Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

The Most Embarrassing Shukaansi Situattion

ANTARA   

Yesterday as I was coming home from town, I saw this good looking sister walking in front of me and I subconsciously walked a bit faster just to catch up with her as this was by far the best chance I Had to strike up a conversation with the qalanjo. Mind you I was looking to talk to her for a long time and I have a feeling she has already fallen for me too. Anyways, I managed to get close to her even though I wasted some time admiring her long legs.

I tried to start up the conversation with the first thing that came to my mind so I said to her “Inaabti dheeridaa ma dhulkaad ku nooleyd.” She looked my way laughing and said something I couldn’t quite understand. I carried on with my shukaansi determined not to miss this opportunity so I got even closer to invite her to the book launch event ( I completely made up the launch event so as to not appear that I was asking her out) next week in the local library which she might want to attend.

Unfortunately, before I even finished the conversation, like a bolt out of the blue her brother came out from nowhere and told me to get away from his sister. The rascal is in his early twenties so I could have just explained myself somehow but it was all the more embarrassing because the local imam who was striding along that little alleyway made the situation even worse. What an embarrassment that was! Well I just said sorry and walked away as I was told in the hope of salvaging something out of that mess.

This brings me to the question of whether her brother was right in what he did or wrong? I wouldn’t really want to be in his place but I would have probably felt the same way had my sister been in the receiving end of such a fierce shukaansi attack. Reacting the way he did is out of the question for me though, you have to always have a touch of reer magaalnimo. In the end your sister will walk away with a man of her choosing one day and your preference when it comes to it will be a secondary consideration if anything at all.

Haye bal share any shukaaansi situations that went wrong plus any 2 cents you might want to add.

Ibtisam   

Loool, Good, Fabulous, wonderful brother. Adigu why did you jump her like a hyena! You are luck inano madaax ku dilacin- and he had every right to. Reer Magaalnimo is just another word for dayuusnimo.

I hope it teaches you a good lesson! :D loool

Your shukaniis sucks "“Inaabti dheeridaa ma dhulkaad ku nooleyd.” I mean seriously, even hello ba daanta icon_razz.gif

:D:D This is where you went wrong;

1st and formost, you approached her an alley of all the places? :mad: That laughter might've been a nervous laughter.

2nd: when you've seen the brother, you should've walked away, even run in the opposite direction. That is the unspoken law. psst...she doesnt like you or she would've said something like "oh I know him" to her brother icon_razz.gif .

3rd: You lied?

But have no worries, the Imam is involved. They're known to be effective and speedy matchmakers ;) just go to the masjid alot and bring up the subject of finding a suitable woman.

Miriam1   

lol ... the whole fact you approached in an alley is scary.

What did you expect for her brother to do...ask for your number on his sister's behalf??!!

Gosh. What a decent brother - go the halal way and ask for her hand dude.

SeeKer   

Originally posted by ANTARA:

Anyways, I managed to get close to her even though I wasted some time admiring her long legs.

Loool I can't get over this. :eek: I have a hard time believing her legs are the only things you were admiring.

ANTARA   

^lool, u should have been there

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Loool, Good, Fabulous, wonderful brother. Adigu why did you jump her like a hyena! You are luck inano madaax ku dilacin- and he had every right to. Reer Magaalnimo is just another word for dayuusnimo.

I hope it teaches you a good lesson!
:D
loool

Your shukaniis sucks
"“Inaabti dheeridaa ma dhulkaad ku nooleyd.”
I mean seriously, even hello ba daanta
icon_razz.gif

You see am not used to using chat up lines, my looks did the job for me most of the time intaan bidaartu i galin .....lol intaasi waa iska kaftan eh am still young.

Ibtisaam Xaal baan kugu leeyahey geel waxan aheyna maqaato :D . Me no dayuus at all, the shukaansi can be stopped by other subtle means there is no need to make big fuss about it.

icon_razz.gif @Cynical canbaro

C&H

thanks for the advice, you are right about the alley but there was no way I could tell who her brother was.

She couldn’t intervene because the imam was at a hearing distance from us and it was wise to let things pass. I could tell she wasn't pleased with her bro though, the look on her face gave it away. smile.gif

As for the assisted marriage business in the mosque I prefer to do the choosing part myself.

ANTARA   

looool @ C&H, one might say if all else fails considering the Imaam is the next best option but after four years of not setting foot in that particular mosque it will certainly look very suspicious.

Paragon   

you should have said: 'sister do you i have a pen I can borrow?' she then dips her nimber (pretty) fingers into her purse and produces one.

Then you tell her: 'Right. Thanks. What's your number then?'

it works. saves time too. :D