Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Cheesy romance book covers to die for....

Ok, now if all that was not bad enough, the so called romantic couple that everything involves around, take turns in raping each other covered in masks in some sort of sadistic plots! In fact normal consensual relationship does not occur till only four pages of the book is left.

:D Sounds like a Red-Neck kind romance and who would send you a romance novel :confused: , I would be scared to even mention it to you icon_razz.gif . Oh that Siren never listens to anyone* Imagines Ibtisam convulsing with disgust as she reads the sexual scenes. shakes her head from side to side with disgust and shame for SIREN. stares at her Shaah and waits impati

^- lmao- What the hell has been going on here then?

IBTI! (Staggers with shock) How very dare you insult such a magnificent book as the one I PM'ed to you.

Rape indeed- ITS A LIE DAMN IT! LOL

I shall return to defend the honor of my BOOK! But first I am late for work.

See what happens when I skip off for a bit?

Ibti- what this space (pokes her in the belly) lol

NGONGE   

Always look on the bright side, Ibti. That books sounds like it gave you a good opportunity for exercising your facial muscles. :D

faces.gif

Ibtisam   

^^You should, I hear wa your kind of love, in fact, Caano Geel can you somehow fit in Paragons name in the middle somewhere :Dicon_razz.gif

The siren: I shall wait for your reply!!

C&H! LOL, why do you like to paint me as so so, second time you have made similar comments.

Ngonge! LOOL for sure I did.

Chimera   

Hahaha, Ow my days, I haven't laughed this hard about a SOL topic in a long long time. Pure comedy.

On a related note, I have a secret USB with a Somali romance set in Ajuuran times, but I feel ashamed of it lol because of the lustful ways of the Somali prince, and dare not put it up for serious publication.......ever. Unless under a pseudonym, but the thought of anyone close to me ever getting hold of that book is too embarassing.

I really wonder how these Mills & Boon writers got around that.

Garnaqsi   

Chimera;773192 wrote:
On a related note, I have a secret USB with a Somali romance set in Ajuuran times, but I feel ashamed of it lol because of the lustful ways of the Somali prince, and dare not put it up for serious publication.......ever. Unless under a pseudonym, but the thought of anyone close to me ever getting hold of that book is too embarassing.

Do the Belle de Jour thing! :]

Ms DD;38318 wrote:
I had these

suitcases.jpg

full of Mills and Boons underneath my bed. I scoured all the libraries in Brent and Barnet and in the end I had to go to other boroughs to find fresh material..

I loved reading it, till they got too racy for me. Diamands in places i didnt know existed and cocaine snorting and not the conventional way either. Ah the memories.. I learnt somthing though. Wasnt waste

That made me a laugh!

Chimera   

I have a distinctive writing style, and majority of my WIPs are made for the ages 9 to 24, I don't want to lose that potential audience due to angry Somali parents or worse fatwas because of my other more grown up orientated material. I would have to change the entire prose to get away with it.

This topic is evidence though that Somali parents have no clue about what their kids are reading. ;)

lisamariericedangerouslover.jpg

med0451219368.jpg

21PoRb2BnW8L.jpg

My favorite romance authors. lol. I recommend them, every day, all day, with no shame. They tend to be on the more *ahem* explicit side of things. If you'd like any suggestions on reading order or other authors feel free to pm me! :P

Attached files 774439=32-med0451219368.jpg

cynical lady;38334 wrote:
Don’t forget- Johanna Lindsey, Amanda Quick, Julia Quinn omg i should stop ohh the shame. And don’t even start me on Julia Garwood that woman ruined me, seriously i now have un-attainable expectation, i curse the day i found her, but i can’t survive winter without her. She had me at Gentle Warrior you see and since then i never looked back. I’m now a proud owner of all her books and a veteran at the historical romance corner; it’s my very own pervasive guilty pleasure. .

Mills and Boon, are a girls right of passage if you ask me. I remember back when when, due to the half naked men and over hanging bosoms, i was forced to invest in book covers; and i remember one incidence in particular my dad asked me to see what i was reading....i nearly shiyted on myself, after pulling the cover he marched to my hoyo and you all know Somali mothers......ahh the yesteryears.

p.s Barbra Cartland book covers classic!

The only historical author worth reading is Lisa Kleypas. She puts the rest to shame, she will ruin the genre for you for forever, as she did me. lol. My mum sees the covers of my romance books all the time and doesn't say anything. She's actually borrowed some. ;) But I have a e-reader now so I can read them on the bus without anyone knowing.

Garnaqsi   

Chimera;773203 wrote:
I have a distinctive writing style, and majority of my WIPs are made for the ages 9 to 24, I don't want to lose that potential audience due to angry Somali parents or worse fatwas because of my other more grown up orientated material. I would have to change the entire prose to get away with it.

:D @ fatwas. Fair enough.