Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

The first Somali to graduate from a Western univeristy

It is hard to say who was first in any accomplishment since we never kept or have any historical records in pre-independent Somalia. I therefore, can't confirm or deny whether Dr Lawaaxe was 1st or not.

ANTARA   

^^ Logically speaking you are spot on.

If we agree that Dr laxwase was the first, it leads to the natural question of what was his was his tribe? … and according to their tribal affiliations most people will either accept ur calim as the truth oo aan biyo is marin or reject it as been aan raad laheyn.

So, may be it is better to find out who was the first man/woman in ur tribe to graduate from university, may be that task will be less daunting.

Gabbal   

Lawaxe was his name. He served as the administrator of the SYL, Abdirashiid's chief of protocol, and was the brain behind the "siinaan, cadaalad, midnimo, and horumar" motto of Siyaad's revolution in 1969.

STOIC   

Sh**t hmmmm...I thought Abdullahi Yussuf was the first to graduate!Someone posted his resume back when he was running for a president.Dude is as old as Mcain (and no I'm not related to him even though I think he is genius guy ;) )

PS Seriously I don't give rat-*** what tribe he is from, but it wouldn't hurt to know where he went to school and what year?

nuune   

and was the brain behind the "
siinaan,
cadaalad, midnimo, and horumar" motto of Siyaad's revolution in 1969

If he was indeed the person behind that MOTTO, then he must have taken his lion's share of Somali problems, by the time Kacaanka established the MOTTO that men and women are same in everyway and in all aspects of life, that is when Somali problems started, then the wadaado torture started when they voiced thei opposition against that motto.

At that time, there were lots jokes that were used by men and applied to women, the women were happy with the wada Sinnaan between men and women, and many of them abused that freedom untill most or alot of young ladies used to dress like men, trousers, shirts, hats etc, some were even seen to wear macawiis & cimaamado as well just to silence the men!

It was at this stage that men called those women "Cali qooqanayaasha" ee ku cayaarey xorriyatul dowliga & iyo dadnimada la siiyey.

Gabbal   

Siinaan at the inception of the revolution equated to general equality but specifically ethnic/racial/class equality in the sense that a marginalized skill-based individual (say blacksmith) is equal to a "noble Somali" or that clans treated with inferiority were equal to all other clans.