Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

100 Great Black Britons

N.O.R.F   

^^Quite true!

He has been nominated so maybe this year.

http://www.100greatblackbritons.com/people_data.html#O

Bio

Rageh Omaar is the BBC's Africa correspondent, whose sterling work during the Iraq war made him a household name. He was born in Somalia, and educated at Cheltenham Boy's School and Oxford University, where he gained a BA in Modern History.

He began his journalistic career as a trainee for the Voice newspaper, and in 1991 he moved to Ethiopia where he freelanced as a foreign correspondent, working mainly for the World Service. A year later, he returned to London to work as a producer and broadcast journalist for the BBC. He moved to South Africa after being appointed the BBC's Africa correspondent.

During his coverage of the Iraq war, nearly 90% of the population watched him on either the weekday BBC news bulletins, or on News 24. Many of his broadcasts were syndicated across the U.S., where the Washington Post labelled him the 'Scud Stud'.

Rageh has never forgotten his Somali roots and is a strong advocate for the Somali community in Britain.

He is the recipient of an EMMA award for the best media correspondent.

N.O.R.F   

^^Not sure how old the list is.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^Interesting.

I wonder if RO is a secessionist
:D

Maybe he is a neutralist (until things heat up closer to home) ;)

ElPunto   

^Haha. It's always foolish to project I say. Better to do due diligence rather than a rush to simplistic labels. But then again - some folks can't think outside small and convenient boxes. ;)

N.O.R.F   

^^The non ability to think outside the small and convenient box can be seen in the political flip flopping of some ;)

Consistency not your forte is it?

ElPunto   

^Comprehension of the English language is not your forte :D

I'd love details on my political inconsistencies. Take all the time you need. And be sure to solicit lots of help. ;)

ElPunto   

^Now that's called a tactical retreat

You pass up the chance to score cheap political points - now that's inconsistent :D

Perhaps I should let you off the hook provided you've learned your lesson. ;)

N.O.R.F   

^^No desire to back-track through SOL pages laakin lets just say being neutral is temporary for some depending on who is involved in the conflict ;)