Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

SCORPIAN QUEEN and She's Muslim too

Khayr   

Woman spends a month caged with 6,000 scorpions

New record holder will remain on display in mall until Saturday

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A Malaysian woman has broken a world record by enduring 32 days enclosed in a glass box with 6,069 scorpions, suffering seven stings in the process, her sponsor said Tuesday.

Nur Malena Hassan, 27, will remain in the case, on display in a shopping mall in the eastern city of Kuantan, until Saturday, said Bohari Rahmat, whose biscuit company sponsored the stunt.

Late Monday, Nur Malena surpassed the previous record held by Kanchana Ketkeaw from Thailand, who spent 31 days in a glass box with 3,400 scorpions, Bohari said.

Bohari said he hadn't talked to Nur Malena since she reclaimed her record, which she first won in 2001 by living for 30 days with 2,700 scorpions.

"We don't want her to lose focus, thinking that this is enough," Bohari said. "If we can reach 36 days, it will be more difficult for someone else to beat us next time."

Sujatah Nair, a spokesperson for the Malaysia Book of Records, said video and other documentation were being sent to the Guinness Book of Records.

Nur Malena, nicknamed Scorpion Queen in this Southeast Asian country, has been stung seven times by the poisonous arachnids since she began the stunt.

"She was stung on her leg three times last Wednesday and could not walk, but she's recovered," Bohari said. "She left the room on Saturday for two minutes to cut a cake and celebrate her 27th birthday."

Otherwise, she has left the room only once a day for a 15-minute bathroom break.

Nur Malena has built up resistance to stings after five years of training, but can pass out if stung three times within a short span. A doctor has remained on standby to treat her if necessary.

Thousands of Malaysians have visited the mall to observe Nur Malena in the room, where she sleeps, eats and performs Muslim prayers, moving very carefully to avoid upsetting her dangerous roommates.

With all the Scorpians, she still does Salat and holds her Wudu for the WHole day except for 15minutes. Amazingggg! :eek:

Masha Allah, you goooo girl!

What do you think of her people?

NoVa   

WHoa, now that's beyond braveness...she got more guts than the average person in this planet does....i couldn't even sit with a bee' for 2 mins. let alone a scorpion for a ten more seconds and here she lives with scorpions for more than a Month :eek: ....that's Unbelievable, i dont' even know what to say'bout da....damnnn...

Qac Qaac   

I didn't know, even muslimska xataa bacame that dump... to put risk in your life...

u know what they say.. Nova.. there is a thin line between bravery and stu pidity.

I think: WHY?? All for a place in that book? I don't think she's doing her bladder any favours. I do commend the lady on her endurance.

Who was it that mentioned the Guinness Book recently? Juxa? Wait till she reads this.

Rahima   

This is not an achievement.

As Muslims, we are not meant to put our life at risk for such trivial matters as breaking a world record, not to mention it is a waste of time.

Raxmah   

^^Maybe she had nothing better to do. :D

Wow, she's is brave, gota admit it. I can't even stand seeing a spider a feet away, scares me to death.

Again it's haram to put your life in danger, it's not worth it.

How can you build resistance to stings?

For those who said " aaah we shouldn't be doin this and that" yeah..I agree the objective of the act is not significant or khayr. But have u thought about it and said this just an example of Khadr and that Nothing happens Witout the Qadr? this could be a prime example.

See It depends how u look at it. . .

But the outcome (breakin world record) is useless i have to admit.

Cheers

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I agree the objective of the act is not significant or khayr. But have u thought about it and said this just an example of Khadr and that Nothing happens Witout the Qadr? this could be a prime example.

Cheers

You have a most adulterated notion of divine foreordainment.

SJ   

Respect

Aint there a way she could utilize her new accomplishment? I’m sure she would profit if she was to launch a market for her newly acquired fame.

Originally posted by Mutakalim:

quote:Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I agree the objective of the act is not significant or khayr. But have u thought about it and said this just an example of Khadr and that Nothing happens Witout the Qadr? this could be a prime example.

Cheers

You have a most adulterated notion of divine foreordainment.
I was expecting you to respond (predictable you should say)....and U didnt disappoint..I am sure It will be very interesting...

I think we should start a whole thread for this... and See where it takes us...

Since I am not a fan of engaging into a debate witout premises/definitions and platform... we should first agree on them before any exchange of ideas commence...

Warning:I am really a busy person and dont get much time for reading/writing on the forums... So dont expect quick replies...

If you agree with the above then by all means proceed...

Cheers