Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Salaanta iga qaad bal.....

Is it only me mise there's a increase in getting a blank stare when you salaam a Somali?!I mean even non skinnies always say it back .I'm gonna be real ,it's always hablaha that I've experienced it with.On one hand I met those truly beautiful muslim sisters(Masha'Allah) who salaam me or I salaam them and we embark on a little excited banter about where they bought their shoes from :D .Lakiin it's like sometimes markaan salaamo hablaha soomaaliyeed qarkood who are with their 'cool' friends it's like I'm talking a foreign language or some.They either roll their eyes and turn their heads and resume their conversations with their buddies or act like I'm totally transparent and about to vanish into thin air.... :confused:

When has Asalamu caleykum become embarassing?!!! :mad:

Im sorry to bring such a negative tinge but htis is really starting to get to me...

Walle tis is a sad day...... :(

Garoofka ku dhufo tii sii jaysata. Go somali on them.Dis reminds of Somali dude ( Asal reer Mudug) dat always speaks in English. I gotta da feeling, he does dat cuz he thinks it is cool.

On serious note, Ajarkaa iska wado. Obviously, aviod the ones salaan kaa qaadin on da chance you ever run into them agian.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Lakiin it's like sometimes markaan salaamo hablaha soomaaliyeed qarkood who are with their 'cool' friends it's like I'm talking a foreign language or some.They either roll their eyes and turn their heads and resume their conversations with their buddies or act like I'm totally transparent and about to vanish into thin air....

all i need is some # and addresses :mad:

Xalimopatra

u need to do this.. next time they dont respond... wave some gold at time.. those who dont know the raxamada of Ws r sure cheap ppl, and in honesty, u dont need any salan from them :D

^^^ She can't let it go..she is Xalimoparrot. :D

Xalimopatra, Could it be the way you say the salaam sounds - wierd -? or they just don't want to talk about where they bought their shoes from! :D

Cheers

Arica   

Asaalamu'caleykum.

It's not hablah kale ah, walle i have seen dad wa-wayan oo salaanta ka qaadnin ilaa ay ku egaan mooye :eek: :eek: Waxaa ku qaabani maxaaa u salaantay ama mardanbee waliga ha salaamin.

Aaliyyah   

Asalaamu alaikum,

walahi i agree there is even older somali men/women who wouldnt bother replying, but i am guessing they dont really know the ajar they are missing. so xalimo all u gota do is do yr job say asalaamu alaikum, if they dont respond that is their lost . who cares if they roll yr eyes at you, they are just humiliating themselves. everyone knows that muslims great themselves this way, and if they dont respond it indicates how little they know about their relegion. and yeah walahi it is shockin that ppl this it is humiliating responding back to asalaamu alaikum, like what is this world coming to?

wa salam

i had that problem with the pakistani's and bengali's when i was little i truelly believed all muslims were brothers and sisters.....

hmm, now it aint so much the young somali generation, that dont say salaam back to you because they think they with a cool group, and u gone cramp their style, they generally appericiate the fact that you didnt judge them and they respectfully say salaam back...

what bothers me is when a grown women who has just walked out of the mosque does not reply to you salaam, because your masaar is not as big as her hijaab. i think them ones should know better!

Pucca   

i wouldnt care...i do my part by salaam'ing them, whether they respond or not doesnt matter cuz i still get my ajar.

ps. wlc back patra

Nephissa   

What I usualy get stuck in is, when someone is saying *Hi* to someone just behind me, and I think they are talking to me, and respond. LOL, jac & baaruud waxan ahayn igama raacaan.

Taloow haduu qof dhaho 'ma nabad baa' mise 'soo nabad ma'aha,' will that person receive ajir as well?

Or ajir kaliya waxaa la siiyaa dadka 'salaamu caleykum' dhaho? [Xadiiskaas ku saabsan si qalad ayaa loo turjuntay.]

Ar maxaana diinta lagu wareeray.

Soomaalidii lagu xaman jiray wax ka salaan badan ayaa hadana lagu dacaayadeynaa salaanta dadka kama qaadaan.

Who knows the same of you might've been dadka ka calaacalaaye not that far that Soomaalida telefoonka markee kuu soo diraan too much salaan [see la yahay -- soo lama fiicno -- maxaa la sheegay -- cida ka warama -- reeraha -- ciyaalka xaaladooda see waaye -- caafimadkiina...], and now this.

Meel loogu fakado maleh maryooleey.

Arica   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

What I usualy get stuck in is, when someone is saying *Hi* to someone just behind me, and I think they are talking to me, and respond. LOL, jac & baaruud waxan ahayn igama raacaan.

LOOOOOOOL. Same here. :confused: Malimahan aniga oo an hubasannin in aniga la ilaa hadalayo ma jawaboo.