boy hit the mother of all contracts in the course of a month financed a very nice condo and upgraded his transportation to something with more cylinders, a leather interior, dual climate control and GPS (...like he'll be getting lost in Toronto). But most of all his mother shackles him up to some girl he's never met ( word has it she's a drop dead fox from a respectable family....Yeah right!!!).

Now X is coming to terms with this situation, dates have been set and he's actually optimistic about settling down with a girl he's never seen. He get a voice message from Y. "I hope you didn't forget my birthday is this Thursday". What the...?

So come Thursday, X goes and picks Y up in his new ride ( I'm pretty sure he went through a car wash, or something), took her to a very nice dinner @ Il Fornello ( the one King St.). After dinner they caught the Lion King ( If you haven't seen it ...See it). After the show he takes her up to Panorama and presents her gift ( a full day @ the Camden Spa on York Mills). He then proceeds to "invite" her to his wedding. ( I would gladly have paid $8.99 + tax to see the look on her face). He put Y on a cab and sent her home.

So Y, if you ever come across this post, remember early in the game when you told me you weren't like any other woman I've ever met. You were right, you're the only woman I know who was dumped at Panorama. LOL

I have no Idea what the moral of this story is, but I'm sure there's a lesson in here somewhere

First off I would like to start with....Were can I find a brother like that?!!!.......Joke... :D

All I can say is I guess it was better that he found out before it was too late "Sooner than later"...

Secondly girl friend had it comin to her and even though all these places he took her too...don't me a thing to me as I'm from the U.K.........I would have to say home-girl got off pretty lightly....

So to Mr X I hope you warm to your mother's choice as they say "Mother know best"

As for the author of the story....I saw a little hint that maybe home-girl was also makin a bee-line for you. ;)

LoL....Holla back icon_razz.gif

Seen that happen before. Except in that case, the guy went ahead and married her. He now works his butt off to pay off all the loans taken out to cover the wedding, interior decoration of the bridal home, the thousands sent to her family in Arabia and so on and so forth. :rolleyes:

Xafsa   

general daughter I feel you....where do brothas like that hide?!!!! Minnesota must be dry as heeelll!!!

Its a good thing your friend saw things clearly before it got out of hand...I hope he's enjoying his new life.

BArwaaqo...I feel for the guy your talking about. My grand mother told me that the only way you can keep a man hung up on you is to make sure he buys you the best of things. Her logic is that he would be so busy paying off teh dept that he won't have time to get another wife or decide that he doesn't love you anymore. I still don't understand her logic...if I love him wouldn't it be logical for me to make sure I don't cause him any hardships?

Peace and luv

Blessed   

Masterful ;)

Moral of the story sisters, if you got a good man treat him right, or you'll find yourself by yourself :D

I actually enjoyed reading that, something tells me x is our very own.... nevermind :D

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

[Q

, something tells me x is our very own.... nevermind
:D
[/QB]

I was thinking the same thing :D

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Underdog,

Every playa has gotten played a few times to learn

and understand the game!

You seem or shall we say Mr. X, took her on an expensive date just to tell her that he's engaged.

Something just ain't right.

I smell affair in the air, la qadra Allah Masha!

You can only have ONE HEART and not TWO.

Congratulations on your engagement and inshallah marriage!

Oh by the way, since Mr. X is rolling with plenty of Money, can I offer my Sister too, X ain't married yet!

Gotta look out for myself, uhhmm, I meant my sister, ya know!

Fi Amanallah

underdog   

Well I guess history is always relevant and we can all learn from it. Personally I'm wiser and smarter (not just from my own experiences, but always from experience other people in general - movies excluded).

One of the things I learned was that I am VERY culturally biased. From the holy sisters with the hijabs to the modern ones with corporate careers and to some small degree the misguided scantily dressed delinquents, you all have a special place in my heart.

Even though you give us a hard time over simple issues (see "Flying-still" as an example) most us are willing to absorb a certain degree of abuse because to most of the Somali guys, there is no alternative to Beautiful Somali woman. So let me stop swelling your heads and tie this in with the original post, Don't sh!t where you eat. simple statement but very relevant. Not too much explanation needed on that. Know what you have and know what you want. There is always a threshold to tolerance.

Flying-Still may have an image of me being a male chauvanistic pig but I only bother her because her I'm impressed by the strength and determination in her responses. This doesn't mean I'll be going easy on you ;)

P.S. I am not X...he's happily married and has turned into one of those friends who says " what are you waiting for? get married". I, on the other hand, am still very single (by choice) so any lady in the 416 areacode want to go catch a movie and some dessert is all good :D

(no purchase necessary, must be over 23yrs old. cretain rules and regulations apply. skill testing question must be answered. Results may vary.)

king_450   

Since i have joined the SOL, i hear about ,how misfortune are the sisters who live in minnesot.specially when it comes to the "Men". are Somali men in the state that dump. I am sorry but i am about to bag and move to minnesota. Watch out Washingtonians are moving in. but for real the story is good one.

Macalin   

( word has it she's a drop dead fox from a respectable family....Yeah right!!!).

-

first and formost, Nice choice of Words..word..lol

Secondly, why are U happy that this GAL was Dumped?-is there beef between Yalls? or was there another 'beef'?...oh me poor ol me somali curious!

Hey, tell Yu what,this gal wasnt very smart.

Ameenah + Flying still: Yall sooooo Nosy-LOL but hey .lol

Haneefah   

I feel sorry for the dude but i gotta say, If it took him that long to see what type of a girl she was...then maybe he's not such a bright faarax...ya know there is a reason why somalis say ruux aadan saacad ku baran sanad kuma baratid...it's unfortunate when brothers are blinded by looks iyo waxaan loo joogin and they simply don't see the essence of the person.

But I have to give him a credit for the fancy break-up...at least he could think of something :D

Underdog : "no purchase necessary, must be over 23yrs old. certain rules and regulations apply. skill testing questions must be answered. Results may vary."

:D:D:D LOOOOOOOL!!

I like the line..can I used sxb witout being sued for Copyrights??? I may add few stuff to it!!!

Cheers

Xafsa   

Underdog--- Flying still has no such image of you...you just put a bull's eye on my back and you won't stop 'till you hit the mark. I wouldn't want you to let me off the hook either...wheres the fun in that? ;)

Only the 416 area code? why limit yourself....the sky is the limit my friend :D

Peace and luv

Lakkad---I aint nosy...I just made an observation thats all...now get the hell off my back :D

Xafsa   

Originally posted by king_450:

Since i have joined the SOL, i hear about ,how misfortune are the sisters who live in minnesot.specially when it comes to the "Men". are Somali men in the state that dump. I am sorry but i am about to bag and move to minnesota. Watch out Washingtonians are moving in.

they aren't dumb...their just...how should I put this.....pre-occupied with ballin' and pimpin'.

but we will wlc you with open arms.