Sign in to follow this  
Taqwa

E-mail Group for the Male Nomads!!

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum My noble brother's,

I will start an e-mailing group soon insha'allah. Its really simple to be honest. I will send you a weekly e-mail reminding you of Allah. So that you don't get bored of reading it, it will not be like the usuall e-mail but rather a personal one. I hate wasting time online, so what better way to be online and collect good deeds. Your probably wondering who will send me the same advice, well a good friend has been doing it for me since 1999. It truly pays off when you open your email and you remember Allah `azza wa jall.

P.S. I mean what I say so no laziness.

P.S.S. Send me a private with your name and e-mail. These two things will remain private. This will be for a four month period and insha'allah maybe another brother can take over.

Brothers Only.

Salaan...

Taqwa, manooleed kaaba? Ay Iisho aa ku raadineysay nooh. ;) Xaajigeey Taqwa-Taraafiko-Temperal yaa arkey lee ku heesay in suuqa Fiya-Eejito. Anigana yaab, I don't know waxaa tusisay yaqeey. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, here is my e-mail:

waryaa@go.com And the name is Cabdisa...--Just call me Cabdi for now. :cool:

Did I tell you horta inaa miss gareeyi that lecture by Sheekh C/raxmaan Sudeysi? Yeah, with my maraxnimo I did miss it. :( I only needed his autograph, though--to sell it through ebay and make a little $$, you know. :Dicon_razz.gif

Macsalaama, duqa!

Taqwa   

Salam Abdi a.k.a Macruuf,

I rarely laugh but brother you certainly are a comedian. I don't think Imam's give autographs but I'm sure in your case there will be an exception to the rule. It will be a pleasure sending you a weekly reminder (starting tomorrow) Insha'allah.

P.S. Some brothers just send me their e-mails but forget to tell me their names. Well in that case I'll assume your all Farah's.

Wa Salam,

Taqwa

OG Moti   

salaam

Taqwa bro/sis i really could not tell from the name, i have two things to ask

1. Why brothers only, sisters dont need to be reminded Allah subhaanahu watacaalaa?

2. No exceptions in any rule in Islam, people should be equal, so why are u telling the brother maskiin that he might get exception from the rule <<< what ever the rule is... :)lool

any way I hope you will give me a satisfactory answer for my seriously asked questions..

and add me in the e-mail but please ones a week not everyday, and jazakal lah kheyr.. moti@unitar.edu.my

peace

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum Wr Wb,

Brother OG_Moti,

I will answer your questions and I am a brother if you got the gender's confused.

Q1. For religious reasons I rather deal with brothers only. Its also my personal choice.

Q2. You entered a conversation between me and Macruuf. He wanted an autograph of an Imam. So I told him that they don't do such things but in his case they might bend the rules.

P.S. I hope your satisfied with the answers.

Nasra,

I am not biased, but if you want why don't you start an e-mail group for the sisters.

Kool_Kat   

Oh PLEASEEEE!!! Brothers ONLY... Righttt... Biased iyo nus aa tahay walaahi... I can't believe this... But Oh Well Look at who Posted it... Wow, what a surprise...

I'ma be out b4 I say something else...

OG Moti   

brother taqwa, your answers are not satisfactory.. but brother can I give brotherly advice..

if Allah gave you knowledge and the time to advice others and remind them about Allah subhaanahu watacaalaa, it should not be only brothers, All imams and sheikhs not to mention our beloved Prophet Peace be Upon Him adviced women and specially now adays our sisters need advices too they ask for it actually so dont be Baqiil, gacan adeeg, and no personal reasons would ever force you not to advice, cause you are doing it for Allah sake not for personal gains arent you? so brother jazakal lah kheyr but think about it.. unless in the e-mail group we are talking about topics like how to hunt women and 10 ways of courtmenship, and I dont think that is the case so why not include them?

wa salaamu caleekum

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum,

Due to the typical Somali arguments, I have decided to Cancel this e-mail group. My sincere appology to those that where looking forward to it. Now let this topic fade away please.

Khayr   

:mad:

Subhanallah,

Br. Taqwa inshallah was starting this email list

so as to communicate with other brothers and share some discussions about alim ad-deen and to give naseexa (ADVICE). Some sister pops in here and tries to object to it. Do you think that any sensible brother would have a problem if a sister had a similiar request for sisters???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So then, why can't you accept things and let the brothers have their own email list group that Br. Taqwa wants to start.

Females were not going to be included not because the brother hates Women but because inshallah he wants to try to this with other brothers only.

If u want to get into gender issues and you have a problem with being a women sister, then so be it. However, please don't try to undermine any efforts that Br. Taqwa or anyone else in here, towards positive communication.

Br. Taqwa, walaal don't be discourged by the questioning of antagonistic people. Pick yourself up and do what you came to do.

Don't be discouragedddddd!!!!

Abdinuur   

I don't think we should criticize someone who is willing to take his time and his effort by doing something positive regardless of what his goals are.

I think Taqwa feels comfortable communicating with the brothers and feels that he can convey a positive message that encourages us and motivates us to do good deeds, so criticizing him is totally and totally uncool.

Taqwa, don't just give up brother man. If you're still interesting in doing whatever you planned to do, then I think you should go for it. Don't let any negative criticisms get on your way. Just put your TRUST in Allah and you'd be straight insha-Allah.

And if you still want to do this, let us know.

Salaam.

I think Khayr n' Abdinuur pretty much summed it up for me. There's nothing wrong with creating an email listserve consisting of brothers. Infact,I suggest the same thing for the sisters. I don't believe that's being sexist. So sisters, for once give Taqwa a break n' breath!!!

However, lol...how would u know who's a brother or a sister when ur adding them on? Just kidding ofcourse.

Miriam1   

Salam

I read this post a few days ago and i was happy that someone thought of it, even if it was only for men.There is noting sexiest about it as Abdinuur and Khayr said, its just a matter of communication. A man can easily relate to the issues and problems faced by brothers in our soceity today and advice them as wise.Its also the same idea for women and i know u sisters would feel far more comfortable getting advice from a sister on personal matters.

Taqwa there is no need to have such a weak heart and to give up so easily,and pls of all things, this has noting to with us being somali so dont push of to that.If u truly want to do this dont let " this topic fade away" and explain to the sisters in a clear POLITE manner what ur point of view is and even give to the ones who seem interested suggestions to how they would be able to start an email group.

Oh and Taqwa laughing is a cure to all that ails the heart. :D so laugh cause u only live once.

Peace and ppl read between the lines before being judgemental i learned that lesson recently ;)